• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

I've tweaked my setup a bit and found something very interesting.

... Which in the interest of my championship bid I shall be keeping to myself :D

The more laps I do, the more I love the track. You guys are crazy! Everything after the long straight is heaven to drive around.

Orgun

I've tweaked my setup a bit and found something very interesting.

... Which in the interest of my championship bid I shall be keeping to myself :D

The more laps I do, the more I love the track. You guys are crazy! Everything after the long straight is heaven to drive around.

hacks!

So what sort of times are you setting? I just did an offline GP practice session and was getting 1:24.155 on primes during P1.

Oh and I encountered this too :)

Mad_Ban

I've had the exact same thing happen to me later on in the corner on the outer rumble strips :/ It only seems to happen when you take it at racing speed though.

Mad_Ban

You mean here?

Cos I've had it three times there.

Nah.

Whatever the long sweeping turn after that is called. I went wide to try cut it back sharp and my car just exploded on the rumble strips.

Such a bug-free game.

EDIT: In other news if the second league of the other tracks go ahead, I demand Korea be stricken from the calendar. :p I am so shite at the track.

Lucius86

Banned
Nah.

Whatever the long sweeping turn after that is called. I went wide to try cut it back sharp and my car just exploded on the rumble strips.

Such a bug-free game.

EDIT: In other news if the second league of the other tracks go ahead, I demand Korea be stricken from the calendar. :p I am so shite at the track.

I say with these bugs India should be replaced.

By Singapore.

AcridMeat

Banned
I say with these bugs India should be replaced.

By Singapore.

I agree,

just not about Singapore. Mostly because I know I'll be one since I've already crashed out of the last two from invisible walls.

edit: Wait, we had Monza in between Monaco and Budapest right? So two out of the last three.

Lach

I really like playing the career-mode at the moment. Trying to get everything out of that slow, unstable Team Lotus car is very challenging. Will hopefully help my overall performance.

[edit] Though the AI is really bad is way too cautious in the opening lap of races.

Orgun

I really like playing the career-mode at the moment. Trying to get everything out of that slow, unstable Team Lotus car is very challenging. Will hopefully help my overall performance.

[edit] Though the AI is really bad is way too cautious in the opening lap of races.

The AI is terrible in general, even on Legendary they are far too slow and cautious throughout the entire race (Foli can attest to this, he's heard me screaming at the AI when we practiced with them on).

I gave up on single player after having the save game bug three times and losing al progress. Soo sick of melbourne now :)

race-bannergmy0n.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

As the paddock prepares itself for the first ever Indian grand prix in the NeoGAF league, many commentators were looking back at the past race in Hungary where Lucius86 picked up a second win of the season; leading some to believe he still has the spark but has left it too late in the championship. Christian Horner broke several monitors in the pit lane when the safety car was called out due to Acrid's crash, which ended the lead Lucius had gained due to a different strategy, however the defending champ managed to hold off his competitors for the remaining laps, even when rain fell on the last few laps.

The action was constant behind him, also, as the two Ferarri drivers were desperate to get past Foliorum in a bid for some vital constructor and world championship points. It was one of the closest fought battles of the season thus far, but the stallions failed to outdo the excellence of the McLaren #1.

Controversy has broke out during the practice sessions for this weekend as many drivers have claimed to be victims to "invisible barriers" on the track. Some claim they are simply bad drivers and hitting the raised kerbs, ala Massa in 2011, however some speculate this is a new "innovative" idea from the FIA, similar to their sprinkler proposal. Regardless, tensions are high and many are worried they will fall victim to it in the race tomorrow.

current-driver-standi3epnt.png

current-constructor-sluol1.png

schedulevscff.png

• Saturday February 11th, 4:30GMT
  • Qualifying will take place immediately before the race.
  • All drivers are asked to get to the paddock 10 minutes early.
  • A Steam chatroom will be open before, during and after for all drivers and groupies.
  • Please ensure you have fellow participants on Games for Windows Live, the official sponsor of the NeoGAF league.

Lucius86

Banned
You are getting good at the self-appreciation aspect in these pre-race previews - maybe you are a gaf champ in the making after all...

Has anyone hit these "invisible barriers" in an online Grand Prix? I haven't done any online racing at India, so I want to know if it's something I should be aware of.

That looks more like you hit the raised kerb at a bad angle to me. Maybe!

Also, your aspect ratio in that video is wrong. It's great to have someone else recording though! What program did you use to edit the vid? We can help you get it in the right aspect ratio probably :)

kharma45

That looks more like you hit the raised kerb at a bad angle to me. Maybe!

Also, your aspect ratio in that video is wrong. It's great to have someone else recording though! What program did you use to edit the vid? We can help you get it in the right aspect ratio probably :)

I just edited it very quickly with Windows Movie Maker as I was just wanting to show what I thought was an invisible wall, hence the poor quality of the vid and odd aspect ratio.

Fair enough :) If you go to the Project tab you can have it in 16:9 there! I always saved it for Zune HD as well, if you want it in HD. Pretty decent quality with a smaller file size!

Whether that was clipping too much of the kerb or a bit of an invisible wall, I've got a line that really avoids those two kerbs now. Not risking it!

kharma45

I was wondering why I didn't have Zune HD settings etc., and I just realised I'm using Movie Maker 2.6 which must be ancient, off to download the latest version!

Ha, yeah, that's reallllyy old.

Windows Live Movie Maker is actually surprisingly decent. Not up there with the best video editing software, but it does everything you'd want it to. I only moved on from it to do some more complex stuff.

kharma45

Hopefully I'll be able to get some reasonable footage tomorrow of the sort of racing us back markers get up to during a race :p

Still need to get my mic working on Mumble and I'll be all set! I take it everyone disables voice comms in-game for F1 2011 as we're using Mumble? I think that's where I went partly wrong last week.

Mad_Ban

What times are people getting at india now? Kinda guess my 20.9 is easily beatable? :p Especially by you FV considering your recent post :p

Holy shit, listening to music and podcasts while playing makes me so much more consistent. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because I think way too much when racing without any background noise.

kharma45

I've around 108GB left on the HDD in this PC with the most space, that should be enough room to record the race with FRAPS shouldn't it?

Any tips on how to incorporate audio from Mumble in it too?

Edit - May have to forgo using a mic, only have a desktop one and it picks up too much noise from the buttons on the controller.

Hahaha, now I remember why I never do practice races with random players. That shit was awful.

Although it gave me a decent idea of how consistent I am at the track. I was racing competitively before Lucius sent me an invite to the real race and fucked me all up.

Lucius86

Banned
I've around 108GB left on the HDD in this PC with the most space, that should be enough room to record the race with FRAPS shouldn't it?

Any tips on how to incorporate audio from Mumble in it too?

Edit - May have to forgo using a mic, only have a desktop one and it picks up too much noise from the buttons on the controller.

If you have mumble come out of the same speakers as your normal audio, it will pick up speech.

kharma45

Sorry about that there now Speech, I tried to keep out of your way on the back straight by keeping right, didn't expect you to run down that side of the track, by the time I saw you coming it was too late for me to move.

Did not practice for wet conditions, so I spun a couple of times. Then I got the wet tyre glitch and got fucked over in the end.

I need to remind myself to practice in wet conditions next time. I never do because I'm always too fucking lazy.

Top Bottom