• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

kharma45

I'm back!! Guys!! Guys!! I'm back!!

And I'm pumped to reenter the league! Was able to watch some of the highlights videos. Great stuff.

Will reinstall the game today or tomorrow to finally get rid of that stupid bug where everything on the track is made of indestructable concrete for me.

Now I'm waiting for the inevitable crash I'm going to have soon. I've been awake for 40+ and need to go on till evening to prevent jetlag. Right now I'm wide awake but tiredness will probably set in soon!

About time you got your ass back in this thread :D I hope for more epic battles with me crashing out :p

Lach

Mark%20Webber%20wins%20the%202010%20Hungarian%20GP.jpg

Haha. My current state exactly! Plus I only just remembered again that I'm Number 2 at Red Bull this season!

Mad_Ban

Replace Singapore with Abu Dhabi and I can agree with that :p

Anyone up for a race or two tonight? I'm in the mood after being up at 7am for GP!

kharma45

I'll probably come on in a bit for a few spins round, should have my dinner in me by then.

I know I'm not racing this weekend again but wouldn't mind a blast around Germany as it's a fun track.

Staab

Gah, had no time to upload my highlights from the race in Valencia since I left for vacation.
And did not make it back in time for Silverstone.

Nevertheless since I cause a SC, I recorded some TV style footage for the European race, which makes for some quite interesting PoVs :

Will post the highlights in an hour !

My God. I am so. Fucking stupid.

I completely forgot there was a race. I was on Xbox around 11:00 (which would be around 4 in your time), and no one was coming on so I wasn't reminded of it. So I guess it was started later than usual, since typically people are at least practicing around 11 when I get on.

Then I got off Xbox a few minutes later.

Then I get on today and notice I have a message. And it's from Foliorum about something about Crysis on consoles (I GOT IT BEFORE I GOT MY GAMING PC, DON'T JUDGE ME), and I was like....FUCK. And now I just remembered what I was forgetting the whole weekend.

Shit balls. DAMMIT. BALLSACKS.

Super jealous. Hopefully this summer it will be mine. Being 26 and broke and still having to wait for birthdays to have nice things sucks. Thanks, economy.

He wouldn't be sending me that if I was recording your laughs on Mumble!

Man, I want more Germany practice tonight. A lot of fun... even without the ramp shenanigans.

I swear to God on every last lap of our practice races this week I'm going to use it. The first time I end a race properly will be on Saturday.

... probably ...

You should just include it as part of the final lap. If you can't clear a simple ramp without wrecking and finish a GP you don't deserve points. Webber does this kind of stuff in his sleep.

Scumbag Co-Op partner rammed me going into turn one in China, then outright mugged/spun me out in turn 4 on the first lap. He got so many ramming penalties he didn't finish in the points. I have a Massa on my hands.

Mad_Ban

I'll be up for that so it drags me away from 3d modelling.

I did a GP weekend just now and started on primes, and the recommended strategy was... pit on lap 9 for options, then lap 15 for more primes, then on 25 for options again. I really don't think that's gonna work :p

Also, I've started editing the vid for our second league and christ we've had some good moments. I would say the first was better due to the tracks, but still plenty of highlights!

Mad_Ban

I'd say this league has been a lot more intense than the last one, even though it's not been as fun overall. In the last league there were 4 or 5 people able to fight for the win each weekend. Now it just seems that in the dry it's me, Lucius and Crumbs, with the wet shaking everything up.

Top Bottom