• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Acid, we need to go to a sharks game together so we can start this chant.
3WAk7AF.jpg

Fun fact, I used the third panel as my avatar on a forum pre-gaf. I don't know why I randomly thought of the comic.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
just watch cowboy bebop. it's something different than that titan stuff but there are a lot of real human emotions/problems/relationships going on imo. and it's kinda dark and pessimistic, almost noir-like at parts :3

Hands down the sexiest thing a woman can say.

Clydefrog

i'm trying to think of my most heard songs on the radio

arctic monkeys - do i wanna know
black keys - little black submarine
lorde - (those two songs)

making 93.5 FM my #1 choice on my radio dial has never been so liberating

I would totally plug in my phone/ipod but my daily trips are less than 20 minutes long. If nothing good is on radio, I will default to NPR / AM radio.

TETSUOOOOOOO

Do I wanna know is a top tune.

CAAAAANAAAADAAA.

Sorry, that previous video made it sound so much like Canada with some accent.

Also the image above is a bit spoilery if people have not seen it yet, although I assume that probably almost all of the people that were interested have already seen it.

I accidentally said "TETSUOOOOOO" slightly too loud when I was watching Chronicle in the Cinema and I got some funny looks from the other audience members.

There's no context to the image though. Even if it is from later on in the story, no one who actually has no idea who Tetsuo is, or Akira, knows the significance of that image just by looking at it.

Why am I still awake. Deathflutes give me a creepy hug goodnight.

I had the movie since a year ago, did not watch too much of it. Thought it would be about biker gangs and stuff. The more supernatural stuff was a big surprise for me.

There's no context to the image though. Even if it is from later on in the story, no one who actually has no idea who Tetsuo is, or Akira, knows the significance of that image just by looking at it.

It's more the "If you wanted to see it you would've seen it by now" way of thinking. Just because something's old doesn't mean everyone's got around to seeing it yet.

AcridMeat

Banned
That is the best way to go into it, Steve. The point I was trying to make is the trend of the internet to label anything and everything as a spoiler of something, makes people hyper sensitive.

I've definitely fallen into that pit of avoiding everything to keep something fresh, and still do with certain properties. However, context is everything and seeing just an image, without knowledge of what it is is not inherently a spoiler.

Sorry I get all ranty when I'm sleepy.

And less comprehensive.

ill try to demonstrate my point by example, I watched Akira for the first time either last year or the year before, and while I recognized some imagery at the later stages of the film, I didn't think "Aw man, I was spoiled on that." I thought "Ah so this is where that's from, neat."

Wazzy

Banned
So tired. Just finished up my Anniversary thread for VIII with the help of Acrid(who is amazing and is the best person ever) and now I'm just adding in finishing touches. Haven't posted here much today.

What the fuck is going on with my brain.

It keeps deciding it likes bands.

Bands that people liked when they were 14.

But I didn't.

First My Chemical Romance, now Less Than Jake. What the fuuuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom