• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
I see that Pavelski is #1 C for team USA, while Kesler is third line.

Life is good.

tumblr_mmgq1bOW7F1sna8pso1_500.gif

Linius

All the speed skating disciplines give out their medals early, that's why :p Also there's a lot of speed skating disciplines, for whatever reason.

It's not much different from the countless different running disciplines during the summer. It's basically two ideal distances for sprinters and two for long run skaters. And one a bit in between. Oh and team pursuit of course.

All good things must come to an end.
Even Wherearemahdragonz dragonxtruck fanfic thread.

... does anyone have my original avatar?
I seem to have misplaced it :<

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Guys, recommend me some anime that's similar to Attack on Titan.

Loved the psychological aspects (seeing everyone struggle with life/the command structur/etc) and "brink of extinction" setting of it especially. Future/sci-fi is also a nice plus. Just.......... similar in style/quality to attack on titan would be great.

Friend recommended Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Loved the psychological aspects (seeing everyone struggle with life/the command structur/etc) and "brink of extinction" setting of it especially. Future/sci-fi is also a nice plus. Just.......... similar in style/quality to attack on titan would be great.

It's nothing like Attack On Titan but One Piece is pretty much the best thing so yeah do that.

Acid08

Banned

Gurren Lagann. It's not depressing like AoT or Eva but it deals with similar concepts. It will make you believe in love and the power of gritting your teeth.

Smiley90

Gurren Lagann. It's not depressing like AoT or Eva but it deals with similar concepts. It will make you believe in love and the power of gritting your teeth.

I like depressing and realistic struggle though. Fuck "everything is good" stuff. Also love ew. I love it if the psychological aspect is very fleshed out and realistic.

Acid08

Banned
I like depressing and realistic struggle though. Fuck "everything is good" stuff. Also love ew. I love it if the psychological aspect is very fleshed out and realistic.

Well, it's not really "everything is good" but it is positive. Also it has awesome mechs and is sci fi as fuck. Your loss brah. Eva is probably exactly what you're looking for.

Windam

Scaley member

Hey

I have arisen.

'sup Jesus?

Future/sci-fi? Gundam. Gundam Unicorn has amazing animation quality and it's pretty short; six episodes (each an hour) are out so far, and the final episode is coming out in May. Look at this awesomeness. Plus Gundam tends to be pretty depressing in general. (I'm looking at you, Zeta.)

Smiley90

Well, it's not really "everything is good" but it is positive. Also it has awesome mechs and is sci fi as fuck. Your loss brah. Eva is probably exactly what you're looking for.

I'll try Eva first yeah. Then I was told to try Death Note.

just watch cowboy bebop. it's something different than that titan stuff but there are a lot of real human emotions/problems/relationships going on imo. and it's kinda dark and pessimistic, almost noir-like at parts :3

I would also recommend Gurren Lagann. One of my favourite animes.

Gurllllll

Maybe.

I'll pm you what I need :DDD

And thanks if you can do it <3333

Yes yes yes, probably my favourite one.

Not too comparable though, but doesn't matter.

EDIT:

Wait a sec, watch Now and There, Here and Then. Gut punch incoming.
Not really action, but it has sci-fi/fantasy, and certainly is not "everything is good".

AcridMeat

Banned
Gurren Lagenn is fun. Pure fun. I need to finish it some day.

I also need to see the most recent Initial D season.

Samurai Champloo is on netflix instant, I'm gonna start watching that.

Gurren Lagenn is fun. Pure fun. I need to finish it some day.

I also need to see the most recent Initial D season.

Samurai Champloo is on netflix instant, I'm gonna start watching that.

Ah yeah, that one was great. It seems to pop off and on on Netflix so you better watch it while it is there.

Netflix is always a bit weird with anime. They have also removed a lot over the years and kind of seem to constantly remove and add the same ones now.

AcridMeat

Banned
Acid next hang out I'm coming down there for an anime party.

I'll make sure to bring some dorito poppers and cheetos, get proper grime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom