• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
What do you mean by straight ska-punk band?
I am a total cam-whore, so be prepared! :D LOL
Prepped and ready shug.
yOfJI34.png

NinjaBoiX

if you think about it, an arctic monkey would probably have the most awesome coat of all time
I remember an interview promoting the first album, they were doing a photo shoot in a walk in freezer. Asked where the name came from, Alex being typically quick-witted and obviously freezing said:

"We just thought it sounded cool. There are times I wish we'd put more thought into it though."

Lol.

Linius

I decided to check why no one was posting in that Real Gaf OT, so I found out this thread exists. I rarely look outside my subscriptions, missing all the fun :p

Windam

Scaley member
The Arctic Monkeys made an album after Humbug? Ugh I've been so out of the loop with music.
I hated Humbug.

AcridMeat

Banned
You see! Community is splitting us apart! There's lost comrades out there and we don't know it.

Nice to see you found your way Linius.

Linius

l7GxSLo.png

Arctic Monkeys are one of my favourite bands <3

Going to Rock en Seine this year to see them again. Their live shows are always amazing.

It also doesn't help that Skype is the easier and faster way of chatting so the fun usually happens on there.

Skyyyyype is a lot of fun.

I really hate how shitty the Mac client seems to be; I keep needing to delete the conversation because the chat log makes it run like molasses. It's not using any RAM or CPU either, it's just in its own little molasses-world (
starring Kevin Costner
).

IRC is way better for text chat.

NinjaBoiX

The Arctic Monkeys made an album after Humbug? Ugh I've been so out of the loop with music.
I hated Humbug.
Boo. They don't make bad music man. Boo I say!

Totally check out AM, it's their best record yet. They just get better and better.
l7GxSLo.png

Arctic Monkeys are one of my favourite bands <3

Going to Rock en Seine this year to see them again. Their live shows are always amazing.
I saw them last year, jolly good show it was too.

Linius

You see! Community is splitting us apart! There's lost comrades out there and we don't know it.

Nice to see you found your way Linius.

Well you're here now! Hiya :D

Yeah, this thread should have been in OT. More people should join.

Indeed.

The Beatles are my top listened to band on Last.fm, too. :D I haven't used my account in years, though.

I've been using it ever since I created my account, which was five years ago on february fourth. Only the first few months I didn't much with it because I didn't had a laptop with Windows XP at the time :p

I like to see how my taste has changed so much over the years. Coldplay and Muse are still very high up there from the early days but I haven't listenend to both bands in ages now.

NinjaBoiX

I'm sorry. The only song I remember from Humbug is My Propeller and it wasn't as great as their older stuff. I wanted to like the album, I truly did!

Forgive me. :(
I love this one:

Arctic Monkeys - Dance Little Liar
The distorted filter on the second verse is glorious.
Noice. They are a shitload of fun that band!

Fuck it, mainstream commercial pop time:

Lorde - Glory & Gore
That's right, Lorde, I fucking love that record.

I ain't even mad. That bass is too delicious.

BIGWORM

Gonna pull my son early from school today and take him to see Lego Movie. It'll be some nice father/son time since the fire.

Linius

Gonna see that film with some mates later this month. When I told my mum I was going to see it she was all like "why you're going to see a kids movie?" :p

MutFox

Banned
Gonna pull my son early from school today and take him to see Lego Movie. It'll be some nice father/son time since the fire.

I've heard really good things about that movie...
Might go see it with my friend, his son and my bro on Sunday... :p

Linius

We're a finite bunch because no one ventures into OT Community forum. Ever.

I can ensure people even sign up for some threads in this section. I make more than 50 percent of my posts in Football Gaf and every junior wave we get some new guys in there saying they've been lurking the thread and signed up for it :p

AcridMeat

Banned
it's official. I really like the smell of rice cooking.
Does it smell like much? I don't remember it having much of a strong smell in a rice cooker.
I love this one:

Arctic Monkeys - Dance Little Liar
The distorted filter on the second verse is glorious.

Noice. They are a shitload of fun that band!

Fuck it, mainstream commercial pop time:

Lorde - Glory & Gore
That's right, Lorde, I fucking love that record.

I ain't even mad. That bass is too delicious.
Funny, our musical adventures took us in very different paths. I'm listening to Sonic Youth now. And while I did that bass, I listen to some other artists to get it, still not much of a pop person. It's funny actually, every time I see Lorde I think people are talking about Lorn and get excited. Now this is a bass choon.
This is catchy.

Good-looking, funny, and great taste in music. If I were gay/bi/a straight female I'd put a ring on you. Since I am none of those things, I'll just offer to brofist you.
If two of those things it still wouldn't work out windam haha. Kind words, I can't handle it.

Shit I missed some quotes. Robot, I don't consider SM ska-punk, just ska so still unsure. :D I loved ska-punk in middle/high school. Those were my two main genres.

And Linius that is a great piece by Mogwai.

And BIGWORM I hope you enjoy the movie! That's really cool of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom