• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

kharma45

are you guys playing today? what time
I wouldn't mind joining the race with you guys. I won't be an ass hat or anything, I know who the major players are and promise not pull a karthikeyan on you guys.

If my team mate doesn't turn up you're getting in a Sauber with me :p

Mad_Ban

Congrats to Lucius! Amazing race and like he said; never more than 3.5 seconds from each other. Grats to Crumbs too on his drive from last to second. Would have preferred to finish ahead for the championship, but it makes it more interesting going ahead. :p

Roll on.....Valencia!

Lucius86

Banned
Amazing race, easily one of the tightest races I've had. The biggest mistake I made lost me 1.5 secs - and at the end I needed every bit of consistency to beat Phleg and Crumbs.

Awesome racing. Shame my machine didn't record :(

kharma45

Uploading my highlights now, Quiche, GuessWho and I had some good scraps during it :)

Did better than I expected if I'm honest, was a bit more consistent than usual by using the wheel and was managing my tires better towards the end. Pleased to have stuck in a quick time near the end too.

Kharma is banned from the league. Dangerous driving.

My highlights are done, I'll upload them tonight. Getting put to the back wasn't what I expected, but I had a lot of fun battling my way through the pack. Wish I had a few more laps to catch Speech though! Was taking 2 seconds a lap off our gap at the end.

kharma45

Yeah I forgot I almost took you out when I was coming back on to the track until I was going through my highlights, sorry about that!

Speech

Just finished editing my 1st highlights package. Tried to keep it short, but there was just too much action!

Had some good battles with Staab, Orgun and FV. Was pleased with the result overall.

Crumbs, I'm getting my pre-drink on:

img00443-20120331-193afzm4.jpg

Aussies make shit wine. It's not very nice. Still going to down it, though!

My highlights are uploading now. If I can type a sentence when I get home I'll post them, or tomorrow morning. Looking forward to watching everybody elses! I would watch yours now but it'd take a year to load with my upload going.

Mad_Ban

Brilliant race today, maybe one of my favourites.

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyO0UuEfxM4

Some of my moves were a bit ambitious, but no one was spun in the process.

I honestly forgot we had some brilliant racing today! I was so focused on catching Lucius and keeping the time up against you at the end that I kinda zoned out haha. It was really good racing against you and I love the move at the end of the straight where we leave each other zero room but still make the corner.

Mad_Ban

Really good vids all around :)

Had a few laps around Valencia and managed a 1:35.6. I think the back section is going to have a few incidents because it's all flat out and any mistake is killer there.

paskowitz

Just thought people should know:

Community test for ClubSport Wheel: Round 2

We finally get the ball rolling and start ROUND 2 of the community test of our new ClubSport Wheel Base and the Formula and BMW GT2 rims.

Sean Cebron, or better known as Sonac of f-wheel.com, will take over the handling for all these tests and will notify the appointed community test managers today.

Here you find a list of all CTMs and the communities they are handling. As soon as Sean receives the link of the forum where to put your application to be selected in the polls will also be listed here.

CTM:
Forum:
Link:

We have selected plenty of forums so you should see a lot of unbiased and independent reviews coming up for the CSW. The wheels for the testers are already produced and on the way to our warehouses so testing can start very soon.

Jibbed

I've heard a lot of good and bad things about this game... is it worth picking up? I've already got 2010, but I'm still not sure whether to go for this one or wait for 2012.

Brilliant race today, maybe one of my favourites.

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyO0UuEfxM4

Some of my moves were a bit ambitious, but no one was spun in the process.

Haha your view of Kharma smacking me! Loved your double overtake on the back straight

Ha, me taking off my headset and chucking it down sounds so violent! Really good to see your scraps! You had a really eventful race. If only I had a few more laps ya bastard!

Your move on me wasn't that aggressive to be fair. I pulled a similar-ish move on Orgun at the next corner in the race, you were just unlucky I turn in so tight for that corner. You were really unlucky to get wiped out on the first lap because you could have finished higher after that start!

That overtake at 4:50 was my favourite of the race. I'm glad it was clean from your POV too!

Man, I am hungover as fuck as this is the best cure. Great vids all round - everyone had a close race.

Here's my vid.

I had a terrible first lap and had to pit three times instead of two, so I'm really pleased that I ended up in fifth and ahead of Orgun. Some great scraps as I was coming up through the pack.

FRAPS keeps going out of sync with the audio. It's not how I render the videos - the actual FRAPS files are like that. Dunno why. :\

Staab

Haha FV, dat take down from bodonkidonkkk was straight out of a hit-man movie, surreal !
How much did you pay him ??!

ps: sorry I cut you off, twice, didn't see you there :p
PSS: DAT CORNER CUTTING, wru penalty!

GuessWho

lol, just saw the replay. sorry about that staab.
I tried to go wide cuz of the blue flag, but rear tire hit the grass and spun out.

8:20 in my vid.

Wasn't your fault, just a racing incident!

Edit: Does anyone have a screencap/video of the quali results? I was an idiot and deleted the vids I had!

You were spoiled by China and Turkey. So many run-off areas! There's a few here but most of the time if you lose it you're going to lose a wing, get a puncture or just have your car explode.

It's a cracking track to drive though. I was only being a cock in my last post - odds are all of us are going to end up in the wall. When you're racing someone it's so easy to push just that little bit too hard and here it will cost us.

Lucius86

Banned
You were spoiled by China and Turkey. So many run-off areas! There's a few here but most of the time if you lose it you're going to lose a wing, get a puncture or just have your car explode.

It's a cracking track to drive though. I was only being a cock in my last post - odds are all of us are going to end up in the wall. When you're racing someone it's so easy to push just that little bit too hard and here it will cost us.

Good. It's about time we didn't have a pussy track.

Lucius86

Banned
Also (and I don't care about double-posting) - I hope Codies have another press event in London showing off F1 2012. I really enjoyed their last one.

Lucius86

Banned
Yeah that's looking increasingly likely :p Me and street circuits don't get on so well.

Was happy I had speed with the wheel, but as soon as my tyres went off I had zero grip. Will need to try and nick a good setup in the mean-time. :p

That seems to be your one main weakness - on dying tyres, you really do struggle.

I think you should switch to the wheel, Phleg. You honestly will get better after a few weeks.

... which is a scary thought.

I'm going to be playing again a bit later if anyone fancies a race. I had a lot of fun last night!

I have to practice so I am in! Don't let me down again Foli like last week! I will be a hazard on this track although I assumed you all had guessed that haha

Mad_Ban

I think you should switch to the wheel, Phleg. You honestly will get better after a few weeks.

... which is a scary thought.

I'm going to be playing again a bit later if anyone fancies a race. I had a lot of fun last night!

I suppose it is for the best, and it's a good thing we have practice so hopefully I can switch without it affecting the league.

I'm game for practice tonight too :) I wish I could hop on mumble but I need my 360 pad for that :/ (doesnt detect my other mic)

Top Bottom