• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
I'd advise against using that mod. Not only is the UI ugly, they've ruined a lot of the camera angles and I've been getting crashes.

Going to do a fresh install to rid my PC of it!
I second this emotion. The mod may be a good idea, but it has had the effect of making hosting online games impossible, so off it goes!

Dibbz

Was wondering if any patches were released on the PS3 that fixed the tyre and fuel use? I remember turning them on would mean you were massively slow compared to everyone else on the grid in single player. Did they fix it?

Was looking to buy F1 again on the PS3.

Our races tonight were pretty fun because we all sucked so much, haha. It was quite close! I think we had quite a few good laps, though. Especially in Montreal.

To get my skills back up to scratch I've started another Expert career. I recorded my first race so I may upload it to the GAF F1 channel on Youtube soon just because!

Need to do this again soon, regardless :)

After finding time to play this again, I remembered why I quit playing this for a while. Singapore. Jesus Christ, I'm struggling to not crash every single lap in the third practice run right now, but it's horrible.

Do you guys have tips not to crash a 100 times in the race itself and finish 24th?

Salacious Crumb

By request here are some heinously large, and rather boring screenshots.

f1_2010_game2011-06-18vfu1.png

f1_2010_game2011-06-180hij.png

f1_2010_game2011-06-181ck1.png

And this is what happens when you screenshot and drive. somebody should make a PSA about this shit.

f1_2010_game2011-06-18wgby.png

That should give you some idea of my unquestionable superiority.

Jezbollah

Hi. Newly approved Gaf newbie here.

Just wanted to chime in on this thread (which I have been lurking on since post 1) and tip my hat to you all. I've really enjoyed this discussion, and hope to contribute to it at some stage :)

Orgun said:
I'm still confused by that guy teleporting! But yeah, that was unbelievably close.

Dan27 said:
Hi. Newly approved Gaf newbie here.

Just wanted to chime in on this thread (which I have been lurking on since post 1) and tip my hat to you all. I've really enjoyed this discussion, and hope to contribute to it at some stage :)
PC player? If so, we're still active as the above video shows, if you want a few races :)

Orgun

So my housemate decided to sell his Wheel stand pro and DFGT. snagged the wheel stand for £50! Time to play f1 2010 on the big screen! :)

AcridMeat

Banned
Speaking of wheels, mine arrived yesterday. It has made me shit at F1, but about the same if not faster in Race 07. Will have a proper session this weekend.

@fresquito Unfortunately don't believe so.

AcridMeat said:
Speaking of wheels, mine arrived yesterday. It has made me shit at F1, but about the same if not faster in Race 07. Will have a proper session this weekend.
It made me about 10 - 12 seconds slower per lap when I first started. Hell, my very first race with the wheel I couldn't stay on the track, as Orgun will gladly tell you, haha.

I've put in about 30 hours with it now though and I'm back to the same pace I was doing with the controller, if not a bit faster. It will come to you! I was doing manual gears for the first time in a racing game, though, so that's why it probably took so long for me.

I'm pretty sure by the time 2011 is out I'll be faster on my wheel than I was with the joypad by a fair margin. I've noticed I'm more competitive online lately and keeping up with Lucius/Stop It more.

Just picked this up on Steam for $20, trying to get ready for 2011.

You guys with a DFGT, how are you dealing with the paddle shifters on turns? I find it possible to shift down fast if I'm in the middle of a turn. I believe i'm using Orgun's setup (found it somewhere in this thread).

Also, maybe I'm sitting to close to my 50" TV (2 feet maybe), but I have a hard time knowing when to shift and rely on the noise which is not working to well for me, haha.

photo.JPG

I had problems shifting when cornering too at first. It will come to you. I think it's just muscle memory and training your fingers. Once you've memorised how much you need to shift on any given corner you'll just do it.

I still need to use the rev limiter to tell me when to shift, too. Trying to do it on sound alone is quite hard at times and even though I can do it now, I still like to have that rev limiter in the corner of my eye to help me sometimes.

My PC is dead at the moment when I wait for a replacement PSU, but add me on Steam and you'll have to join us in some races :) http://steamcommunity.com/id/FoliorumViridum

kamspy

If finally own this game. HELLO F1 GAF!

What are the basic mods? It's a Codies game, so I assume I'm going to need to remove the piss filter. Any other stuff would be nice. I know GRID turns into a great game with mods, just wanna see if there are any must have for F1.

Now, excuse me for a minute. I have to go shake my ethernet cable to make the download faster.

Is the matchmaking GFWL? Is there still a GAF league? I'm ready to go!

HenryHSH

I read your previous post and I've had a similar experience when I bought CS:Source for $20 and it went on sale for $4.99 two days later before I even played it. You're stuck with what you paid. :(

Edit: Steam limiting my DL speed. It's been 3 hours gah! :(

HenryHSH

So I've spent the last hour trying to get Games for Windows Live to update in-game with no success. What the fuck is this shit?

I've deleted and redownloaded the GFWL client multiple times, opened all kinds of ports, DMZ'd my connection and still the same crap.

Played 30 minutes worth earlier on pc, my thoughts:

-Looks a ton nicer then the 360 version I play, mostly due to better AF and MSAA
-Can tell it's on an old unoptimized EGO engine, DiRT 3 rapes it in all areas... in fact DiRT 2 does too and that game is 1.5 years old.
-Huge frame drops in places even with low shadows and effects, relates to the above.
-Real Mod looks REALLY GOOD, nice to play 2010 with non piss colours and bloom effects.
- DX9 loading time in this game is twice what it is for my 360 copy installed to the 360 HDD, Even DiRT 2 and 3 load faster then this!

Worth my £7 but I hope 2011 is more like DiRT 3 when it comes to using a quality pc engine.

Quote said:
This is a Steam deal today!? I just bought it a day or two ago! Anyone know if they'll price match?
rule of steam is not to buy sale games until the final day in case it's a daily deal, someone here for another game was able to get a refund due to buying a game 1 day before the sale started, test your luck with steam support.

HenryHSH said:
So I've spent the last hour trying to get Games for Windows Live to update in-game with no success. What the fuck is this shit?

I've deleted and redownloaded the GFWL client multiple times, opened all kinds of ports, DMZ'd my connection and still the same crap.
where does it fail exactly? patched for me first time no problem (n fact no gfwl title acts up for me :|)

Diablohead said:
Played 30 minutes worth earlier on pc, my thoughts:

-Looks a ton nicer then the 360 version I play, mostly due to better AF and MSAA
-Can tell it's on an old unoptimized EGO engine, DiRT 3 rapes it in all areas... in fact DiRT 2 does too and that game is 1.5 years old.
-Huge frame drops in places even with low shadows and effects, relates to the above.
-Real Mod looks REALLY GOOD, nice to play 2010 with non piss colours and bloom effects.
- DX9 loading time in this game is twice what it is for my 360 copy installed to the 360 HDD, Even DiRT 2 and 3 load faster then this!

Worth my £7 but I hope 2011 is more like DiRT 3 when it comes to using a quality pc engine.
What's your specs buddy? It runs really nice on beefy hardware so I'm just curious :) When playing online sometimes we have to wait ages in the garage when other people load up, so it's definitely an issue for some people.

Glad you finally got it though! I'm looking forward to racing with you. Are you using a wheel or a pad?

Foliorum Viridum said:
not at all sir i will be up for racesd as soon as my pc is back up an running :)
Oops. First and (hopefully last) drunk post on GAF, haha.

ASilva

Neo Member
Just got this amazing game on the steam summer sale, i'm mindblown. I've done a couple of races and i'm loving it

Any mods i should be looking at?

Foliorum Viridum said:
What's your specs buddy? It runs really nice on beefy hardware so I'm just curious :) When playing online sometimes we have to wait ages in the garage when other people load up, so it's definitely an issue for some people.

Glad you finally got it though! I'm looking forward to racing with you. Are you using a wheel or a pad?

Oops. First and (hopefully last) drunk post on GAF, haha.
System is about 2 years old now, GTX 260 and a c2d 2.8 (was OC to 3.2 but dropped it again after some random restarts which may or may not be related to it, dunno)

Dirt 2 and 3 run much smoother like 40-60fps in 1080, 30-40fps when against other cars, this game however is 30ish in low settings, doesn't change much on high so it's just the unoptimized engine being annoying. I dropped F1 to 1280x720 and it's a little better but there must be something else I can do to help it.

Real mod doesn't seem to impact the game much at all in frame rate and makes it look a lot better, worth getting that mod first.

*edit* I think the framerate problem is mostly my processor if visual changes hardly effect frame rate.

Right so it turns out that it is my cpu holding back the frame rate, I can run in 1080p again with higher settings yet only suffer about a 5fps penalty, also going by heat temps my gpu runs only around the 65 degree mark so it's not being fully loaded. I can settle with 30fps no problem but the game still gives me random hickups about twice on 12 lap races.

This game really is beautiful with the right mods but the official 2011 screens look really good too, and if anything like DiRT 3 it will not need modding for me :)

I've no ideas for the topic title, but is everyone okay with Lucius and I doing the OT for 2011? He's going to do the game bit and I'll pimp the league.

Also, I have my new PSU, so I should be up for a race tomorrow if something else in my PC hasn't blown up with it! :D Looking forward to racing with the new GAFers!

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:
I've no ideas for the topic title, but is everyone okay with Lucius and I doing the OT for 2011? He's going to do the game bit and I'll pimp the league.

Also, I have my new PSU, so I should be up for a race tomorrow if something else in my PC hasn't blown up with it! :D Looking forward to racing with the new GAFers!
Sounds good to me.

Yup I'll be about for a race after 6pm

DFGT peeps:

What are the default Pit Limiter and Pit Call buttons? The button layout does not seem to correspond with the Logitech Configuration program (i.e., X is not button 2 in the game). Or should I just keep this stuff on automatic?

HenryHSH

Quote said:
DFGT peeps:

What are the default Pit Limiter and Pit Call buttons? The button layout does not seem to correspond with the Logitech Configuration program (i.e., X is not button 2 in the game). Or should I just keep this stuff on automatic?

PC version? Use custom controls and set it to whatever button you want.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Would people be up for a few races tonight? Try and get some of the new guys in to pop their cherry? :D
I will be back from work in around 7 hours from now, you playing on pc right? if you are on at that time i'll play a bit.

Top Bottom