• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I guess I should be straight up about something: I know jack shit about any of this. All I know of F1 was a demo of Flag to Flag on Dreamcast and a handful of bonus cars on other racing games. Yet, over the years I have realized two things:

1) The purity of racing is enough for me. No need for gimmicks.
2) Rally and F1 are what will get 80% of my attention.

I love high performance control. When a game brutally puts everything in your hands, it's so good. Whether it's Super Meat Boy for platformers, Virtua Fighter for fighters, or something like this for racing. I like the feeling of it all being in my hands and clearly knowing how it was my fault if I lost.

I'll probably really suck for a while as I adjust to no-drift racing, but I should be up to par before 2012 comes out.

kharma45

Is it worth it getting a wheel (looking at the G27)? Reading through this thread it seems like anyone who has switched to one from the controller goes slower and hates it.

It takes a while to get used to it (and you do go a lot slower during that time) but after you master it you're all the better for it.

Practice highlights.

Good fun. Sorry I span you Phleg, didn't see you there, boyo. You were an aggressive cunt later on so it's all good <3

Loved the ending.

Lucius86

Banned
Video currently uploading - although it was really fun, I was utter SHITE today. Should have finished P2 at least on pace, but my mistakes cost me - from poor tyre choices, to out-braking myself and hitting my team mate on the first corner. The SC brought me back into play but I still fucked up royally on the restart before I ran out of fuel.

Roll on Silverstone.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wait... I might not have to save any money since my birthday is in september...

Mad_Ban

Had a pretty dreadful weekend. I wasn't quick enough in the dry, I had no grip or feeling in the wet and when I did feel like I was doing well, I was 3 seconds a lap slower than the frontrunners. I was lucky as hell to get 4th at the end.

I hope it's business back to normal at Silverstone but I've always hated it so I think it's another weekend of Crumbs domination (especially after how quick he was in the mini-league).

Nice videos though guys, so it's not all doom and gloom. :p

Lucius86

Banned

I didn't think I would, but after watching it I really enjoyed that. I was up in the first 2 sectors on my second flying lap (by half a tenth admittedly) but lost the rear during the last section and lost 6 tenths as I had to correct the car. Bloody good lap that was. I kinda wish the race was dry as me, you and Phleg were realistically only a few tenths away from each other - again.

I really ought to record quali too.

No assists in the wet vs. professional/legend AI can go to hell.

Yeah, it takes time. Try it in the dry first, master the dry, then hit the wet.

Played without assists... did... poorly...

So many gear changes...

Whack on auto-gears, that's allowed as for controllers it's a nightmare without it!

Mad_Ban

Heh... looks like I'm sticking with the wheel. Went back to the pad in a rage yesterday and it felt so alien. I'm sure sticking with the wheel will pay off.

It's a shame wet races kill the excitement (Valencia is a track meant to be raced in the dry) but I guess it's unrealistic if we only had dry races.

Orgun

Heh... looks like I'm sticking with the wheel. Went back to the pad in a rage yesterday and it felt so alien. I'm sure sticking with the wheel will pay off.

It's a shame wet races kill the excitement (Valencia is a track meant to be raced in the dry) but I guess it's unrealistic if we only had dry races.

Kill the excitement? Were we in the same race? :)

Lucius86

Banned
Kill the excitement? Were we in the same race? :)

Heh, I thought the same, but I think it's because, for our selfish selves, the potential for me, crumbs and phleg going hammer and tongs in the dry at the front was there, but we both blew it race day with me driving like a tool and phleg not coping with the wheel in the wet.

Even though it was shite for me, it was a VERY exciting race still. I really wish I didn't run out of fuel on the final lap just because it went when you and I were wheel to wheel on the final lap. Robbed!

Lucius86

Banned
So what's the next circuit? Too lazy to look...but I am guessing Silverstone?

Might struggle there, never been great at that circuit.

race-bannern0j29.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

qualifying-resultsrzyx9.png

race-resultsndxto.png

current-driver-standixpzxz.png

current-constructor-s58zkj.png

James, none of our screenshots captured your quali time. Sorry about that!

Although Crumbs is quite ahead at the moment, 25 points for a win means this is still open to several people.

None that I saw you slut! Cheers. Kyaw can edit it later :)

Also, I'm lacking motivation to practice Silverstone. I don't care what people say, it's a shit track.

Mad_Ban

I'd forgotten how crap Silverstone is until I gave it a try just now :/ The DRS zone is an absolute joke and has to be the worst place for it!

I have a busy few days ahead because one of my best friends is going back to uni and I want to spend time with her, so I'll be practicing at like 1am tonight maybe and then on Saturday morning, haha.

I'm going to suckkk this Saturday.

Top Bottom