• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
also whaaaaaaaat OG P4 wouldn't let you choose inherited fusion skills? That's... crap.

Yeah, it was super fun having to enter and exit fusions until the skills you wanted to inherit magically got picked.

So glad they added that in P4G. God tier addition.

Of course, still have to deal with that shit in all versions of Persona 3. :negativeman:

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
She was totally unnecessary. Story was fine without her bad slink, bad poems, bad dungeon, bad design, and bad dialogue.

The fact that wsox likes her tells me how right I am.

I don't see how she made the story any worse. Her social link was fine by me, and I actually liked her as a character oO. She was very out of the ordinary, which is always good. I also liked Teddie, which apparently a lot of people disliked too? So there's that. I like non-ordinary characters. Don't think she had bad dialogue either. Really the only bad thing is the dungeon. MAYBE the poems because of how often they appear.

If you say she was unnecessary you can really call most non-main-character social links unnecessary (e.g. Death/Moon/etc), but that doesn't mean they're bad.

Acid08

Banned
If you say she was unnecessary you can really call most non-main-character social links unnecessary (e.g. Death/Moon/etc), but that doesn't mean they're bad.
No you can't because those characters aren't part of the main story. Marie was sloppily shoved into the main narrative and her slink is only a gaggle of "oh look here's the whole gang!" scenes that you're supposed to believe make all the characters care about her.

The narrative in the original game was incredibly well done. She added nothing to it and even managed to make it a bit less enjoyable for me.

And everyone loves Teddie.

No you can't because those characters aren't part of the main story. Marie was sloppily shoved into the main narrative and her slink is only a gaggle of "oh look here's the whole gang!" scenes that you're supposed to believe make all the characters care about her.

The narrative in the original game was incredibly well done. She added nothing to it and even managed to make it a bit less enjoyable for me.

Teddie's scoring thing got old fast as did his voice.

Those are what drove me up the wall with Teddie.

Smiley90

Yes. There are two extra bosses and a dungeon in NG+ apparently.

You sure? I can't find any info on that. Just the one extra boss.

Yeah well I liked Marie. I agree that there were probably too many "look everyone's here" scenes, but I still found her social link enjoyable. -shrugs- I liked her more than some of the main characters. I mean, e.g. Chie's social link was incredibly boring.

You sure? I can't find any info on that. Just the one extra boss.

Yeah well I liked Marie. I agree that there were probably too many "look everyone's here" scenes, but I still found her social link enjoyable. -shrugs- I liked her more than some of the main characters. I mean, e.g. Chie's social link was incredibly boring.

Yep. You need to max Margaret's social link in NG+

Smiley90

Where the fuck is
the reaper
then? I know in chests randomly. but..

that's exactly where he is. I actually encountered them in
Yukiko's castle
in my first playthrough randomly LOL. But I was obviously WAY too underpowered and he party-wiped me on his first attack. You just gotta RNG-jesus for him. there's some guides on what works best to increases the chances of him appearing.

that's exactly where he is. I actually encountered them in
Yukiko's castle
in my first playthrough randomly LOL. But I was obviously WAY too underpowered and he party-wiped me on his first attack. You just gotta RNG-jesus for him. there's some guides on what works best to increases the chances of him appearing.

FML.

Also. Saki's brother is a great slink. Sucks I missed it the first play through.

So, second day was alright. I messed up and missed the talk on Anti-Chamber but it's alright. Saw some cool stuff on tech art. Didn't understand too much of it but it was really cool. The last talk from Crytek on Ryse was amazing though. Character and facial rigging. Awesome. Another flop on late night networking though. I don't really enjoy the bar/drinking/100 people stuffed into a small space scene.

That out of the way though, tomorrow and the rest of the week should be crazy. Expo opens up so there should be a ton more people out. I need to see if I can there early to check it out but I have a feeling it's going to be packed to full regardless. Really looking forward to it though.

ACRID! Any ideas on the meet yet or is it dead in the water?

Edit: Actually, the best part about the Ryse talk was Marius running around without a skirt. Pretty sure it was a joke, but it looked like he was running around in a golden thong.

Yo BB, how ya been?

Still working on your music/singing?

Hey! I've been good thanks :) what about you?

Yep im still working on it! I've got two gigs this Friday night, and the vocals on my EP are all finished. They're just getting mixed and mastered now while I start thinking about album artwork/photography etc :)

I've just stumbled upon the most bizarre Tumblr.

tumblr_n2fbdlZiZD1tput0uo1_500.gif
I don't...

PirateKing

Hey! I've been good thanks :) what about you?

Yep im still working on it! I've got two gigs this Friday night, and the vocals on my EP are all finished. They're just getting mixed and mastered now while I start thinking about album artwork/photography etc :)

I've been alright. Got any Youtube links? Would listen.

AcridMeat

Banned
So, second day was alright. I messed up and missed the talk on Anti-Chamber but it's alright. Saw some cool stuff on tech art. Didn't understand too much of it but it was really cool. The last talk from Crytek on Ryse was amazing though. Character and facial rigging. Awesome. Another flop on late night networking though. I don't really enjoy the bar/drinking/100 people stuffed into a small space scene.

That out of the way though, tomorrow and the rest of the week should be crazy. Expo opens up so there should be a ton more people out. I need to see if I can there early to check it out but I have a feeling it's going to be packed to full regardless. Really looking forward to it though.

ACRID! Any ideas on the meet yet or is it dead in the water?

Edit: Actually, the best part about the Ryse talk was Marius running around without a skirt. Pretty sure it was a joke, but it looked like he was running around in a golden thong.
I asked in the bay-gaf thread. Last year we had one on the Friday of GDC's end and actually had a pretty nice group showing. I figure that's still the best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom