• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
In 19 hours or so, the first two episodes of Psycho-Pass will be screened for those who managed to secure tickets to the pre-screening event in Tokyo. In an extremely rare occurrence, this could well be one of the few (or only?) truly authentic world premieres for a major entertainment release. As of now there is still exactly 0 seconds worth of animation footage, and not even a single screen from the actual show. If it remains this way, those watching the screening will be the first members of the public to ever see what the show looks actually looks like. What an event! :D

Has there ever been a case of an anime airing without releasing any footage whatsoever?

wonzo

Banned
Honestly, seeing Guilty Crown for the first time before release, I'd be hyped. It's not like it started out like ass.
Uhh now that you mention it Guilty Crown really did start out pretty bad but in comparison to where it ended up I can't say I really blame you for thinking something like that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! 12
I watched a few early episodes of this, stopped because it was painfully boring, and decided to pick it back up here to see how it ended. The mystery of who the little sister was was digging away at me!
Not really, I just have too much free time.

Somehow they made it seem like the sister showed up after I stopped watching as a new character, which was extremely confusing.
3M3o4.jpg
Only it turns out she wasn't the sister at all or something. In fact, she was a fallen child actor who had taken up acting as Shougo's little sister because she was looking for the greatest acting challenge of her life. Also, the real little sister wanted to get with the brother so she sort of just let it fly and tried to help her with her acting or something. I don't really get it but I'm not exaggerating. This actually happened and was somehow more confusing in context.

Ultimately, the most the little sister got was a single date, which ended with a kiss and a very bluntly worded proposition. Really there are bold statements by a number of the girls all over the episode that the main character runs away from. Because if it's not obvious by now the little sister won.

And the really important message of the show is summed up in a single line, and it's a very powerful message.

Lain

8f49d3d3a7989d95e7ddf5a33f674ae8b32dfa3a.jpg

I feel happy!
One movie I never watched before, one I already owned on DVD and love. I need more Ghibli stuff on BRD yet though.

dimb

Oh, I got my Madoka movie ticket finally because the Chicago movie theater moved it to a larger theater because of how quickly it sold out. I dunno if anyone else is going to that showing or what but if you are and want to say "hi" or something you should let me know.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Wow, everything looks awful again this season. Maybe Psycho-Pass will be interesting.
At least we still have Space Bros.

EDIT: I'll try watching Tsuritama (per recommendations from the previous thread).

dimb

Wow, everything looks awful again this season. Maybe Psycho-Pass will be interesting.
At least we still have Space Bros.
Space Bros. is the show falling off for me though. I'm pretty hyped about a bunch of stuff I probably shouldn't be this season.

Thoraxes

Oh, I got my Madoka movie ticket finally because the Chicago movie theater moved it to a larger theater because of how quickly it sold out. I dunno if anyone else is going to that showing or what but if you are and want to say "hi" or something you should let me know.

Meeeeeee

I just bought tickets because they finally made more available!

Not sure about the larger theater though, as mine still has the location being at the Music Box. If it's anything, my showing starts at 9:30PM.

Jarmel

Banned

Still waiting for the New York tickets to go on sale.

wonzo

Banned
Chuu2 Lite 1

chuu2l1.jpg

Who knew this would be somewhat more enjoyable when I can actually understand what's being said! Still, the ED is easily the best thing about it.

chuu2l1a.jpg

dimb

Meeeeeee

I just bought tickets because they finally made more available!

Not sure about the larger theater though, as mine still has the location being at the Music Box. If it's anything, my showing starts at 9:30PM.
It's within the Music Box that it's a larger theater I think. I dunno, I called them on the phone to check for more tickets awhile back and they said they were looking to move it into a bigger venue.

Cheese and crackers though go to bed. It's like five AM here.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 039
LotGH in a nutshell.

Also in this episode: Julian being all moé and budding into adulthood while Yang's all like noble and shit.
The amount of death flags waving over his head is worrisome

Also also: fuck next episode previews. :/

Thoraxes

It's within the Music Box that it's a larger theater I think. I dunno, I called them on the phone to check for more tickets awhile back and they said they were looking to move it into a bigger venue.

Cheese and crackers though go to bed. It's like five AM here.

Makes sense. The place itself is pretty small.

Also yeah, it's about that time. I'll PM you when we get closer to the screening date for sure.

It's just her being a delusional nerd.
I think its a delusion she has, like a Satoshi Kon film. Its mostly in her mind. but who knows if something about it might be real in the show?
Well, I know it's not actually magical or some shit, but I meant if there's something medically wrong with it that justifies wearing an eyepatch. Or is this like those black framed lensless glasses that people wear these days?

OceanBlue

The whole goddamned thing is adorable.
I really hope thats the real ED.

We might get lucky, but I'm pretty sure the real ED is a quartet sung by the 4 main females of the group. At least these web-shorts will be a consistent thing, so we'll see this ED every week.

Well, I know it's not actually magical or some shit, but I meant if there's something medically wrong with it that justifies wearing an eyepatch. Or is this like those black framed lensless glasses that people wear these days?

There were some shots in the PVs of her without the eyepatch. It's probably just the chuunibyou.

cajunator

Banned

I don't think anybody knows yet what is causing it. The shows not airing yet :p

Thoraxes

Eye infections of the sorts, people with glass eyes, eye surgeries, etc.

In this show it's totes the bolded.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
She's just a delusional kid who's delusions are super cute. :3 How many episodes is Chuu2Byou going to be again?

She's like 3 parts Kobato (Haganai) and 4 parts Yui (K-On)

Steroyd

Sword Art Online would be better if it was written by Mari Okada.

I'm not even joking.

It would certainly be something to watch that's for sure.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Season 2 finally confirmed at last.

http://nyaruko.com/

(if you still get the countdown page due to your time zone, just click the bar at the bottom of the screen to get to the normal home page.)

Looks like there's also announcement videos from each member of the main cast, but good luck watching them if you're outside of Japan. Stupid region blocking...

The feeling of indifference is weird, as long as it's nothing like the last few episodes of season 1 I'm okay with this.

They might as well announce Kore wa Zombie S3 at this point. lol

They need to finish season 2 first.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ahhh, you did it. lol

469MA!
Well I said I would. Though back then I didn't realise I'd be working on a 600+ frames animation.

Also I find it funny that a rapping bear got more response that a DJing one. Apparently the latter is far to normal to raise people's eyebrows.

This shall be my first and only post in an anime OT, at least until Wandering Son gets a 2nd season.

Hello and goodbye.
But who will post the futa now?

What is this and why does it look so damn awful?

Is it awful?
Polar Bear Cafe. It's one of the better shows of the year.

savinganime22b.jpg

yeah it's a p. cool pin
That's actually pretty cool. But I collect pin badges so that's the first bit of anime tat that comes with a DVD I've seen that appeals to me.

You know what? I'll take that Kotaku article over the self-fellating, dumb-as-bricks seventhstyle crap that was posted yesterday any day. At least this dude is putting in some kind of effort.
Hahaha...ha.
I have to agree with him on that. The fact that getting their bone on wasn't the be-all-end-all was pretty refreshing.

Although given the last two episodes, maybe it should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom