• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'll do it too.

To Love Ru Darkness

It's like the manga, but censored. Of course, the sexy isn't really toned down at all, just whited out. I don't think I really care enough to wait for the BDs, but I also don't immensely care about the show in the first place, so maybe I will.

From the New World

Interesting premise and atmosphere marred by uninteresting and barely explained dialogue. The intros are cool, but that's about it. May watch only those, but otherwise, dropped.

Magi

A godly source getting a butchered opening. I don't know if I can dissociate myself from the manga enough to really enjoy this, but I'm confident the Balbadd arc will be well done. It's just a shame that a solid intro was turned into something with inconsistencies and shoddy development.

Psycho Pass

It's a cool cyberpunk story. That's really all I need to enjoy it. The first half or so of the first episode was slow and boring, but it was good build-up in retrospect after the exciting 2nd half. Butch does it again.

Robotics;Note

As a fan of the Science series anime, I'll give this a good chance. For now, it's kind of slow, but the setting is interesting enough to keep me watching even if it is wildly different in tone from both Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Far and away above my expectations. I was hyped for Battle Tendency and saw Phantom Blood as a necessary evil, but David Production was able to bring the most uninteresting part of the franchise to animated format, and elevating it above the source material with even more exaggerated poses and delivery. Possibly the best show of the season so far.

If It wasn't for my Delusions, I would have Fucked 100 people by now

I am not a fan of Kyoani's character designs, nor am I fan of their adaptations of vapid works. With the promise of action-packed delusions, I went into this with an open mind, but didn't really see much to keep my attention. Think I'll wait for a delusion compilation, so dropped.

Zetsuen no Tempest

Well-choreographed fight scenes that will hopefully be much more prominent than in the manga. I can ignore the nonsense if the show at least gives me that.

Gintama' Overdrive

It's Gintama. That means it's hilarious.

Btooom!

A shoddy adaptation of a manga I really enjoy. The OP is very good, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it as an adaptation. That being said, I like the source enough to tough it out and watch this whole thing.

K

I like the action and I'm a lot more forgiving of the direction than some people, but that color scheme does bother me a bit. It's not enough to make me drop it, but hopefully I'll get used to it. I'm more concerned about understanding the story than that honestly.

Ixion Saga DT

It's amusing if not laugh out loud funny. I don't think I'd compare it to Gintama like some people here are, but I'm having enough fun to stick with it for now. Definitely one of the fresher "teleported to a fantasy world" premises I've seen if only because the main is a 4th-wall breaking nerd.

Code:Breaker

As an adaptation, it's pretty damn good. Unfortunately, the source has recently made me ragequit, which will definitely color my impressions of the anime even if it is well-produced. Of course, it's not like it wasn't making me angry even in the earlier phases. I do want to see how certain... brutal scenes are handled. Ogami's burning was even more detailed than I expected it to be, so future developments will be interesting at least.

Litchi de Hikari Club

This has absolutely no reason to exist. Will keep watching.

Hayate no Gotoku: Can't Take my eyes off you

One of the weirdest "adaptations" I have seen. It's combining certain story portions, and I really have no clue where they're going with it. I'll keep watching because the best character is in it, but I don't know if I can really be optimistic about future developments.

Medaka Box Abnormal

Fast-paced, Nisio nonsense, fights, trolling. It's everything I wanted out of this. I'm mostly anticipating the ending, just to see if they do it the way I want. With the amount of trolling they've already done, I'm starting to think they actually might do it.

Teekyu

It's not even 3 minutes of random nonsense. Definitely something I can deal with week to week.

Branduil

Hidamari character designs looks like a steaming pile of shit... not even Nichijou looks that... strange? What's the deal with this character design?

ikl2A3VQsxF4i.gif

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I think y'all need to take your PP talk to the OT. Havin a heavy discussion for it in here sorta defeats the purpose of the OT don't it?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Someone had the AUDACITY - lol jk - to make a speculative dub list for SAO. It'd be cool if some of these came true.

Kirito: Todd Haberkorn
Asuna: Cristina Vee
Klein: Troy Baker
Silica: Sandy Fox, PERFECT LOLI VOICE!
Agil: Travis Willingham
Lisbeth: Laura Bailey
Sachi: Stephanie Sheh
Yui: Stephanie Sheh
Akihiko Kayaba: Liam O'Brien
Kuradeel: Keith Silverstein

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Going for Japan to beat France because I'm still mad about kurtofan's comments in the olympics thread.

edit: wtf this is not football thread

Soma

Dennou Coil End

ibmk5uGmdBftDC.png

There are few things as awkward as watching a tear-jerker ending of an anime with another grown male feeling just as emotional as you are.

That was a great ride. The show is one of the most charming and thought-provoking anime I've seen in a long time which is really awesome considering (from what I understand) that this was a show aimed a younger audience when this aired. While it took a few episodes for me to like the character designs and while the show felt really slow from episodes 14-19, the conclusion was extremely satisfying. Not gonna lie the scene with
Illegal Densuke showing Yasako the way out
in the last episode nearly got me good. I really loved most of the cast of the show and even ones I didn't like previously somehow grew on me as the show continued. The show felt similar to a Miyazaki film at times in terms of presentation and how all the themes were handled. After not really digging what I've watched of Serial Experiments Lain, I really feel that this show did an amazing job at exploring the concepts of a world where augmented reality is the normal way of life.

On one hand I feel bad that I held off on this show for so long but on the other hand it gave me an opportunity to introduce this anime to a good friend of mine and we had a great time marathoning it together. The beard episode was amazing on its own but having another person laughing hysterically alongside with you is just something that can't be replaced.

Dennou Coil End

That was a great ride. The show is one of the most charming and thought-provoking anime I've seen in a long time which is really awesome considering (from what I understand) that this was a show aimed a younger audience when this aired.

When he conceived the show, Mitsuo Iso had the admirable goal of making smarter children's entertainment. Sadly, that didn't quite work out as he had hoped.

Fantastic show, of course.

cajunator

Banned
Dennou Coil End

ibmk5uGmdBftDC.png

There are few things as awkward as watching a tear-jerker ending of an anime with another grown male feeling just as emotional as you are.

That was a great ride. The show is one of the most charming and thought-provoking anime I've seen in a long time which is really awesome considering (from what I understand) that this was a show aimed a younger audience when this aired. While it took a few episodes for me to like the character designs and while the show felt really slow from episodes 14-19, the conclusion was extremely satisfying. Not gonna lie the scene with
Illegal Densuke showing Yasako the way out
in the last episode nearly got me good. I really loved most of the cast of the show and even ones I didn't like previously somehow grew on me as the show continued. The show felt similar to a Miyazaki film at times in terms of presentation and how all the themes were handled. After not really digging what I've watched of Serial Experiments Lain, I really feel that this show did an amazing job at exploring the concepts of a world where augmented reality is the normal way of life.

On one hand I feel bad that I held off on this show for so long but on the other hand it gave me an opportunity to introduce this anime to a good friend of mine and we had a great time marathoning it together. The beard episode was amazing on its own but having another person laughing hysterically alongside with you is just something that can't be replaced.

WHY IN THE HELL WAS THIS NOT PICKED UP BY A US DISTRIBUTOR?

*RAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom