• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I... uh... played the flute when I was REALLY little. Then played the piano for like 5 years. Then the guitar for 3 years.

I know none of these 3 instruments anymore.

I'm pro at Guitar Hero though.

AcridMeat

Banned
Morning

Been without electricity for whole night and now i need to go on a date..... with my shovel
ZUwU7aG.png

No judgement here bud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE

I couldn't really get into this song on first listen. Yet after listening to it a few more times, I am officially in love with it.
Ha, yeah this song rules. That album is fun.

SRG01

I... uh... played the flute when I was REALLY little. Then played the piano for like 5 years. Then the guitar for 3 years.

I know none of these 3 instruments anymore.

I'm pro at Guitar Hero though.

Go pick up Rocksmith. It's fun and you'll get to relearn the guitar!

Well it wouldn't be on account of my looks would it.

Well, you are devilishly handsome. From my experience looks and musical talent is a one-two combo that never fails.

I know how to play the piano, though I am probably quite bad at it now. Injured my hand sometime between being good at it and now so I'd probably be even worse than I think.

Curious to try guitar sometime.

TrueNorth

Neo Member
Spaced is still the best, come on though.

So far, I have to agree with you. Mainly because I was a geeky teen in the 90's and that show references everything I love about that era. Also, the characters are fantastic, the delicious angst of it all, the ability to make fun of itself (the best part of any television show, imo), and the reminder of what it was like to be that age (even though I wasn't that age in that era).

It just was very nostalgic for me, I guess.

marrec

Banned
Seriously though guys, if you have any interest in Folk or Country then Gone Away Backwards by Robbie Fulks is essential contemporary listening. This album is amazing.

AcridMeat

Banned
So far, I have to agree with you. Mainly because I was a geeky teen in the 90's and that show references everything I love about that era. Also, the characters are fantastic, the delicious angst of it all, the ability to make fun of itself (the best part of any television show, imo), and the reminder of what it was like to be that age (even though I wasn't that age in that era).

It just was very nostalgic for me, I guess.
So glad you're enjoying it! I love that each episode is unique in tone and style. The art exposition and the club scene are two of my favorites. Let alone the Resident Evil overdose where you can see the precursor to Shaun of the Dead.

Not sure if you've gotten this far yet but I could relate to Daisy when she gets back from traveling as well.

We're still waiting for you to post a video of your band, you realize that right

EDIT: YOU EDITED THAT to exactly what I asked lol.
LOLLL! I didn't know if you were being sarcastic or not until you edited it! I sing solo gigs. I don't have a band. I wish I did though LOL! I sang at a BC Lions game last year! Do you go to any of the games?

www.youtube.com/scaccia92 don't judge me LOL

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOLLL! I didn't know if you were being sarcastic or not until you edited it! I sing solo gigs. I don't have a band. I wish I did though LOL! I sang at a BC Lions game last year! Do you go to any of the games?

www.youtube.com/scaccia92 don't judge me LOL

I haven't been to any BC Lions games... ever :x

EDIT: Oh lawlz the reindeers! and damn you CAN sing.

TrueNorth

Neo Member
So glad you're enjoying it! I love that each episode is unique in tone and style. The art exposition and the club scene are two of my favorites. Let alone the Resident Evil overdose where you can see the precursor to Shaun of the Dead.

Not sure if you've gotten this far yet but I could relate to Daisy when she gets back from traveling as well.

Oh yes, I've seen the whole series and I really want to do a rewatch soon. Those two eps were really fantastic. I also love the repetition of the artist's montage every time someone asks him what he paints. Bloody wonderful.

Acid08

Banned
A friend of mine who was studying pharmacology down in Puerto Rico was telling me that he was having big problems with his research assistants selling all his research to Walgreens.

I don't know any more details but the story always kind of makes me laugh because it sounds so crazy times.

my people :(

SRG01

I've been thinking of taking voice lessons, because I want to be able to sing my own songs. It might help me during my lectures too since a lot of people say that I tend to trail off at times...

AcridMeat

Banned
That's a pretty great voice man! I have to ask now though, what happened with your vocal chords? If this was asked already sorry. D:

That's a pretty great voice man! I have to ask now though, what happened with your vocal chords? If this was asked already sorry. D:
Aww thanks man! Turning like 200 shades of red right meow LOL.

I was born with a polyp on my vocal chord! But I didn't catch it until I was 16 and then I had to have surgery to remove it. Then I had to take time off of talking and singing, which sucked! LOL

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh yes, I've seen the whole series and I really want to do a rewatch soon. Those two eps were really fantastic. I also love the repetition of the artist's montage every time someone asks him what he paints. Bloody wonderful.
Yes! Brian is one of the best, and I've met a few like him in my life. I'm going to start watching it again. I already started Peep Show again for the 4th or 5th time. Plan on watching Twin Peaks again soon too. Maybe when the blu-ray comes out.
Aww thanks man! Turning like 200 shades of red right meow LOL.

I was born with a polyp on my vocal chord! But I didn't catch it until I was 16 and then I had to have surgery to remove it. Then I had to take time off of talking and singing, which sucked! LOL
Ha no problem. What is a polyp? typically having a columnar body with the mouth uppermost surrounded by a ring of tentacles ahahaha no not that, I see it's a benign growth on a membrane or some such.
Damn it. Could have had some potential advice for Pau, butnai missed that discussion.
Cool thing about the quote feature is you can bring something back and then they see it highlighted all green and stuff and they'll respond sometimes. Advise away.

I have a terrible voice and it's 4:24am now :p I'd wake everyone. x_x
Hahaha ooh I didn't know about the time difference!! :p

Ha no problem. What is a polyp? typically having a columnar body with the mouth uppermost surrounded by a ring of tentacles ahahaha no not that, I see it's a benign growth on a membrane or some such.
Hahaha you're right about the benign growth part! It's just a lump! You can see it in one of my videos :) they just needed to cut it off.

It did suck though. The anatomy of your vocal chords changes and so I had to relearn how to sing again. But it's been worth it because now my voice is healthier and I've had more success in music!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
ZUwU7aG.png

No judgement here bud.

Well, picture is just perfect for this occasion :D

But I also visited lady chainsaw to cut some broken branches, we will probably stay without half of our trees at the end of this snowmageddon. I rather not think about our forest parcel, there must be at least 2 meters of snow up there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom