• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've never played a persona in my life
image.php

Coming from someone who hasn't played too many JRPGs, you should play persona 4.

edit: I used to bite my nails for years. Started in high school (anxiety) and kicked the habit 2 or 3 years ago cold turkey. So proud of myself.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My university is on a mountain and we like never get snow days ;_;

It's a hill dude. Not a mountain. Trust me, I know mountains.

On another note, seems like my 1 year Masters is cleared to go if I can get a commitee together, which should be a no-issue 'cause I know a lot of profs already. They're checking right now if I can take graduate classes this summer already and have them count towards the Master's that I could start in September. Could be done Master's in August or December 2015.

Fuck I need to think.

MutFox

Banned

But it's on Burnaby Mountain...

Still not sure why they called it that,
couldn't they just look north and see what real mountains look like?

The coastal mountain range is right there...
Unless it was a foggy day when they were naming it and everyone there was a bit handicapped...

IOn another note, seems like my 1 year Masters is cleared to go if I can get a commitee together, which should be a no-issue 'cause I know a lot of profs already. They're checking right now if I can take graduate classes this summer already and have them count towards the Master's that I could start in September. Could be done Master's in August or December 2015.

Fuck I need to think.

What would your master's degree be in? Since it is in science a graduate degree is nearly mandatory, Also it would be great to go get your degree in a relatively short time. Would the offer still stand if you took some time off?

Smiley90

What would your master's degree be in? Since it is in science a graduate degree is nearly mandatory, Also it would be great to go get your degree in a relatively short time. Would the offer still stand if you took some time off?

Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, same as my undergrad. A PhD is basically mandatory in my field, so I'd do it anyway. I'm not Canadian though, so while I'm in graduate school I can't apply for permanent residency. I need to find a job for that. So basically the question is if it's worth it to delay my immigration timeline by a year to be able to get a graduate degree faster. (A bonus is that if I graduate with a master's, I won't have to find a job afterwards to be eligible, because natural science graduate school degrees are wanted in BC and are eligible for fast-track immigration, whereas I'd have to find a job with just an undergrad)

Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, same as my undergrad. A PhD is basically mandatory in my field, so I'd do it anyway. I'm not Canadian though, so while I'm in graduate school I can't apply for permanent residency. I need to find a job for that. So basically the question is if it's worth it to delay my immigration timeline by a year to be able to get a graduate degree faster. (A bonus is that if I graduate with a master's, I won't have to find a job afterwards to be eligible, because natural science graduate school degrees are wanted in BC and are eligible for fast-track immigration, whereas I'd have to find a job with just an undergrad)

What are some of the advantages of being a citizen that couldn't wait another year? But I know what you mean about PhD's, I am going to have to get that myself after my last year. Hopefully I can go just go straight for my PhD and not get a master's first.

On a related note, are you going to pursue a research career, I remember you talking about research before.

Smiley90

What are some of the advantages of being a citizen that couldn't wait another year? But I know what you mean about PhD's, I am going to have to get that myself after my last year. Hopefully I can go just go straight for my PhD and not get a master's first.

On a related note, are you going to pursue a research career, I remember you talking about research before.

Mainly that I might move back to Europe once I have citizenship and it'd delay that. I haven't decided yet though, that's still a few years down the line. I could probably go straight for the PhD but that'd delay it WAY too much lol.

And yeah I've been working and volunteering in research for more than 2 years now, definitely where I see my future. Medical research, if possible. Med school is meh. :p

Mainly that I might move back to Europe once I have citizenship and it'd delay that. I haven't decided yet though, that's still a few years down the line. I could probably go straight for the PhD but that'd delay it WAY too much lol.

And yeah I've been working and volunteering in research for more than 2 years now, definitely where I see my future. Medical research, if possible. Med school is meh. :p

I did some cancer related analytical chem. research last summer, it was fun, but it is not for me. I find it sadly disheartening for me when someone asks about my major and I respond "Chemistry", they always ask if I am going to med school or if I am studying Biochem like 90% of the Chemistry students at my university.

Inorganic Chemistry is fun too...

AcridMeat

Banned
I think if you aren't into that genre, watching the entirety of that run is great.

Personally, I wanted to play it while they were and so my friend and I did a run that was much more endurance oriented. We started when they were around 30 episodes in, and we finished when they were around 60. :X

Persona 1's an okay game. First person dungeon exploration kind of threw me off at first, but I got used to it. Never did finish the Snow Queen Quest tho.

I have yet to play either Innocent Sin or Eternal Punishment.

On another note, seems like my 1 year Masters is cleared to go if I can get a commitee together, which should be a no-issue 'cause I know a lot of profs already. They're checking right now if I can take graduate classes this summer already and have them count towards the Master's that I could start in September. Could be done Master's in August or December 2015.

Fuck I need to think.

So interesting that it's called Burnaby Mountain then, huh? :)

Naming something a mountain doesn't nake it a mountain, Blue Badger.

Naw, my photoshop experience is very limited.

Except for.. It does. Burnaby mountain is a mountain.

"Burnaby Mountain, elev. 370 m (1,214 ft), is a low, forested mountain in the city of Burnaby, British Columbia,"

Sorry brah. It might be low, but it's still technically a mountain.

Smiley90

Except for.. It does. Burnaby mountain is a mountain.

"Burnaby Mountain, elev. 370 m (1,214 ft), is a low, forested mountain in the city of Burnaby, British Columbia,"

Sorry brah. It might be low, but it's still technically a mountain.

Yeah wikipedia isn't valid. Gotta have some noticeable elevation to be called a mountain, 300m with its surroundings is nothing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom