• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the fic being excessively gross was the Author's Intent

02ISp2L.gif

I gotta crash now tho. Be inspired!

Oh, by golly it was. Sleep well and I'll try to write something just as good later on.

Hm.

Work.

Not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing at the moment.

Also, fuck, driving lesson at 6. Reeaaaally can't be fucked. I just want to have passed my test already.

MutFox

Banned
I'm starting to notice a pattern here hahaha

Hehe, I shouldn't have played that CAH game last night, but it was worth it...
I could barely read too, as my brain was mush at that point...
Tonight I will try and sleep early... (Who am I kidding... :|)

At least it's a 3 Day weekend coming up!

If the whole meetup goes well,
we should all go for some Karaoke after.. :D

Wazzy

Banned
Ughhhhh at the customer I just dealt with.

I love when people try and tell you how to do your job when they clearly know nothing about it. I especially love it when you're already going out of your way for them and they're STILL insisting on telling you how your job works.

He was looking for a chair last week and wanted to know if it would go on sale. I don't have the ability to check next week or future sales so I told him to come back next week and check or call in. He came back today and it still wasn't on sale. I told him I could try and see if there's an upcoming sale but I probably wouldn't be able to find out.

He tells me I have the ability to find out and that I should be making calls to see if there's a sale. I told him I'm not in a position to do that and even my managers can't find that out.

He argue's with me saying that my upper management is his clients and he owns a business and blah blah I can check. Does he not understand that being an associate doesn't grant me shit to do anything?

TLDR; Asshole gonna asshole.

Hehe, I shouldn't have played that CAH game last night, but it was worth it...
I could barely read too, as my brain was mush at that point...
Tonight I will try and sleep early... (Who am I kidding... :|)

At least it's a 3 Day weekend coming up!

If the whole meetup goes well,
we should all go for some Karaoke after.. :D
LOL let's be real and just accept the fact that Flappy Bird was probably the cause.

OMG you had me at karaoke!!! :D :D!!!!

I love when people try and tell you how to do your job when they clearly know nothing about it. I especially love it when you're already going out of your way for them and they're STILL insisting on telling you how your job works.

He was looking for a chair last week and wanted to know if it would go on sale. I don't have the ability to check next week or future sales so I told him to come back next week and check or call in. He came back today and it still wasn't on sale. I told him I could try and see if there's an upcoming sale but I probably wouldn't be able to find out.

He tells me I have the ability to find out and that I should be making calls to see if there's a sale. I told him I'm not in a position to do that and even my managers can't find that out.

He argue's with me saying that my upper management is his clients and he owns a business and blah blah I can check. Does he not understand that being an associate doesn't grant me shit to do anything?

I... Sometimes I hate humans :|

Wazzy

Banned
LOL let's be real and just accept the fact that Flappy Bird was probably the cause.

I... Sometimes I hate humans :|

Yeah. I just found out he's started shit here multiple times so if he comes in again and does it he's getting banned from our store. He's tried to tell off the GM's and other associates.

MutFox

Banned

Hate people like that...

Should have told of them of the marvelous invention called the internet,
that they could have used to look for sales.
Instead of getting into their car, wasting gas and coming over there.

They could have used the new device called "the phone" too...

Flappy Bird... My high score is now 47! :D

Good to see someone is on board with the Karaoke idea... ;P

Wazzy

Banned
Hate people like that...

Should have told of them of the marvelous invention called the internet,
that they could have used to look for sales.
Instead of getting into their car, wasting gas and coming over there.

They could have used the new device called "the phone" too...

Heh, yeah. I told him to call in rather than stop by but he doesn't like to listen. I even went out of my way to get his number and told him I would give him a call if it went on sale but that's when he started his tangent about me being able to find out upcoming sales.

Toa TAK

Banned
It's a trap don't do it

Why would I watch that awful thing?

And this isn't retroactive post-Spider-Man 3 hate, I have never liked that film. I was genuinely surprised when I started seeing everyone praising it on the internet.

Good man.

What the hell is wrong with you people? How is this not awesome?

Y'all are just haters.
Finally.
Spiderman 2 is great. The only flaw is Toby. He's soooooo bad.
I let this slide. Spider-Man 2 is great.

AcridMeat

Banned
About 80% of my body is in pain. I crawled out of bed to turn off my alarm, put on music, then looked like this.
1HZPCMY.gif

I got up for a second to say that David that really sucks about getting hit anyway. :(

Also to

Say I had the pleasure each shift of at least a couple times, getting a huge amount of dinnerware and bringing it down for this one specific sales person, only to have them say oh no I don't need that sorrriii *stupid Italian accent*.

Oh and once being told to wrap a table, "They'll be here in 20 minutes". I get down there and the person shows up within the minute.

Let alone that time a customer's trunk fell on my head and all they had to say was "worker's comp right?"

I don't know how I kept it together because all I could think of was
jyvjyog.gif

MutFox

Banned
Heh, yeah. I told him to call in rather than stop by but he doesn't like to listen. I even went out of my way to get his number and told him I would give him a call if it went on sale but that's when he started his tangent about me being able to find out upcoming sales.

:|

I once had a lady go off on me about some price being more than it should be...
(The price was right, lady was just a biatch)

Like she yelled for a few mins straight...

So not wanting to hear it anymore,
I put on the saddest puppy dog face I could.

The lady starting apologizing profusely and left... :D

After that my co-workers couldn't stop laughing... :p

Wazzy

Banned
Acrid:
That is exactly how I feel. Just one giant FUCK YOU to these kind of people. Hilariously enough, I've experienced all of what you did except for the hit your head thing.

Mut:
Yeah I wish that would work. The customers I get see that as a sign to stomp all over you. The best approach for me is to be calm and confident but also polite even when they're being rude.

Sometimes I'll get a little assertive if they're trying to tell me how to do my job. Otherwise, they'l generally go to a manager or end up apologizing once it's all over. I'm actually usually called in to calm down customers because I'm pretty good at how to respond.

MutFox

Banned
Acrid:

That is exactly how I feel. Just one giant FUCK YOU to these kind of people. Hilariously enough, I've experienced all of what you did except for the hit your head thing.

Mut:
Yeah I wish that would work. The customers I get see that as a sign to stomp all over you. The best approach for me is to be calm and confident but also polite even when they're being rude.

Sometimes I'll get a little assertive if they're trying to tell me how to do my job. Otherwise, they'l generally go to a manager or end up apologizing once it's all over. I'm actually usually called in to calm down customers because I'm pretty good at how to respond.

Hehe, it only worked once... :|
Other then that yeah, customer is always right BS... :/
And if they're wrong, trying to make them not feel bad about it.

Glad I'm not at that job anymore... Hated it after a while...

y2dvd

Wahh the feeling you get when you're rear ended is terrifying :( you alright?

Yeah, I'm alright. I'm just shocked this had to happen to me and frustrated because it could've all been avoided. I called my boss before coming in that it's snowing and if we have to come into work today. He goes "Absolutely". I come in and my car gets rear ended. I check my emails and the company sends out a mass email stating they are closing the building just about now so go home and if you haven't came in, turn around and stay home. My boss didn't read that email and could've had me stay home when I called in. Blah I say!

AcridMeat

Banned
There's the countless times where I was the only one upstairs even though we are required to have 2, in the event that someone picks up some huge furniture so we can carry it to the car.

I had someone show up to pick up a 275lb package, a stone table or something. It should have been a delivery by truck to the home, but I guess whatever salesperson needed to make the sale and offered it because they're a dick. Anyway the only person available to help me was a woman in her 40's who was on their break technically.

Which meant I turned into a tiny angry hulk to get that thing in the back of an SUV mostly by myself.

For some reason my arms went all noodly like this.
e8t0e80.gif

It was uncontrollable.

edit: What I'm trying to say is I sympathize wazzerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz

Acid08

Banned
Had a customer a few weeks ago try to return a package that had literally been ripped open and put back together shittily with tape. Calmly explained that we cannot accept open merchandise for returns and she fucking LOST IT. Screamed at me, said she was going to sue the company, tried to get me to write down my personal info so she could give it to the cops.

Best part was she had her kid with her. Kid started crying and she was threatening to beat him if he didn't stop. Told her that we do not allow that kind of behavior in our store and that if she didn't leave I would be forced to call the police and report her for trespassing and harassment. That got her to shut up and leave.

AcridMeat

Banned
Music time

Optimus Rhyme - Sick Day
Little known fact I sing in the chorus
not actually true

Punk-O-Rama time
No Service Project - Rich Wholesome Anti-Racism I want to learn the bass to jam along to this song.
Propagandhi - Nation States Rocked the hell out of my angsty teenage body back in the day.

Then something to calm it all back down again
Teebs - While You Doooo which fades into...
Teebs - Moments

edit: Damn Acid, you did good. I'd probably fail to properly use language to tell her how horrible that woman was. Maybe the child protective services route.

Geido

Ps3, why are you so incredibly slow?

I've turned on my PS3 for the wolf among us a half hour ago. Literally everything needed an update.

Once you go PS4, you don't want to go back.

Wazzy

Banned
edit: What I'm trying to say is I sympathize wazzerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz
Thanks bb <3
Had a customer a few weeks ago try to return a package that had literally been ripped open and put back together shittily with tape. Calmly explained that we cannot accept open merchandise for returns and she fucking LOST IT. Screamed at me, said she was going to sue the company, tried to get me to write down my personal info so she could give it to the cops.

Best part was she had her kid with her. Kid started crying and she was threatening to beat him if he didn't stop. Told her that we do not allow that kind of behavior in our store and that if she didn't leave I would be forced to call the police and report her for trespassing and harassment. That got her to shut up and leave.
Ugh. She sounds horrible.
I loved Tobey as Peter Parker. He got the nerd thing down.

But Peter isn't really a nerd. He's socially awkward, sure, but he's not this unattractive geek. He's supposed to be fairly attractive and the biggest reason he's an outcast is because he takes care of his grandparents.

OMG LOL I totally didn't realize how naughty that sounded before I pressed send...

that's not terrifying though :D
Yeah, I'm alright. I'm just shocked this had to happen to me and frustrated because it could've all been avoided. I called my boss before coming in that it's snowing and if we have to come into work today. He goes "Absolutely". I come in and my car gets rear ended. I check my emails and the company sends out a mass email stating they are closing the building just about now so go home and if you haven't came in, turn around and stay home. My boss didn't read that email and could've had me stay home when I called in. Blah I say!
Oh no!! So basically it could have been avoided :(! I'm sorry!!

Acid08

Banned
But Peter isn't really a nerd. He's socially awkward, sure, but he's not this unattractive geek. He's supposed to be fairly attractive and the biggest reason he's an outcast is because he takes care of his grandparents.

Wazzy ur cray. Peter is totally supposed to be a nerd. His origin is all about being picked on because he's a nerd.

And he doesn't take care of his grandparents. His aunt and uncle(RIP Uncle Ben) took care of him after his parents died.

Wazzy

Banned
Wazzy ur cray. Peter is totally supposed to be a nerd. His origin is all about being picked on because he's a nerd.

And he doesn't take care of his grandparents. His aunt and uncle(RIP Uncle Ben) took care of him after his parents died.

I disagree. He's very socially awkward but nerd implies he's not attractive when that's clearly not the case with him.

As for his grandparents, while yes it's not until he becomes Spiderman and Uncle Ben dies that Peter is forced to watch and take care of Aunt May, it still happens fairly early on in his life causing his social status to be even worse. He's also so focused on doing deeds as Spiderman that he doesn't have time to focus on socializing with friends and groups.

Garfield nailed the socially awkward kid while Toby played a complete exaggeration of Peter.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've lived out Peter Parker's life so far.

Well, at least the photography in high school, social outcast, liking red heads part.

I'm waiting for this spider I know to get back to me about the powers.
O2n1F6W.jpg

WA8jxlc.gif

Windam

Scaley member
I don't read the comics *shrug*. I only read Sonic the Hedgehog comics seriously
in like 2002
. As for other comic series, I have like 3 random issues of Batman and that's about it.

Acid08

Banned
I disagree. He's very socially awkward but nerd implies he's not attractive when that's clearly not the case with him.

As for his grandparents, while yes it's not until he becomes Spiderman and Uncle Ben dies that Peter is forced to watch and take care of Aunt May, it still happens fairly early on in his life causing his social status to be even worse. He's also so focused on doing deeds as Spiderman that he doesn't have time to focus on socializing with friends and groups.

Garfield nailed the socially awkward kid while Toby played a complete exaggeration of Peter.

Eh can't agree that nerd implies he's unattractive. He's a great scientist and smart as hell so he's picked on for it. He's a nerd. Or a geek. Whatever you want to call it, it means basically the same thing.

Toby wasn't a complete exaggeration of anything until the third film. The first few movies just have a campy tone and everyone is playing up to that. ASM is a much more straight movie and it's acted as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom