• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
In what universe do nerds act like Tobey Maguire Peter Parker?

Seriously, we're all on a gaming forum. We're all nerds really. None of us are like that.

I thought that made us geeks?

Geeks = into subjects like: comics, video games, anime, etc...
Nerds = Smart + Socially awkward.

One could also be a Nerdy Geek...

Toa TAK

Banned
That scene is mediocre at best. There is nothing special about it.
You're mediocre at best.
He's swinging from invisible sky buildings! The future is upon us!
Have you no sense of imagination!?
I loved Tobey as Peter Parker. He got the nerd thing down.
My man. Raimi played that up.
Did we watch the same movie?

You should probably get glasses.

Wazzy

Banned
Let me rephrase: Tobey's Peter is a complete caricature of a nerd. The definition of nerd generally places people as unattractive AND socially awkward and they take it to a whole nother level with Toby. He's more than just socially awkward, he's not considered that attractive, he's completely insecure and he doesn't even come off as that intelligent because it always seems like the marshmellow man smiling when he talks.

I generally would place most people with eccentric hobbies such as videogames, comics, etc, under Geek.

Peter falls under socially awkward but he's in no way ugly. Then again, I feel Raimi and Webb are doing two versions of Peter that are present in the comics. Webs just nails it better.

I'll add I don't think ASM was very good. It just nailed Pete and Gwen much better.

MutFox

Banned
I hate both movie versions of spider-man. :p

Though if I had to choose which movie I liked the best, it would probably be 2.
1 and 3 were tripe and the new one wasn't great either.
Hopefully the new 2 is better.

Though I think Tobey pulled off spider-man better,
in that socially awkward way, but didn't have the look.

Peter Parker is basically a superhero version of Stan Lee's youth.

Toa TAK

Banned
Let me rephrase: Tobey's Peter is a complete caricature of a nerd. The definition of nerd generally places people as unattractive AND socially awkward and they take it to a whole nother level with Toby. He's more than just socially awkward, he's not considered that attractive, he's completely insecure and he doesn't even come off as that intelligent because it always seems like the marshmellow man smiling when he talks.

I generally would place most people with eccentric hobbies such as videogames, comics, etc, under Geek.

Peter falls under socially awkward but he's in no way ugly. Then again, I feel Raimi and Webb are doing two versions of Peter that are present in the comics. Webs just nails it better.

I'll add I don't think ASM was very good. It just nailed Pete and Gwen much better.
Maybe I have room for one Canuck in my America after all.

There were also some good things to come out of it!

Like Snow! But the rest was pretty fucked up. Poor Lilly.

Have you read the graphic novels?
Wazzy and I played this with some friends the other day. It's soooo good. But I wasn't prepared for some things either :'( LOL

Geido

Haha yeah, it becomes pretty perverse at times. But I really like how all the fairy tale endings cease to be in the real world.

Kind of metaphorical for growing up.

There were also some good things to come out of it!

Like Snow! But the rest was pretty fucked up. Poor Lilly.

Have you read the graphic novels?

I haven't read them. I've been meaning to. I figured
Snow
would come back but yeah, it was pretty messed up all around.

I...
The one guy.. Who was like "she better swallow and be grateful for it"... I have so many issues with this statement LOL

i usually swallow but not everyone is obligated to LOL!!
<--- NSFW

this_is_neogaf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom