• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fairy Fencer F |OT| - ** The First Galapagos RPG Comes West! **

Imouto

Banned
Tales is steadily improving too. It was probably too late down the line for Xillia 2, but Symphonia Collection had it. Hearts is JP audio only, and Zestiria could be dual audio too. At this point the only real naysayer nowadays is Atlus, even Square Enix offers it, out of our own pockets but at least they do!

I don't know why Atlus being hardass about it. If it's the licensing problem of voice using, then just follow SE and charge for it. I'll be happy to pay for another option.

This game looks good, but I'll probably only get it after Ar noSurge. Games I need to finish keep increasing.

SerTapTap

omigwad I want it it's so fluffy
BxnLRbUIEAA5lFW.png

Is this game an action RPG or turn-based RPG?

Turn based but with a Quest 64-ish system of moving around the battlefield on your turn and aiming AOE spells based on real position of enemies.

edit: Yeah, the battle map's performance is definitely disappointing after playing Neptunia Rebirth. Good thing they've moved on to PS4 I guess.

Eusis

Tales is steadily improving too. It was probably too late down the line for Xillia 2, but Symphonia Collection had it. Hearts is JP audio only, and Zestiria could be dual audio too. At this point the only real naysayer nowadays is Atlus, even Square Enix offers it, out of our own pockets but at least they do!
Even for Atlus it usually is with their own, internally developed games. When localizing others they have better than average odds of either offering both or even leaving undubbed.

SerTapTap

Do I actually LOSE a fury by using it to pull out a sword or can I just not use that fury to pull out a second sword? I died in the battle, which fortunately wasn't a game over, haven't tried again yet.

Neptunia Victory had the same issue.

Thankfully it improves once you run into a battle.

They fixed it in Rebirth, and I don't recall it being nearly so obvious in Victory either. Hoping their PS4 stuff fairs better.

Combat seems alright, I could really do without the camera switches for every single attack but you get used to it.

SerTapTap

Anyone decided if they'll be #TeamGoddesss or #TeamVileGod ? :p

I can't decide if they're going to pull a "FOOLED YOU the bad one was the good one and the good one turned evil" so I think I'll do what it says the first time and leave the other for NG+

SerTapTap

There is, the game has an in-game DLC browser but none of it was actually up on the store yet when I checked earlier.

I hope it's more like Neptunia rebirth with just a few tiny packages instead of the standard compile heart 100+ with like 40 free ones you have to individually download.

ys45

So much jrpgs to play I ordered this from amazon and Ar Nosurge collector from NIS not sure which to play first .

Did not check anything on this game not even sure what kind of combat system it has lol
I want to dive in the game without knowing anything .

kirby2096

I hope it's more like Neptunia rebirth with just a few tiny packages instead of the standard compile heart 100+ with like 40 free ones you have to individually download.

There's 43 pieces of DLC on the JPN PSN Store 11 free, 32 paid totalling 7757yen which is about $72: -
12 bath/swim costumes 360yen each + 2 at 154yen
4 Fairy packs 205yen
3 level unlockers + dungeons 205yen
11 decorative weapon/accessory packs 154yen
3 starter packs for emergency/synthesis/material free
8 packs to unlock floors in the end game dungeon free

SerTapTap

There's 43 pieces of DLC on the JPN PSN Store 11 free, 32 paid totalling 7757yen which is about $72: -
12 bath/swim costumes 360yen each + 2 at 154yen
4 Fairy packs 205yen
3 level unlockers + dungeons 205yen
11 decorative weapon/accessory packs 154yen
3 starter packs for emergency/synthesis/material free
8 packs to unlock floors in the end game dungeon free

augh so it's standard compile heart style. I was hoping they changed their ways, guess it's just because HDN:R is a remake
They better not add anyone as hot as CyberConnect 2 after I'm done playing. grump
edit I am awful at markup

Should I feel bad for wanting to be
verbally
abused by Tiara?

