• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sis <3333333

I am so fucking done with both of you

(Photoshop prison tats on it)

oh god the prison tat is a great idea. On the neck? yessssss.

Also it's supposed to be a punishing avatar for the loser. I take it you agree that it's awful then? :lol

THEN IM POSTING IT SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT YOU'LL BE WEARING ALL TROUGHOUT MARCH

I WON'T BE WEARING IT.

I picked one up yesterday randomly and I have no idea where to start haha. I was just wondering if anyone is good, any good guide? Also, I want to play that as well :D
My feelings were apparently "dicks"...
what else is new?

There's actually TONS of reallllyyy good basic YouTube tutorials, which are good places to start with the basics! Also if I remember correctly, there's a tutorial on YouTube of how to play To Zanarkand as well. Also, iTunes has some good learning e-books and how-to-play guides. But if you don't want to pay for them I'm sure you could like find them online or something!

Productive day, made grilled salmon and edamame, it was delicious.

Salmon...
ybLPhqx.gif

Wazzy

Banned
That wouldn't be a punishment now, would it.

DO NOT POST IT.

If everyone gets used to it already it won't be a punishment anymore in March.
Too bad. It's happening. Unless u can convince someone to do all that for us without it needing to be posted.

PirateKing

There's actually TONS of reallllyyy good basic YouTube tutorials, which are good places to start with the basics! Also if I remember correctly, there's a tutorial on YouTube of how to play To Zanarkand as well. Also, iTunes has some good learning e-books and how-to-play guides. But if you don't want to pay for them I'm sure you could like find them online or something!

I picked up a digital one. Is there a difference between acoustic and digital when it comes to learning? It has a ton of buttons I have no idea how they work.

I just want to play this asap;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dsSjxJ-cRg

NinjaBoiX

Alright so who has completed their homework?
Is this that Daft Punk gag again?

Right srsly peeps, nite and shit.

1am here, I got a big day of cake, clowns and jelly and ice cream tomorrow.

Peas.

Edit: tanks for dem wishes and any future wishes while I sleep, you are beautiful pieple.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINJA :]

I picked up a digital one. Is there a difference between acoustic and digital when it comes to learning? It has a ton of buttons I have no idea how they work.

I just want to play this asap;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dsSjxJ-cRg

There's honestly not a huge difference! I took acoustic lessons but my piano at home is digital. The only main differences in actually playing it (not in sound) are that you don't have to tune digital ones, and the pedals might require different amounts of pressure. But other than that it's essentially the same :]. I find digital pianos easier to get an even sound, even if your fingertips aren't pressing the keys at the same force.

In terms of the buttons, you just gotta play around with them and the manual (if you have one). I still don't know what half of my buttons do, but I really only use my piano for basic playing anyway.

Ooh nice song :]! And totally achievable, too. Just stay patient with it. It will get frustrating sometimes, but when you're playing something through for the first few times, play very nice and slow and try to keep the rhythm even if you make a mistake. Use a metronome :]

Right? Got it on sale at the Fresh Market too so it also tickles my frugal bone.
Omfg sooo good. I love smoked salmon a lot too. Tickles all the right bones, tbh. LOL

PirateKing

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINJA :]

There's honestly not a huge difference! I took acoustic lessons but my piano at home is digital. The only main differences in actually playing it (not in sound) are that you don't have to tune digital ones, and the pedals might require different amounts of pressure. But other than that it's essentially the same :]. I find digital pianos easier to get an even sound, even if your fingertips aren't pressing the keys at the same force.

In terms of the buttons, you just gotta play around with them and the manual (if you have one). I still don't know what half of my buttons do, but I really only use my piano for basic playing anyway.

Ooh nice song :]! And totally achievable, too. Just stay patient with it. It will get frustrating sometimes, but when you're playing something through for the first few times, play very nice and slow and try to keep the rhythm even if you make a mistake. Use a metronome :]
I realised the pedals make a difference in sound and some of the different tunes need holding down on the pedal to get the right sound otherwise it becomes distorted.
Yeah, I'll probably start learning today or tomorrow. No manual, it's second hand but it's not that hard to figure out the differences. I just know of a button that makes the keys sound on full volume but I have no idea which one it is. You know when you hold down a key, depending on pressure, it sounds differently? Like harder or softer? Which button removes this limitation?
I have no idea what a metronome is haha.

Basically I want to to play this perfectly in about a year;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cURX25GB9hw

I realised the pedals make a difference in sound and some of the different tunes need holding down on the pedal to get the right sound otherwise it becomes distorted.
Yeah, I'll probably start learning today or tomorrow. No manual, it's second hand but it's not that hard to figure out the differences. I just know of a button that makes the keys sound on full volume but I have no idea which one it is. You know when you hold down a key, depending on pressure, it sounds differently? Like harder or softer? Which button removes this limitation?
I have no idea what a metronome is haha.

Basically I want to to play this perfectly in about a year;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cURX25GB9hw

Haha hmm that's a difficult question because I think the button differs from model to model!

A metronome is just something that clicks in even time so that you don't lose your rhythm! :] There's lots of metronome phone apps you can use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom