• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

kharma45

Yeah basically just take it easy and don't try anything too rash, that's how I managed 5th in my first race at a wet Monaco. That and a bit of luck.

Oh, and look after your tires.

gragy10

Any spare spots in the gaf league these days?
Was all set for season 1 til my ssd failed and haven't really touched the game since, but am itching to get stuck into another racing league now Forza 4's gaf contingent has tailed off

kharma45

Was all set for season 1 til my ssd failed and haven't really touched the game since, but am itching to get stuck into another racing league now Forza 4's gaf contingent has tailed off

My team mate hasn't been here the last two weeks, nor have I seen him post in the thread so there could potentially be a spare space at Sauber.

There's always room though for someone if they want to join in, don't think we've ever had a full grid.

Mad_Ban

There's always room for new people in the league :)

Is Hardan still in the league? EDIT: Just saw he was on vacation until the 21st! Lucky swine!

While I'm here; Anyone up for some Turkey this evening? :p

Lucius86

Banned
The only thing I remember from that race is the pit lane.

I remember Stop It's amazing outburst from when he crashed with someone else. That was interesting.

Could be up for tonight - need to go for a run, and hope I don't have overtime to do...

Yeah there are always free spots in the league. People are on holiday etc so turn up at race time and you'll have a spot.

I'm up for practice tonight. Not done any, yet.

Lucius86

Banned
I am in a bad mood today (failed my fucking driving test!) so expect lots more shouting from me!

Sorry to hear that - but fear not - I swear I read Jensen Button failed his first time too...

Ah man, I failed mine back in January by a contentious "serious" (pulling out of a junction and leaving enough room for oncoming traffic), so I know the rage!

After seeing your on-track moves, I'm not surprised by this in the slightest.

Right lads I need to sober up a bit but tonight I'm going to do a few more laps I reckon cos I loveeee the track.

Also Kyaw should have the tables ready by tonight!

gragy10

So attempts at practising have been shafted by a really odd framerate drop.
About every 45-60 seconds i'll plunge from 50-60 down to 10, regardless of what's going on in game, whether real time or replay, DX9 or DX11.
After 10 seconds or so everything flicks back up to 50-60 fps until the next drop.
Temps seem fine, no other game seems to have an issue and this has got me completely stumped.
Game is patched up to date and rig is a GTX 580 & AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE.
Any solutions or ideas welcome..

can someone please just let me in on the secret glitch, there's obviously some setup exploit people are using in the publics, the exact same thing happened during the 11/11 thing at launch.

All I need is 4 more wins, then I have the 35 wins achievement and I never ever have to venture into the disgusting vermin riddled public sprints ever again. I'm SICK of people being faster down the straights and faster around the corners, I just have no speed and no grip no matter what setups I use compared to the other racers and Ive just fucking had enough of it. If I wasn't so close to 35 wins I wouldn't bother with but with only 4 left its so close. If I get one more unjustified penalty I fear for my own mental health, I'm so done with the online aspect of this tedious bug riddled mess, Jesus Christ almighty.

Orgun

can someone please just let me in on the secret glitch, there's obviously some setup exploit people are using in the publics, the exact same thing happened during the 11/11 thing at launch.

All I need is 4 more wins, then I have the 35 wins achievement and I never ever have to venture into the disgusting vermin riddled public sprints ever again. I'm SICK of people being faster down the straights and faster around the corners, I just have no speed and no grip no matter what setups I use compared to the other racers and Ive just fucking had enough of it. If I wasn't so close to 35 wins I wouldn't bother with but with only 4 left its so close. If I get one more unjustified penalty I fear for my own mental health, I'm so done with the online aspect of this tedious bug riddled mess, Jesus Christ almighty.

I'm so glad I don't care about achievements, sounds like they are ruining your enjoyment.

I know of no bugs or exploits that would give them that benefit, it probably is just down to better lines out of the corners / gear settings and setups.

Mad_Ban

China was a good weekend :)

Not as confident for Turkey though. Love the track but my tyres go off about 3 laps earlier than they should. It's tempting to bring out the wheel to help control it, but I can't race as hard with it.

iRBjxmUICMvRl.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

qualifying-results2mzv3.png

race-resultsnoacu.png

current-driver-standi4ol9j.png

current-constructor-sduaz0.png

Right, here's the post-race post. What issues with the last one? Dunno what you're on about. Nothing to see up there.

Also, here's a bonus video of Button ruining my practice of Turkey! Bastard.

I'm so glad I don't care about achievements, sounds like they are ruining your enjoyment.

I know of no bugs or exploits that would give them that benefit, it probably is just down to better lines out of the corners / gear settings and setups.

I've picked up another win tonight (hours of playing over and over and over), so three left. I can totally agree with you, I'm not going to bother with the online portion of the next game, random penalties, stupid exploits and even more stupid morons who play in publics have tainted the game for me, I simply.. Can't stand it now. The thought that Codies have the F1 rights for years to come pains me greatly :(

Orgun

Ugh I really need to put some practice in. Going to be too drunk to play tonight so it wil have to be Saturday just before the race! I don't even have a setup I like :(

Phleg and I had a great battle earlier.

There was a lot of great action in the DRS zone and also the pit straight! Great end to the video too... from my perspective. Sorry about the podcast being recorded, but I wasn't on Mumble so I needed some entertainment.

My personal highlight was at 10:10 when Phleg took me on the main straight and I zipped around him on to the inside and took him on T1. Felt good!

YT decided to black out my video near the end, but the picture comes back. Not sure what went wrong during the upload.

Mad_Ban

Phleg and I had a great battle earlier.

There was a lot of great action in the DRS zone and also the pit straight! Great end to the video too... from my perspective. Sorry about the podcast being recorded, but I wasn't on Mumble so I needed some entertainment.

My personal highlight was at 10:10 when Phleg took me on the main straight and I zipped around him on to the inside and took him on T1. Felt good!

YT decided to black out my video near the end, but the picture comes back. Not sure what went wrong during the upload.

Yes! Had no idea you recorded it haha.

Was a lot of fun and found it's actually harder to pass around here than I thought and make it stick. The DRS zone should see a lot of action and I'm shocked the turn 1 overtaking is so clean! Will definitely keep what you did here in mind for the race today :) I think I got a 24.8 on 5 lap old options so the setup changes I wanted have helped. :p

Edit: To Henry; I've been trying to make my passes cleaner after some "criticism" so I was giving FV as much room as I could without straight on side-swiping him. Maybe I was a bit too nice though haha.

Salacious Crumb

Yes! Had no idea you recorded it haha.

Was a lot of fun and found it's actually harder to pass around here than I thought and make it stick. The DRS zone should see a lot of action and I'm shocked the turn 1 overtaking is so clean! Will definitely keep what you did here in mind for the race today :) I think I got a 24.8 on 5 lap old options so the setup changes I wanted have helped. :p

Edit: To Henry; I've been trying to make my passes cleaner after some "criticism" so I was giving FV as much room as I could without straight on side-swiping him. Maybe I was a bit too nice though haha.

It's tough to judge how much room you should give someone thanks to the shitty net code.

race-bannerjgkh8.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

It was a wet race in China last week which ensured a lot of chaos on the grid. Just as Lotus were disrupted by a fire caused by a fridge in the F1 league, Lucius86 was stressing because his team had organised a new fridge to ensure this wouldn't happen to them. The Force India team are so unogranised that the PR woman was off giving the reserve driver a good shag, however, which meant when the fridge was delivered to the paddock as the drivers were on the grid the crowd were shocked to the ex-world champion jumping out of his car and going to sign for it. As the lights went out the lone Force India was left stationary on the grid and the marshalls had no choice but to remove it. As Lucius returned to the track to learn this, the cry of "YOU AUSSIE TWAT" were heard echoing around the circuit. Why he chose to blame the Australian nobody knows. The Stewards are investigating.

Out of the cars that got going Phleg, Kyaw and Orgun were the cars that ruled the pace. Phleg and Kyaw got away without incident, however Orgun had problems on the first few corners and span leaving him last. A blistering recovery got him up to second where he finished the race. In the paddock afterwards many drivers were questioned about Phleg's pace now that his car has reliability. Speech commented that "at least he isn't my teammate", Kharma that "he drives that car better than I do my groupies" and defending champion Foliorum Viridum just broke down in tears.

Despite many drivers not enjoying their race, there was a close battle in the middle pack. Salacious Crumbs and Foliorum had a close battle to the end, with one spin on an out lap for Foliorum securing Crumbs a superior position, whilst Speech struggled to find his speed in the wet. Kharma tried a risky pit strategy which highlights just how good he can look after his tyres, whereas newcomer Quiche got angry at spinning out on the same corner. The FIA couldn't play any of his radio messages on-air due to the explicit nature of them and when questioned about his vocabulary by Lee McKenzie his only comments were "I DON'T FUCKING KNOW THAT SAME FUCKING CORNER CUNT". The stewards are investigating claims of unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Practice has been eventful in Turkey this week and with the points being more important with every race, will this be the turning point for several drivers?

current-driver-standi4ol9j.png

current-constructor-sduaz0.png

GuessWho

are you guys playing today? what time
I wouldn't mind joining the race with you guys. I won't be an ass hat or anything, I know who the major players are and promise not pull a karthikeyan on you guys.

Top Bottom