• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2013 |OT| The last one with Webber in it

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So half of the drivers of those 80s cars (and probably the others, too) are just random? Why would they do that? Talking about Schumacher in an 80s Ferrari oder Häkkinen in a Lotus.

dalin80

Banned
I only purchased f1 2011 so I could crash into vettel like he was a virtual stress toy anyway.

Give me a TOCA 1 remake codemasters but you can forget about me rushing into another F1 game while memories of 2012 remain.

Jibbed

Sounds like F1 2013 is 2012 with some features removed. Wonderful.

Not even sure if I can be bothered now, the classic stuff isn't nearly as fleshed out as it should be.

Anyone got word on the handling?

Shaneus

And Codemasters could have spent the money on the only thing they're good at, Toca.
Yeah. They're doing pretty good with that right now:
07vjKF8.jpg

So half of the drivers of those 80s cars (and probably the others, too) are just random? Why would they do that? Talking about Schumacher in an 80s Ferrari oder Häkkinen in a Lotus.
Reminds me of that footage we saw of Kurt Cobain singing Public Enemy songs in Guitar Hero.

Not even sure if I can be bothered now, the classic stuff isn't nearly as fleshed out as it should be.

What were you expecting? 2012 was like 2011 with features removed.

What features are you talking about specifically this time?

Jibbed

Yeah. They're doing pretty good with that right now:
07vjKF8.jpg

Reminds me of that footage we saw of Kurt Cobain singing Public Enemy songs in Guitar Hero.

What were you expecting? 2012 was like 2011 with features removed.

What features are you talking about specifically this time?

A few of the reviews mention press conferences, the driver's trailer thing etc all being cut.

GRID 2 was absolutely terrible. I remember initially being like "shit this is awesome" then quickly realising it didn't even compare to the first.

kharma45

hahah Christ. What else have they taken out now?

NHale

I like how the handling of classic cars according to Codemasters is making them handle like they are made of paper. Only watched a couple of videos and I can almost feel that SHIFT/SHIFT 2 type of handling being used here.

And then the streamers saying "it's so authentic. These cars are beasts, I can't make a single turn. So authentic! This is the life."

hahah Christ. What else have they taken out now?

Cars don't have sidepods. They are useless and the F1 license don't allow them to use them in game.

NHale

Heard 2012 was shit. Bought it on steam sale. Loved it.

Will probably pick this one up.

F1 2012 was actually the best game in the Codemasters F1 series....if you play with a controller. That's at least from my experience.

However with a racing wheel it's by far the worst game and borderline unplayable.

Mohonky

F1 2012 was actually the best game in the Codemasters F1 series....if you play with a controller. That's at least from my experience.

However with a racing wheel it's by far the worst game and borderline unplayable.
Maybe thats why, i only use 360 wireless controller for all pc games.

Risgroo

A few of the reviews mention press conferences, the driver's trailer thing etc all being cut.

Don't think any of that was in 2012 either, though I may be wrong.

Feels so weird to be excited about this game :/ I think it looks good.

VVV Mars VG

Yep. It can't be Microsoft because that's only road cars. And DriveClub and GT6 will have them too. But F1 cars...

What makes you think FM5 doesn't include McLaren F1 cars? Expect to see James Hunts 1976 F1 winning car very soon.

Simeraceway's agreement is PC only and Senna's rights are tied up by Rezia.

I'm sure 2014 will open things up and we'll see changes in the future.

The PC only deal for Simraceway must be true then?

That official Senna game won't feature any McLaren car and Turn 10 have the McLaren M23 and more?

Polyphony have McLaren MP4/4, MP4/5B, MP4/7, MP4-12 and MP4-13 models in their car modelling department.

I think Codemasters said the MP4/4 wouldn't be in the classic mode because another developer has it exclusively.

The PC only deal for Simraceway must be true then?

That official Senna game won't feature any McLaren car and Turn 10 have the McLaren M23 and more?

Reiza's Senna sim is in stasis because of licensing issues. McLaren presumably being one of them. When the license frees up, providing it doesn't go exclusive again, I think we'll see some movement on the Senna sim.

Polyphony have McLaren MP4/4, MP4/5B, MP4/7, MP4-12 and MP4-13 models in their car modelling department.

I think Codemasters said the MP4/4 wouldn't be in the classic mode because another developer has it exclusively.

F1 2013 is a PC game too ya' know :) Perhaps they should have forked the PC version.

After the total failuer that F1 2012 was, I'm not sure about buying 2013. I want it to be a good game as 2010 was, but I don't trust Codemasters anymore. It completely ruined our 2012 League.

Shaneus

Pre load is up on steam, pretty average 5.4GB.
It detects if you have F1 2012 installed already or not. The 5.4GB contains an XML file with the roster updates, some new sponsor textures and a pointer to F1_2012.exe.

People who haven't purchased F1 2012 before (lucky bastards) have to download even more.

itsgreen

I remain with my official stance: no next gen = no buy.

8 weeks til my PS4 comes in and I'm not going to invest anymore in my 360 library.

I remain with my official stance: no next gen = no buy.

8 weeks til my PS4 comes in and I'm not going to invest anymore in my 360 library.

meet the PC my friend: the only gaming system where 'gen' doesn't mean jack, and your purchases don't rely on old machinery.

it'll be kind of funny when i'm in my 80s and can flip through 15 various versions of F1/etc playing whatever era i feel nostalgic for :p

2012 for $8

www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1nlepi/gamefly_75_off_f1_2012_get_fuel_for_free_steam/

i'm gonna try the demo and see if i like the controller handling better than 2011...unfortunately it seems the split screen is only one off races in 2012 which is bs, but i do want one on steam and it's the only one i've seen so cheap...i'd love to hear anybody's impressions about 2013's splitscreen...if it lets you do championships again like 2011 i'd be down for it but i'm assuming codemasters probably just went back in time more so i'll probably be fine with 2012 i guess, already have 11 on xbox

edit: trying the 2012 demo and holy hell this screen tearing is unbearable...does the final release have this crap, or what? i can't imagine it does, i see a line anytime the camera moves o_O

Risgroo

trying the 2012 demo and holy hell this screen tearing is unbearable...does the final release have this crap, or what? i can't imagine it does, i see a line anytime the camera moves o_O

Never saw any tearing in the full game, it's a real looker actually.

Shaneus

From memory, puncture in the second tute is deliberate. Can't remember why, I think it was to teach you how to rewind (yes, they ENCOURAGE the rewind feature. Should be the other way around).

I had a 100% race in Melbourne to kick off F1 2013. It's fun. I didn't play too much of 2012, because I didn't like the handling, but to me, 2013 feels more like the 2011 handling (which I did like).

I'm not that good, but I am passionate about F1, so I try to get into the whole spirit of it. Long weekend, do the outlaps etc. I went with Toro Rosso, I made it into Q2 but couldn't improve beyond 16th. Off the grid, the AI were (thankfully) a lot better than last years game. I held position through the first two turns. On the run down to the third, there was contact ahead of me, I took advantage of it and catapulted up to 12th. I settled in there for a while, eventually Vergne was on my tail. We had about 5 laps of fighting, I managed to stay ahead until my pit window opened. I got rid of my options and went onto the primes, Vergne stayed out. The following laps were uneventful, I was gaining on the cars ahead slowly. Cut down a 5 second advantage. Vergne pitted and came out on options behind me. He was a man possessed, he caught up to me very quickly, then it was the four of us covered by a couple of seconds.

The pressure got to be too much for me. I went too deep on a corner, putting a tyre in the gravel which allowed Vergne an easy pass. The next pit stop came, I had to run in fuel conservation mode, as I had been pushing too hard. My times were quite poor and I made a few more errors. I ended up finishing in 18th. Not the result the team was looking for, however, I had a lot of fun.

The AI did barge into me a couple of times,even though I left them plenty of room, which was a bit of a bummer. I do like how lively the race feels now, compared to the previous games (at least 2010/2011). There were plenty of incidents and a retirement for Van Der Garde.

I'm going to get stuck into Malaysia soon.

*A random note; one of the Young Driver's Tests took me an age to complete. It requires you to hit a certain speed then brake within a red zone. No matter how well I exited the corner, I couldn't hit the speed required and slow done for the zone. I ended up crashing into a pillar next to the zone, which brought me to a halt and allowed me to complete it. lol.

Mogwai

Can anyone say whether CM removed the artificial wheel noise from F1 2013?

They added it in 2012 to let players know "when" the car was on the border of losing grip. So much for realism...

Shaneus

I had a 100% race in Melbourne to kick off F1 2013. It's fun. I didn't play too much of 2012, because I didn't like the handling, but to me, 2013 feels more like the 2011 handling (which I did like).

I'm not that good, but I am passionate about F1, so I try to get into the whole spirit of it. Long weekend, do the outlaps etc. I went with Toro Rosso, I made it into Q2 but couldn't improve beyond 16th. Off the grid, the AI were (thankfully) a lot better than last years game. I held position through the first two turns. On the run down to the third, there was contact ahead of me, I took advantage of it and catapulted up to 12th. I settled in there for a while, eventually Verne was on my tail. We had about 5 laps of fighting, I managed to stay ahead until my pit window opened. I got rid of my options and went onto the primes, Verne stayed out. The following laps were uneventful, I was gaining on the cars ahead slowly. Cut down a 5 second advantage. Verne pitted and came out on options behind me. He was a man possessed, he caught up to me very quickly, then it was the four of us covered by a couple of seconds.

The pressure got to be too much for me. I went too deep on a corner, putting a tyre in the gravel which allowed Verne an easy pass. The next pit stop came, I had to run in fuel conservation mode, as I had been pushing too hard. My times were quite poor and I made a few more errors. I ended up finishing in 18th. Not the result the team was looking for, however, I had a lot of fun.

The AI did barge into me a couple of times,even though I left them plenty of room, which was a bit of a bummer. I do like how lively the race feels now, compared to the previous games (at least 2010/2011). There were plenty of incidents and a retirement for Van Der Garde.

I'm going to get stuck into Malaysia soon.

*A random note; one of the Young Driver's Tests took me an age to complete. It requires you to hit a certain speed then brake within a red zone. No matter how well I exited the corner, I couldn't hit the speed required and slow done for the zone. I ended up crashing into a pillar next to the zone, which brought me to a halt and allowed me to complete it. lol.
You drove as Danny Ricky. I like you.

mr_toa

It detects if you have F1 2012 installed already or not. The 5.4GB contains an XML file with the roster updates, some new sponsor textures and a pointer to F1_2012.exe.

People who haven't purchased F1 2012 before (lucky bastards) have to download even more.

Ouch :)

Shaneus

Next year. Making games on new systems would actually require some effort from Codemasters.
You know the game will require online, just so they can use Gaikai or whatever to host the PS3 version of 2014 for PS4 users to play on their new console.

You drove as Danny Ricky. I like you.
Well, with Webber going, he's the next Aussie in line. He's also a likeable fellow, that helps too.

Oh, I missed the 'g' in Vergne's name every time I mentioned it in that post. Oops.
Is there an option to skip the young driver test? Or is it mandatory?
It detects whether you have played F1 2012 and if so, skips the first day. I'm not sure whether you can skip the second, I just completed it for completion sake.

As for my Malaysia race, the AI were too cautious around the first two corners. I made it up to fourth. After that, they had good pace and began to overtake me. Button retired with what I assume was engine failure, as he slowed ahead of me and pulled to the side of the track. It was cool. Finished 15th this time, I've still got a lot of improving to do. There was one blemish for the race and that was a ridiculous penalty I was given. I know it's a complex thing to handle, but damn, Vergne drove right into me... I was on old tyres and missed the apex (by a fair way), however, I can't see how I am possibly at fault when he makes a beeline straight for me. Here's a video of the incident, lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwbXITPn-ro&feature=youtu.be

I still don't really see a reason to leave F1 2011 behind, think that I still prefer to play that and some 2010 then these newer titles.

Shaneus

Don't forget Game Stock Car 2013, which basically has F1s in it anyway (if you're on PC).

I still have F1 CE for PS3 I need to try. Bought it recently, yet to play it.

Top Bottom