• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2013 |OT| The last one with Webber in it

Burai

shitonmychest57
Can we race the new cars on the classic tracks or is there some licensing bullshit that stops that from happening?

NHale

You know the game is going to be terrible when even the typical hyperbolic Codemasters PR didn't even had the guts to do it this year. They basically spent all their effort marketing the historical cars, half of those you don't get unless you buy a special edition or DLC.

So half of the only significant improvements are locked behind a paygate. Hilarious.

If Madden or NBA series did something like this, the press would absolutely crushed them but because it's F1 and most of them don't understand how the sport works, the reviews are just their typical lovefest of Codemasters games and PR bulletpoints copy-pasted to reviews.

IGN 9.0: The best F1 simulation ever. (but the car brakes like a Fiat Punto and understeers like a lawnmower). Can't wait.

PS - If any Codemasters PR is reading this, I can change my post to something positive if they can send me a copy of the game, a scarf and a mug of F1 2013. Please PM.

Shaneus

You know the game is going to be terrible when even the typical hyperbolic Codemasters PR didn't even had the guts to do it this year. They basically spent all their effort marketing the historical cars, half of those you don't get unless you buy a special edition or DLC.

So half of the only significant improvements are locked behind a paygate. Hilarious.

If Madden or NBA series did something like this, the press would absolutely crushed them but because it's F1 and most of them don't understand how the sport works, the reviews are just their typical lovefest of Codemasters games and PR bulletpoints copy-pasted to reviews.

IGN 9.0: The best F1 simulation ever. (but the car brakes like a Fiat Punto and understeers like a lawnmower). Can't wait.

PS - If any Codemasters PR is reading this, I can change my post to something positive if they can send me a copy of the game, a scarf and a mug of F1 2013. Please PM.
But only the "classic" version, yes?

PS. Totes quoted you, now they'll have to give ME a copy of it as well!
Edit: Yeah, I'm really surprised that I'm yet to hear basically anything about the game other than the "classic" stuff (that isn't even in the main game anyway). I don't even think I'd bother buying this game for cheap on a Russian CD-key website, that's how much I don't want this game.

Addnan

:(

AkLmLk0.png

Anybody want F1 2012 on Steam?

Staab

You guys are all sheep :(
They keep serving you a big pile of shit with different toppings every year and you're like : OOOOOOH CAKE !!!!

All they did year over year is make things worse and have shown 0 signs of stopping.
Do not buy this.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Still hate F1 2012 enough to not want to buy this at launch, something I haven't missed since F1 came back to PC with this current series.

Will wait to see if the game isn't a horrendous buggy mess online before even thinking of buying. My steering wheel is idle until then.

Can we race the new cars on the classic tracks or is there some licensing bullshit that stops that from happening?
I would like confirmation on this too, before I buy. I'll go with the Classic edition if I can use the new cars on the classic tracks, if not, just standard.

Any word on a preload? The others had one, right?

Absurd that I had to finish the first day of the Young Driver's courses to get into the graphics menu to turn on vsync and turn up the graphical settings.

But thanks again Addnan!

Shaneus

Holy shit, I've just worked it out. The "2013" in F1 2013 is how many patches it takes after the game is launched to consider it finished/bug-free.

TJP

I actually did buy the PC version of 2012 (as well as 2011 and the 360 version of 2010).
If you bought the 2012 version then you must have known what I was talking about 8) We were the QA department for Codemasters and I expect F1 2013 to be the same bug riddled shite.

Sounds like you guys may have enjoyed some Project Cars.
Many of us posting in here are pCARS investors; I am a senior and it is progressing nicely. Assetto Corsa Tech Preview looks great and handles rather sublimely and I'm looking forward to the various Formula One (or Formula Reiza) cars in Game Stock Car 2013.

Certinty

Looks like some reviews just came out. Seen a few and all were around the 8 mark. On my phone so sadly can't link to any.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Still got shit replays I see. Probably pick it up to see if it's improved over the previous titles.

I used to love Codemasters racing titles but the F1 series has been piss poor.

Risgroo

i only have 2011, how was the handling changed in 2012? (i don't have a wheel)

Understeer, understeer aaaand understeer. Also longer braking distances and it was impossible to make the rear step out. Some of that looks to be fixed in 2013, so I'm looking forward to it.

Btw, would anyone be interested in doing a race on Sunday(PC)? Even 2012 was fun online when it worked.

Addnan

Understeer, understeer aaaand understeer. Also longer braking distances and it was impossible to make the rear step out. Some of that looks to be fixed in 2013, so I'm looking forward to it.

Btw, would anyone be interested in doing a race on Sunday(PC)? Even 2012 was fun online when it worked.
Sure, but it would have to be after Korea or enough time before it.

As many times as you want. However, if you save a race you can't do anything else. You have to finish that one race, or exit it or whatever.

i kno u haven't played online, but have u checked out the local MP options? can you race a season? IIRC you couldn't do qualifying in split screen in 2011, it just threw you on the grid randomly.

i kno u haven't played online, but have u checked out the local MP options? can you race a season? IIRC you couldn't do qualifying in split screen in 2011, it just threw you on the grid randomly.
Haven't checked split-screen. Only have one controller so I don't think I could do it anyway. Not the most prepared sorry.

Manp

http://polpix.sueddeutsche.com/bild/1.1141431.1355570910/860x860/sebastian-vettel-monza-pole.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][URL="http://i.imgur.com/4W0k85l.jpg"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4W0k85l.jpg[/URL]

mad photoshop skills right there

Addnan

PC version will still be the version to buy. Even with how broke arse 2012 was, I would take 60fps F1 game over sub 30 any day. Console version probably just got less patches because you can't do instant patches like with Steam.

GRID 2 was a really good port, hoping for more.

NHale

Pls Bernie, take the license from them.

Pls.

3 years ago I would never thought that 3 years later I would agree with this.

I still remember getting F1 2010 and playing it non-stop. It wasn't perfect but it felt like a solid foundation that they had to build upon. F1 2011 felt like 2 steps forward, 2 steps behind. F1 2012 was just running the marathon backwards.

And to add salt to the wound. Codemasters getting F1 license was the final nail in the coffin for Bizarre Creations. They were acquired by Activision to develop a F1 game + Blur. Dammit.

Shaneus

And to add salt to the wound. Codemasters getting F1 license was the final nail in the coffin for Bizarre Creations. They were acquired by Activision to develop a F1 game + Blur. Dammit.
Still hurts. Can you imagine if they got that license? We'd have an F1 game from the guys who did the original PS1 games, Blur, probably Blur 2 and more Geo Wars. Fuckers.

TJP

Still hurts. Can you imagine if they got that license? We'd have an F1 game from the guys who did the original PS1 games, Blur, probably Blur 2 and more Geo Wars. Fuckers.
I was in a good mood until I read these last two posts...

Top Bottom