• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

This thread is going into territory that perhaps it really shouldn't.
I have an idea.
Let's discuss cute puppies in anime!

Puppies you say?

CyMOz.jpg

Kazzy

Surely not.

Looking at the box "Sweet Asoko Online" seems to indicate not, fortunately! I guess that I let my paranoia run away with me...

But enough of that!

Cajuns request has also lead to discover there is a manga called puppy lovers, why am I not surprised?

Pooya

My Little Monster - 2

I really like how these two episodes were paced, they are not wasting any second, it moves fast from scene to scene and every bit is fun to follow and it's gorgeous throughout. I don't have any problem with frequent use of 'chibi' like art style, it's perfect for comedy moments. Hoping for more characters in future episodes too. This is going to be a fun ride.

Jex

I must watch so much different stuff than you.

Probably. Horses do kind of get messed up in every Samurai movie where the Samurai rides them until they dire, or in Berserk, or in Barefoot Gen.

I guess horses don't do so well either.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hyouka:
Generally speaking, I enjoyed Hyouka, even though it literally bored me to sleep at one point and I was very disappointed in the finale. I wish KyoAni chose to veer away from the source material more, particularly, for Oreki and Chitanda's relationship, which hasn't even gotten to the "admitting your feelings" stage. Animation and direction were both top notch, as well as all the myriad art styles they employed for Oreki's monologues, but the story (or lack thereof) is just so disappointing. I really want a Season 2 with original content. KyoAni didn't have to play it safe with Hyouka, but they did, and it shows.

Grzi

Hunter X Hunter - 50

Still great, the remake just keeps delivering, if you dropped this show because of the beginning you really should pick it back up. I can't wait to see what they do with Greed Island (by the looks of things they really could improve it) and then hopefully the Chimera Ant arc.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 50

"Why couldn't you spare a fraction of that grief for the people you've killed?"

Gon understands why the Spider are such good villains. Because they're a bunch of brutal hypocrites. If only Togashi would stop delaying the conflict stuff with them in the manga.

Geneijin

Well, sometimes you don't know what a show is going to be when you're watching it. As for bad shows, sometimes they're unintentionally entertaining. At other times, well, at least you can learn something from them. Being able to articulate why a show is bad can be as enlightening as understanding what makes a show good.
Yet it's also easier to articulate what's bad than explain what's good about something.

Edit: Whoa, top page? Eh, I'll leave this here then (50pppp).

AB12

Hunter x Hunter 2011 50

"Why couldn't you spare a fraction of that grief for the people you've killed?"

Gon understands why the Spider are such good villains. Because they're a bunch of brutal hypocrites. If only Togashi would stop delaying the conflict stuff with them in the manga.

I the rate he is writing, the next arc will probably take 5 or more years. Then maybe we will get back to the Spiders. But I can't wait for the Chimera Arc, at least there will be some nice action scenes. The new anime's action scenes are at least awesome, and the pacing is alright.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 19

I... I just can't gif episode... it's too much. The panning shots of the shittiest CG mountain you'll ever see, the horses triumphant last jump and the Michael Jackson sword moonwalking just need to be seen on your own in glorious 720p. oh my god

kingdom19a.jpg

Branduil

Kingdom 19

I... I just can't gif episode... it's too much. The panning shots of the shittiest CG mountain you'll ever see, the horses triumphant last jump and the Michael Jackson sword moonwalking just need to be seen on your own in glorious 720p. oh my god

kingdom19a.jpg

Look, we all know you're still going to make the .gifs.

cajunator

Banned
Kingdom 19

kingdom19a.jpg

Holy shit.
That horse got an arrow in the FACE.
OWNED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom