• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Oh, the numbers that were past the earlier cutoff showed up from the Weekly Sales Rankings for September 17-23:

*1,888 *1 Rinne no Lagrange season 2 [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/21
*1,370 *1 Binbougami ga! [BD]: 2012/09/21 *DVD-BOX available 2013-01-29

And those Lagrange numbers are purely from the BD; the DVDs for it didn't rank even in the extended listings.

Some other non-first volumes from the same BD rankings:

*1,356 *1 Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE v8
*1,028 *1 Sankarea v4
**,713 *1 Sengoku Collection v6
**,622 *1 Hiiro no Kakera v4

Jex

Here's the best argument that I can muster for why moe isn't something that's limited to female characters:

acceltoast.gif

And for no reason at all:

accelpig.gif

Narag

Pig with guns makes me want to watch Accel World more than toilet discussion, in-game gifs of who knows what, and my latent sense of masochisim combineid.

Jex

Pig with guns makes me want to watch Accel World more than toilet discussion, in-game gifs of who knows what, and my latent sense of masochisim combineid.

There's actually not that many sequences with pigs and guns. Just so that you're not, y'know, disappointed.

Oh, the numbers that were past the earlier cutoff showed up from the Weekly Sales Rankings for September 17-23:

*1,888 *1 Rinne no Lagrange season 2 [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/21
*1,370 *1 Binbougami ga! [BD]: 2012/09/21 *DVD-BOX available 2013-01-29

And those Lagrange numbers are purely from the BD; the DVDs for it didn't rank even in the extended listings.

Some other non-first volumes from the same BD rankings:

*1,356 *1 Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE v8
*1,028 *1 Sankarea v4
**,713 *1 Sengoku Collection v6
**,622 *1 Hiiro no Kakera v4

Does that rule out a Return to Kamogawa?

Sengoku Collection can't even muster 1frt now that there's no useless DLC shit included, hahah.

Actually, there is still DLC shit packaged.

bonus CD with a radio program, digipak, clear sleeve case, download code, refill Vol.6 for Sengoku Collection COLLECTORS BOOK (a set of 8 kinds)

Just remember that's the BluRay and why would people buy that if the DVDs are much cheaper.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Actually, there is still DLC shit packaged.

Just remember that's the BluRay and why would people buy that if the DVDs are much cheaper.

Right, I forgot about the bizarro world circumstances surrounding this.

I wonder if people are just throwing away their dvds after getting their code.

Nobuna 10

Truth be told, your choices of girls aren't all stellar either.

So, I guess that's how they deal with Oichi. Meh.

Blah, blah, emotions and whatever. That cliffhanger really means nothing to me anymore.

Jarmel

Banned
Wow I can't believe I didn't hear about the Lelouch movie.

Can't wait till my hopes are dashed and it's not a sequel to R2.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch x365 SP 2

ib10wakM3rg7MM.PNG

Cool cow.

For a second I thought those boys were interested in Miyako herself. They just wanted a
see-through shirt bra-peek
(which failed anyways). Close call!

Neat "dream state" introduction aside, this was a fairly average special, with some unfortunate visual hiccups. The EX special was the strongest of the three.

iujCVjhbFCG9d.PNG

"Clown out to sea." That's a good "art" title, right?

DiGiKerot

Anime on Demand:
K
Crazy Girl Anime
HidaSketch x Honeycomb
Busou Shinki

Crunchyroll:
Hiiro No Kakera Season 2
Gintama'
Hayate No Gotoku! Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World)

It's a battle to the death!

HidaSketch will probably end up on Crunchy (North America only) as well, though. Infact, I'd imagine most of the stuff on AoD will be streaming to the US somewhere - wouldn't surprise me if Sentai had The Girl With The Umbrella Thingy too and were just keeping it to leave as a big announcement to wrap up the weekend with...

duckroll

HidaSketch will probably end up on Crunchy (North America only) as well, though. Infact, I'd imagine most of the stuff on AoD will be streaming to the US somewhere - wouldn't surprise me if Sentai had The Girl With The Umbrella Thingy too and were just keeping it to leave as a big announcement to wrap up the weekend with...

Fair point. We'll have to wait I guess. I just wanted to make list wars! ._.

Jex

So I watched Akito and it was actually a lot better than I expected.

I know the main questions on everyone mind has to be: how does the CG animation actually look in motion? The answer is, unfortunately a little wishy-washy: sometimes it looks pretty good, other time it sticks out like a sore thumb. At least when it's used well they really exploit to the fullest:

akitoindex.gif

DiGiKerot

Fair point. We'll have to wait I guess. I just wanted to make list wars! ._.

Indeed. I think Crunchy learnt their lesson when it comes to licensing announcements, though, and the last season or two it seems like they've felt the shows with the most regional restrictions until last. The AoD duplicates will come last.

Also, for those who don't follow the AoD twitter, apparently their last announcement for the season on Wednesday (show number 6 apparently) isn't being announced Tuesday because it's something that has to be coordinated with then other partners are announcing things... Something big, maybe?

Steroyd

Anime on Demand:
K
Crazy Girl Anime
HidaSketch x Honeycomb
Busou Shinki

Crunchyroll:
Hiiro No Kakera Season 2
Gintama'
Hayate No Gotoku! Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World)

It's a battle to the death!

An actual UK vs USA list is... oh damn I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom