• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's wrong with traditional family values?

And Onii-chan Dakedo is a cheap harem show, so nobody will ever have something like sex with someone. It helps
that they are not blood-related

Thoraxes

Oh look, it's I want to fuck my brother really bad (WHO IS IMOUTO?) and Even if we're siblings, as long as we have love it's ok to fuck my brother. I refuse to address shit like this by its actual name. Le sigh.

I missed it when the show was just "I hope I don't accidentally fuck my imouto"

Firemind

The fact that I haven't seen either episodes of the show is irrelevant. It was a question about your post, not necessarily the show. Your posts are part of the discussion for everybody here, not just people who have seen the episode. Watching the episode would have been a requirement if I were directly trying to counter what you were saying, which I did not.

Which I obliged by providing images backing up my claim. The gif animation was but one of the weak moments. Inserted images and the text following the images do not have to be in direct relation with each other. Sometimes writers insert images between paragraphs to break up the format. In this case, the image relates to the paragraph above it, which you could have alluded to if you weren't being so pedantic. I know what chibi means, you know what chibi means; you're splitting hairs at this point by over-analyzing and misinterpreting my original post.

What exactly would you like me to do? Write a two hundred word essay with an x number of images explaining why I think certain aspects look janky? Of course I'm posting impressions in an unobtrusive way. If I were to deconstruct the episode like you did, I would be spoiling it for the people who haven't watched it and probably get labeled as obsessive in addition to being a troll.

You then claimed I'm wrong and/or trolling after I provided an explanation to what I wrote, with no argument to support your claim. At first I thought you were trying to disprove the part where I implied an artist was being lazy, but now you've dropped that point and turned it into an argument about my writing. If your argument is that I wrote a short impression of an episode in such a way that isn't immediately apparent to someone who hasn't watched it, then congratulations; here's a cookie.

cookie.gif

(The above image relates to the paragraph preceding it, not succeeding it.)

I have proven both that you are wrong and failed to admit you were wrong. That GIF looks nothing like chibi art!

This is you being pedantic.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Which I obliged by providing images backing up my claim. The gif animation was but one of the weak moments. Inserted images and the text following the images do not have to be in direct relation with each other. Sometimes writers insert images between paragraphs to break up the format. In this case, the image relates to the paragraph above it, which you could have alluded to if you weren't being so pedantic. I know what chibi means, you know what chibi means; you're splitting hairs at this point by over-analyzing and misinterpreting my original post.

What exactly would you like me to do? Write a two hundred word essay with an x number of images explaining why I think certain aspects look janky? Of course I'm posting impressions in an unobtrusive way. If I were to deconstruct the episode like you did, I would be spoiling it for the people who haven't watched it and probably get labeled as obsessive in addition to being a troll.

You then claimed I'm wrong and/or trolling after I provided an explanation to what I wrote, with no argument to support your claim. At first I thought you were trying to disprove the part where I implied an artist was being lazy, but now you've dropped that point and turned it into an argument about my writing. If your argument is that I wrote a short impression of an episode in such a way that isn't immediately apparent to someone who hasn't watched it, then congratulations; here's a cookie.
Are you going to continue to only respond to select parts of a post and then go on tangents for your entire post? lol. I'm guessing you missed that entire part where I covered how the GIF applied to the paragraph below and above; and you said it for me.

Just admit you were wrong, apologize, and I'll forgive you.

Aria the Animation 1

I was going to point out the silly premise, the somewhat contrived writing and plot for this episode, the merely average art, the CG weathervanes...

but then it happened.

10 out of 10 "Ara ara"s, will continue to watch.

With Aria the thing is that it gets better all the time. Animation was endearing but little boring to me, Natural had already hints of greatness and Origination.....It was masterpiece. One of my all time favorites. It was so damn touching. More people should watch Aria ! It's severely underappreciated.

Steroyd

Nothing of the sort, all you had to do was post a picture/gif of actual chibi art to go with your chibi art comment to articulate yourself better.

2002 one was done by Toei. 2006 one was done by KyoAni. They're pretty much the same thing story wise but with varying levels of pacing.

oh and 2002 has symbolism

symbolism.gif

I'll watch the KyoAni version. Have the feeling 2002 version might be something like Clannad movie.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
:/ That's completely ridiculous.
K-ON!! - Episode 10

The episode also had a few other random highlights, like Mugi achieving her dreams (aim low!), and Yui being an idiot (aim...somewhere!)
Truly an inspiring show of RAW RAW fight the power and all that.
School Days 7

You know how I said the friend of "best" girl is obviously yuri. I retract that statement. She isn't pure at all. She is vicious and manipulative. In fact this school is full of manipulative people. Even characters with hardly any screen time have decided being bitchy is the only way to get noticed on this show.

The "girlfriend" (who is one of the few people I currently feel sorry for) is a yandere ticking bomb waiting to happen. "Best" girl seems to forgotten that most of this trouble is her fault and M.C.Dick has become self aware. However saying that, thanks to the despicable actions of friend of "best" girl, he came off as semi reasonable this episode. Though that isn't saying much since he's still a dick.
Wow. I hadn't noticed how meta it becomes.
My Little Monster - Episode 2

Another great episode. I find the characters in the show really interesting, and the chemistry between them really works. The show continues to be extremely visually appealing, and I'm a huge fan of the pacing. It's nice to see a school setting in anime which isn't focused on club activities, but having an academic angle instead. It's pretty uncommon I think, since KareKano is probably the only other show of this sort I can really think of at the moment. Brains Base continues to win! <3

Edit: Oh, I really liked the ED too. In general I'm a fan of EDs which take the liberty of using different types and adding variety to the show. :D
Oh shit, this is Brains Base? No wonder it's so gorgeous.
[Giant Robo] 5 - 7

...and the like. See what I mean about the lack of mecha action? Sure is a misleading title.
Face it people, mecha is for nerds and nobody wants to be associated with that.
[Magi] - 1
Wait why did you post the same screencap twice?
Adele is fat.
Halfway to OT2. Great job guys!
Impressive with how the season is barely started. Too bad discussion will fizzle out around the sixth week. OT4 will forever be a utopia.
*then... a shitload of posts about waffles or some crap like that nobody cares about*
Finally caught up! I last posted WAAAY back on page 150 at the start of the weekend and then by the end of the weekend the thread was on about page 190 or so for me. That's like 40+ pages in just two days! The thread is now on page 203 for 50ppp...

I need a rest now...

http://i.imgur.com/QC1bT.gif
I've stopped trying to read every post.
Regulus Tera can still be my husbando, right?
trejo's gonna get jealous.
Magi 1

The tit groping had me roll my eyes. Unnecessary.
Welcome to every fucking shounen ever.
Jojo 1

Jojo's dad is an asshole.
I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about that. I guess Dio's flamboyancy overshadows Jojo's dad's bad parenting.
Probably nsfw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WfaXNiMMvCQ

What did they do to you, Cutie Honey??! :(
Do all Japanese women have such fabulous hair?
In hopes of saving my marriage I am continuing Utena

http://www.abload.de/img/vlcsnap-2012-10-08-215jrno.png

I thought this said lasers...
Kashira? Kashira? Gozonji kashira?
Yikes! D:
That's... fattist? Is there a word for discrimination against obese people?
goodness gracious
Tonari looks like chibi art.
not really, no
Did Quidditch run over your dog or something?
It's a shitty sport bro.
Asuna's an idealized waifu. It's what she was made for.
Can people stop shitting on Nia then?
Now y'all just bein mean.
AnimeGAF thread

After Dark
Freaking Epona had better animation in Ocarina of Time.
is slayers revolution r any good? i enjoyed the originals
It's about as good as the originals.

Which means it is a franchise that hasn't aged well.
I wonder what the next exciting title in the genre will be...
I Didn't Know She Was My Sister and Now I'm Her Baby Daddy

It sounds like a Maury episode.

sonicmj1

I wasn't going to dwell too much on it, but this exact thought crossed my mind. And it's licensed too? My word...

It's not licensed. This is apparently related to "Sweet Asoko Online", which is completely different. In fact, I'd venture to say that this entire line of conversation is off-topic.

Why would you drag your sick onahole fetish into a perfectly wholesome anime thread?

cajunator

Banned
Don't be mean. I don't think TurkishEmperor is ready for troll recommendations.

Unless... you're so far down the rabbit hole you genuinely prefer the 2002 version?

2002 version is....well its SOMETHING.
Also some of the characters are kind of cute. You know, derpycute.

Why should I read and watch all the cheap My little sister rip-offs if I can watch Oreimo S2?

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai 2nd Season PV: http://youtu.be/cYrHPyGxjwE

Inject it into my veins. Dripdripdrip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom