• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listening to the Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt OST and I just got to Juice.

I feel unclean.

:negativeman:

I especially love the ones where we gossip and giggle about Tiddums.

Shit, I wasn't supposed to talk about that.

FIRST OF ALL THE FIRST RULE OF GOSSIP IS NEVER TO TALK ABOUT IT TO ANYONE ELSE

Secondly, I have a story about that song. My freshman year I took a class with one of my friends, and I jokingly had her listen to that. To this day, she has not forgotten / gotten over it.

FIRST OF ALL THE FIRST RULE OF GOSSIP IS NEVER TO TALK ABOUT IT TO ANYONE ELSE

Secondly, I have a story about that song. My freshman year I took a class with one of my friends, and I jokingly had her listen to that. To this day, she has not forgotten / gotten over it.

lol

We need to link it during a Skype chat and have everyone listen to it.

Game of Thrones marathon on HBO.

tumblr_m8tjuaRhO41r6ai4qo3_400.gif

Guys, there's an NVidia Keynote at GDC tomorrow. We might get income about the next range of vid cards. Someone hold me. I'm getting a raging nerd boner just thinking about it.

Sometime later this year when they launch I'm going to buy some kind of 650 dollar monster that uses twice as much electricity as the entire PS4.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
kk what random anime is next.........

Ergo Proxy it is! First 2 episodes have convinced me to keep watching.

I've liked so far, in order of liking

top-tier:
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online

mid-tier:
Gurren Lagann
Neon Genesis Evangelion

dislike:
Death Note

I'm taking any kind of advice! Probably gonna watch Accel World next, given that it's by the same guy and the same theme of Sword Art Online.

Smiley90

If you like art and music that's what has kept me watching Samurai Champloo. Everyone will say Cowboy Bebop though, heh.

I like the setting and art style and just.... general themes/flow/story progression/presentation in Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online especially. Not over-the-top anime art style that other animes often have. Can't stand those.

Ergo Proxy's art style is....VERY different, but I like how dark it is. Will see if it keeps me following it.

Honestly I don't know much about anime, but I really, really liked Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've always had only outside knowledge of it. Friends in high school loved it so my only exposure was a couple episodes here and there because of them. Curiosity on toonami as well. Though I did watch a lot of DBZ in middle school. Everyone around here did.

Only anime that gets me pumped is Initial D. Acid knows what I'm talking about with that one.

Champloo has gorgeous background work, and a generally grounded style. Pretty laid back it's enjoyable.

kk what random anime is next.........

Ergo Proxy it is! First 2 episodes have convinced me to keep watching.

I've liked so far, in order of liking

top-tier:
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online

mid-tier:
Gurren Lagann
Neon Genesis Evangelion

dislike:
Death Note

I'm taking any kind of advice! Probably gonna watch Accel World next, given that it's by the same guy and the same theme of Sword Art Online.

Hunter x Hunter. Also really enjoyed Mirai Nikki. Don't let the opening fool you, it's an amazing premise and series overall if you like really twisted and fucked up scenarios.

Wait, Smiley. Does that mean...does that mean that you liked the second season of SAO????????????????

Hunter x Hunter is done by the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho, so if you don't like that style it's probably a no-go for you.

I recommended Mirai Nikki because it's twisted and gory, like AoT, but with a much better premise and some really fucked up situations. It's kind of awesome.

Smiley90

Wait, Smiley. Does that mean...does that mean that you liked the second season of SAO????????????????

Hunter x Hunter is done by the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho, so if you don't like that style it's probably a no-go for you.

I recommended Mirai Nikki because it's twisted and gory, like AoT, but with a much better premise and some really fucked up situations. It's kind of awesome.

If by second season you mean episodes 15-25 then ew no. Like... it was okay, but flying incest fairies <<<<<<<<<<<<< trapped in a medieval death sword game. But I had already watched the first 15 episodes so I figured I might as well watch the last 10.

I have no idea what Yu Yu Hakusho is, but I like more realistic art styles MUCH better than the overly childish/exaggerated art styles of some animes. I just can't watch those. Gurren Lagann was borderline that, which is my main reason for why it's not as high up as AoT/SAO.

EDIT: I'll check out Mirai Nikki once I've decided whether I'll stick with Ergo Proxy or not. Think I'll stick with it though, it's so beautifully dark.

If by second season you mean episodes 15-25 then ew no. Like... it was okay, but flying incest fairies <<<<<<<<<<<<< trapped in a medieval death sword game. But I had already watched the first 15 episodes so I figured I might as well watch the last 10.

I have no idea what Yu Yu Hakusho is, but I like more realistic art styles MUCH better than the overly childish/exaggerated art styles of some animes. I just can't watch those. Gurren Lagann was borderline that, which is my main reason for why it's not as high up as AoT/SAO.

I was going to say we can't be friends if you liked that moe kawaii desu ne incest arc.

Try Mirai Nikki, see if it clicks. If not, I really enjoyed Shin Sekai Yori if you're looking for a feels trip.

Smiley90

I was going to say we can't be friends if you liked that moe kawaii desu ne incest arc.

Try Mirai Nikki, see if it clicks. If not, I really enjoyed Shin Sekai Yori if you're looking for a feels trip.

It's weird because of how much I liked the first fifteen.

Then BAM incest fairies. I was so damn confused. Like... how do you go from medieval death sword game badassery to incest fairies?!?! HOW?!? WHY?!?

Smiley90

Smiley have you seen the two I recommended?

I looked at them. Cowboy Bebop I'm not sure I'll be okay with the art style, but I might give it a try because of the setting. We'll see.

Ghost in the Shell I'm very intrigued by. Will definitely check it out.

Pffft. I check it once a day usually if that and even then only for a few minutes at a time.

You honestly should get a FB account solely for the Stephen and Megan makeup video. It's so worth it.

And you know I'm not saying this because I have ulterior motives as I've just told you I barely use it.

HAHAAHAHAH I'm still so proud of that video <3 I hope RNH has actually watched it now LOLL I'm rewatching it as we speak.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah buddy.

And Smiley just watch Bebop. It'll be recommended endlessly by everyone you ask for recs until you watch it. And it's worth it. And the art style is as "realistic" as can be.
I still say he should check out Champloo. After I finish it I'm gonna go back to Gurren since I only watched the first third or so in one night at a friend's place.

edit: No I lied, I'm going to watch Stage 5 of Initial D.
What will get me out of this funk? I know. More bleaching!
I can hear your hair follicles screaming from here.

NinjaBoiX

Hey Cat, hurry up with the hotness redness will ya? You've been teasing for too long now.

Damn good movies there Mutes. I own all those on blu-ray myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom