• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP in peace.

Not Godels getting banned too. A double funeral. A damn mess.

18122_600.gif

Nooooo not godels ;_;

dddddddddd

Trying to control my laughter rn.

QUESTION

Lets say hypothetically I needed to boil water in a motel room for some reason. According to my room info, a coffee maker is present. I should be able to boil water from the sink with that, correct? This is important.

edit: You didnt see anything o_o/

Probably!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
When I was a server, saying 'y'all' was still more polite than 'you guys'.

There's an annoying way to say y'all and there's a good way. Its an efficient semi-formal neutral way of addressing a group of people. If you draw out the a you sound too southern which can annoy people but said quickly its awesome.

AcridMeat

Banned
I had a conversation with a bud last night about how we both think using "trash" is awesome, after I had called the coach of the Warriors trash.

CONGRATS! :D

Cute.

Congrats!

Awwwwww shit.

Not long now till you're brutalizing with the best of them

Congrats!

End me.

Serving fierce graduating college student realness.

:negativeman:

Thanks guys :D

Will have pics of the actual event about a month and a half from now. Super excited.

Is it weird that my criminal justice degree is a bachelor's of ARTS?

I'll have to come to RI and share it with one.

Oh my god stop it you it's already too hot here as it is~

Is it weird that my criminal justice degree is a bachelor's of ARTS?

No that's normal.

One of my sister's friends got a criminology degree which was basically an specialized arts degree.

... he's now working as one of those people who finds jobs for other people. Although I'm sure you'll be a corrupt cop in no time, don't worry!

Nice! When's it happening?

Ahhh, cool! Congrats!

Still one more year for me unfortunately. Have you decided whether you are going to continue with grad school or not?

I'm already technically in grad school. My university has an advanced master's degree program that allows seniors to take grad classes while finishing their bachelor's. So I will go back for one more year and graduate with my master's (concentration of homeland security) in May 2015 if everyhing goes according to plan.

So I got my psychology professor interested in Spec Ops: The Line. Time to dig for good information in it. I saw a post with a lot of people's take on it but I don't remember the thread.

I'm already technically in grad school. My university has an advanced master's degree program that allows seniors to take grad classes while finishing their bachelor's. So I will go back for one more year and graduate with my master's (concentration of homeland security) in May 2015 if everyhing goes according to plan.

Yeah, I was just remembering that you were talking about being burnt out before. But you seem to be ready to take it on!

Would getting a Master's degree get you in a higher position as opposed to someone who stopped at their Bachelor's?

Yeah, I was just remembering that you were talking about being burnt out before. But you seem to be ready to take on!

Would getting a Master's degree get you in a higher position as opposed to someone who stopped at their Bachelor's?

I'm still super burnt out, but my job search has yielded a few possibilities so I'm less stressed about it than I was. I dunno, we'll see. I could always skip a year and go back, but I'm not sure yet.

A lot of police departments when promoting tend to look for people with higher degrees, and in federal jobs, it's almost required. I'll definitely be eligible for higher level positions as opposed to those with only a bachelor's, plus I wouldn't have to go back and do it later. I'd be 22 with a master's degree which is also pretty awesome.

AcridMeat

Banned
Congrats dragonz! A master's in that short amount of time is definitely worth it.
So I got my psychology professor interested in Spec Ops: The Line. Time to dig for good information in it. I saw a post with a lot of people's take on it but I don't remember the thread.
Interesting. He wanted to play it or just open to examples from it for a class?

Interesting. He wanted to play it or just open to examples from it for a class?
He just wants more information on it. I explained some of the things the game does to get into the player's mind and how it relates to video games as a whole.

The class itself is more on the philosophical ideas behind robots/AI/Virtual Reality/ and technology as a whole as it advances exponentially. An example would be, could a robot be defined as a human if given complete consciousness, volition, and emotion. People might say no because all of those are simply programed in. You could the return and say how actual humans are programed as well, just on a different level.

It's been a really interesting class.

Also congrats Dragonz I think?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
As I say this of course it's pissing down with rain outside

That's basically how it goes on skype. X rated text chat, PG rated voice chat.
You said 20c nothing about rain!

I mean we could try getting the voice chat up to x rated but I think we would all laugh way too hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom