• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

kharma45

Realised into my race that I forgot to change from my dry set up to a wet one, needless to say I found moving to slicks at the end a lot easier.

Bad shout too moving onto wet tyres, had to pit again around 5 laps later.

Orgun

Crikey, what a race! Had rain, had me knocking the cable out of my pedals, had drama, had disconnects.

My legs were actually shaking slightly afterwards, was really concentrating on getting more points than Foli to stay in the championship battle.

Kyaw

Next race is Spain!

It was a pretty shitty race for me. Got pole and fastest lap but the pits fucked me over with a wet tyre and I also pitted for a wet tyre intentionally which wasn't a good idea!

Still a shit track!

My India highlights.

Lots of good fighting with Orgun, Lucius and Crumbs in this one. I left in some extended bits to show how close we were.

I loved the overtake I did on Orgun where I went on to the grass. Felt so good.

The end of the video shows how my tyres were undrivable by the end.

Not the most exciting race, but the video doesn't really show how tense it was throughout.

Orgun

kharma45

Got my 'highlights' video up, just a pity I didn't do this last week when I actually had some real racing against Hardan/Lach.

Got a bit peeved by the game sticking me back to 10th when I qualified around 7th, tried to make up for it at the start (usually I can start pretty well and make up a few places) but I misjudged the breaking in the wet at the first corner and at the corner before the DRS zone on the first lap. Sorry to phleg for taking him out early on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcHHs73pSF8&hd=1

Almost wiped out Speech near the very end of the race too, I don't think he realised how close I was to him at the corner, managed to just get the car stopped in time. Backed out then near the end of the back straight when I had DRS incase I did it again as I could've probably made a (pointless) move on him to unlap myself.

I think we should take 40 points away from Foliorum for crashing Crumb at the beginning.

It was my only chance to beat him, and it didn't work :( My tactical guys tell me I should've rammed him in to a wall instead. I won't make that mistake next time!

Some great stuff in these videos, guys. I'm so glad more people are recording now!

James, your video was like a radio drama with those last laps kept in. Some great stuff from myself/Lucius/Crumbs/Orgun. It was really enjoyable even though you couldn't see the action.

Staab

Nice drive Orgun, was a pleasure to watch your vid.

Not gonna post my "highlights" as there were none, my qualifying was spent trying to learn the circuit and find a setup as I put in 0 practice time.
Then my wheel settings got resetted between quali and race, which meant that I couldn't drive for shit (plus I was on wet tyres as of lap 6, bad idea) as I spent half the time crashing while trying to correct the settings during my pit stops (a lot of them).

Finally managed to get my wheel back to the usual settings around lap 20 and went for options and banged in some respectable times but by then I was 3 laps behind so it was fairly pointless.
And to top it all off I got booted from Live on the last lap.

Not enjoying the game so much anymore, have 0 drive to practice and the races are painful as a result.

Lucius86

Banned

Not gonna post my "highlights" as there were none, my qualifying was spent trying to learn the circuit and find a setup as I put in 0 practice time.
Then my wheel settings got resetted between quali and race, which meant that I couldn't drive for shit (plus I was on wet tyres as of lap 6, bad idea) as I spent half the time crashing while trying to correct the settings during my pit stops (a lot of them).

Finally managed to get my wheel back to the usual settings around lap 20 and went for options and banged in some respectable times but by then I was 3 laps behind so it was fairly pointless.

Not enjoying the game so much anymore, have 0 drive to practice and the races are painful as a result.

That's the saddest post I have ever seen :-(

Don't leave us!

My vid will be up later, once I've edited it.

Mad_Ban

Was actually a bit relieved I lost connection last night. Using the dry setup for India was a bad idea because my car had no rear grip and constantly tried to come back around on me, as well as having a 10 second penalty for being crashed into at T1. :p

I haven't really had much in the way of luck this season but it has been a lot of fun.

Lucius86

Banned
Was actually a bit relieved I lost connection last night. Using the dry setup for India was a bad idea because my car had no rear grip and constantly tried to come back around on me, as well as having a 10 second penalty for being crashed into at T1. :p

I haven't really had much in the way of luck this season but it has been a lot of fun.

What's your connection? It may be worth you hosting the next race.

Mad_Ban

Nope. It's only F1 2011 that does it. :/ I've never had issues like this before.

Me hosting is probably bad because I only have a 4 meg connection. :p

I can't remember when the problems started because I had quite a decent streak of zero problems (bar the Melbourne incident).

It seems like quite a common problem. Even though you have a slow connection, there are lots of people with much better ones suffering the same problem.

That thread doesn't really have anything that can help you, though. It sounds like it's just GFWL being crap. Not sure why they'd "investigate" it when another patch isn't going to happen...

I suppose you have all the right ports open etc?

Mad_Ban

yeah I've got everything as it should be. I need to invest in a new USB adapter because i think that's the root of my problems (It's a Belkin G, but it isn't signed on Windows 7 so I have to use a hack which gives me BSOD's).

I just did a GP practice for Catalunya and I got 1:17.9 on my second lap. Never been a fan of the track so I'm not sure how that'll compare.

Lucius86

Banned
yeah I've got everything as it should be. I need to invest in a new USB adapter because i think that's the root of my problems (It's a Belkin G, but it isn't signed on Windows 7 so I have to use a hack which gives me BSOD's).

I just did a GP practice for Catalunya and I got 1:17.9 on my second lap. Never been a fan of the track so I'm not sure how that'll compare.

I went through 3 USB dongles for wireless to work with Windows 7 x64. Stupid shitty things.

I had to settle for an internal PCI-e wireless n card, which FINALLY worked. Although for races I get my 25m Cat6 cable out to host wired.

race-bannergmy0n.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

jbp0PBp2sxbTSp.png

jcEZf37xpCWyR.png

jC0pSIHF6QK6G.png

jeAdXvrwkYyXx.png

Two races left and we still have a fight for the drivers AND constructors. Top stuff. I'm taking nothing for granted.

Lach

My goal for the last two races is to catch Kharma and StopIt in the Drivers Championship (Mad_Ban is probably out of reach even If his bad luck continues).

Also I will perform some recording tests this week, so I can finally get my own race highlights out there.

@Mad_Ban
Could it be that your modem/router does some kind of connection reset every week on sat afternoon? Some ISP's do that.

Orgun

Cheers Staab, it was a lot of fun trying to get that car going in a straight line. Love racing in the rain.

Bad luck with the wheel settings man, I know what that's like!

Don't leave! If you want to get some practice in and i'm on steam just give me a shout! Almost always up for some multiplayer racing, prefer to practice that way because the cars feel different to single player.

Lucius86

Banned
Watching all the highlight vids over the last few races I have been involved in, Orgun really ought to have won them both. Your mistakes and mishaps have lost you a lot of points! Then again, so did mine at the beginning of the season...

You overtaking FV and Crumbs was like taking candy from a baby!

Orgun

Watching all the highlight vids over the last few races I have been involved in, Orgun really ought to have won them both. Your mistakes and mishaps have lost you a lot of points! Then again, so did mine at the beginning of the season...

You overtaking FV and Crumbs was like taking candy from a baby!

and it tasted...sogood.gif

FoliorumViridum: Haha
FoliorumViridum: Shaneus' post in F1 thread
FoliorumViridum: Mate we should have a grudge race
FoliorumViridum: SETTLE IT ON THE TRACK

I've put it to him. Let's see him put his money where his mouth is. Who you ask? Washed up, ex-GAF champ is who!

That game looks completely different. I didn't get F1 2010 because the game never fucking went down in price, but now I'm kind of glad I waited to get F1 2011 for super cheap. F1 2011 looks a lot smoother than that.

Top Bottom