Anyway, I'll probably be watching for the reviews for this game. Got too many good games coming up soon, even though this one looks pretty interesting.

That review does not fill me with confidence.

Compile Hearts games have been (very slowly) improving, and I actually really liked Sorcery Saga so I picked up this game without having read a single review or impression.

I hope I didn't make a mistake.

Eusis

Compile Hearts games have been (very slowly) improving, and I actually really liked Sorcery Saga so I picked up this game without having read a single review or impression.

I'm fascinated to see how it's received, but I suspect it wouldn't appeal to me for reasons that go beyond being "a galapagos RPG."

SerTapTap

Actually having heard horror stories of Neptunia 1, having played Mk2, Victory and Rebirth, they've gotten their act together at a truly impressive pace gameplay-wise IMO.

Uthred

The review certainly painted a grim picture but felt rather poorly written, a lot of it boiled down to the reveiwer saying "I dont like this because I dont like it" without really explaining how or why they disliked it (they kept saying stuff was boring, which is fair enough, to each their own, but it doesnt really make for a useful review IMO)

Marche90

I totally forgot this was coming out this month too. Crap.

Oh, well, Ar nosurge gets prioriy between these two. If everything else fails I'll just get the PSN version down the line.

The review certainly painted a grim picture but felt rather poorly written, a lot of it boiled down to the reveiwer saying "I dont like this because I dont like it" without really explaining how or why they disliked it (they kept saying stuff was boring, which is fair enough, to each their own, but it doesnt really make for a useful review IMO)

Their big issue seems to be that the story is generic and the characters are uninteresting cliches.

Sorcery Saga had the clichéd characters, but the character designs and voice work were good enough to excuse those failings.

I just hope the gameplay isn't broken. SS had a broken equipment system that made the game too easy, and didn't motivate me to go back to dungeons to collect weapons. :(

Did anyone in Canada get this game?

EBgames store locator shows that there apparently isn't a single copy in the country.

Not to mention I can't find any at bestbuy, walmart, target, futureshop.

Makes me think they didn't even bother sending any copies to Canada.

ys45

Did anyone in Canada get this game?

EBgames store locator shows that there apparently isn't a single copy in the country.

Not to mention I can't find any at bestbuy, walmart, target, futureshop.

Makes me think they didn't even bother sending any copies to Canada.

Amazon.ca got the game in-stock , and as usual they take their sweet time before shipping my order : /

Pre-ordered ..
a shame i can't get NISA limited edition anymore since it cost a leg now to get it ..

Well standard edition at my local store it is..

I have hopes for this.

SerTapTap

Compa's shaking me down for cash.

Anyone know how game-breaking it'd be if someone, say, used an arcade stick's auto-input to farm the silly jump a bunch/walk a bunch/etc challenges for stats? I'm surprised to see this system in again after Victory. Some of them were pretty unreasonable in that game...

My copy finally came in today and I've been playing it for a few hours.

So far so good. Characters are pretty funny so far and I'm looking forward to when the combat system opens up some more.

What are these bugs that people keep mentioning.

Anything spoilerific?

Tohsaka

I've played the game for 25 hours or so, and haven't encountered any bugs other than the game freezing once. The trophies still aren't on Sony's servers yet, though, so you'll have to switch to offline mode if you want to look at them.

I've played the game for 25 hours or so, and haven't encountered any bugs other than the game freezing once. The trophies still aren't on Sony's servers yet, though, so you'll have to switch to offline mode if you want to look at them.

There's a specific bug in a dungeon that will freeze the game when you try to leave it.

So much jrpgs to play I ordered this from amazon and Ar Nosurge collector from NIS not sure which to play first .

Did not check anything on this game not even sure what kind of combat system it has lol
I want to dive in the game without knowing anything .

Yup, NISA loaded us up with games this month. And I've still got my preorder of Natural Doctrine coming too.

Top Bottom