• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable No Fairy Tale in Europe (w/sales #'s)

http://biz.gamedaily.com/articles.asp?section=news&email=&article_id=8110#8110

Amazingly, Chart-Track does product numbers on a weekly basis, not that we get to see them, so these are the first true sales numbers for the game.

Anybody with real Chart-Track access wanna tell us how this stands up to big PS2/PC/GCN releases? :D

Microsoft Game Studios today reported that its Xbox RPG Fable has become the fastest-selling Xbox title ever in Europe, according to independent research groups Chart-Track and GfK.

Fable achieved similar success in North America where it had record-breaking launches at various retailers. Now in Europe, the title sold through more than 30,000 units in the U.K., claiming the number two spot in the all-formats chart and number one in the all-time first week sales ranking for Xbox, and in France, the RPG sold through more than 18,000 units.

Michel Cassius, Senior Director, Xbox Platform and Marketing, stated, "The success of 'Fable' is a tribute to the vision of Peter Molyneux and Lionhead and to the fantastic open-ended and accessible gameplay experience that 'Fable' offers. The choices the gamer makes during the course of the adventure creates a completely different experience each time the game is played, offering outstanding replay value and widening the appeal while satisfying the core gamer audience. This title is a great example of how the Xbox portfolio is broadening, encompassing titles for the committed gamer as well as more casual gamers."

jedimike

Casual gamers really like the game... hell, I really like the game. The backlash is only happening with some die hard fans who have been following the game since day one.

It's a very good game and is well deserving of the sales.

belgurdo

Banned
jedimike said:
Casual gamers really like the game... hell, I really like the game. The backlash is only happening with some die hard fans who have been following the game since day one.

And those of us that didn't follow the hype at all but were expecting GTA with swords and not a 3D Shadow Over Mystara with no challenge

belgurdo

Banned
m0dus said:
"When it comes to stupid whiny generalizations there is no power greater than I"

truer words have never been spoken :)

Yeah, because I didn't go to Target three weeks ago, bought the game, did everything in it in three days, then was extremely disappointed that there was nothing else to do with it afterwards. I made it all up solely to make you mad and to troll.

Admittedly, though, I did like the combat. Very smooth, and magic was easy to use. But the rest of the game honestly felt empty to me.

COCKLES

being watched
I give it a 7.5. Good enjoyable game. Perfect length for me. 12 hours to complete and I still have some missions and stuff to back to.

bunkum

sonycowboy said:
Anybody with real Chart-Track access wanna tell us how this stands up to big PS2/PC/GCN releases? :D

I have some week 39 release data, so same time frame just a couple of week earlier.

PS2

Star Wars Battlefront 26k
Tiger Woods 2005 26k

xbox

Star Wars Battlefront 22k
Tiger Woods 2005 9k

GCN

Animal Crossing 4.5k

To be fair 30k one week xbox is good for UK, Burnout 3 after 3 weeks 64.5k on xbox and that is seen as a big seller, as a comparison PS2 version sold 115.5k over the same time frame.

IAW Belgurdo. The game did offer a lot of new experiences for an RPG, but all the gameplay elements weren't tied together very well, and there could have been a lot more optional sidequests. Also load times were hellish.

Prine

Banned
Great Wasabi Man said:
IT was a a short fun trip for a great rental....not much else. Kinda makes me question some reviews like GI

*runs*

who's that in your avatar ?

/drools

oh yeah, Fable. Good sales

Top Bottom