• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Ah, but you don't have to talk about the director. They could just be like "from the studio behind Stand Alone Complex", although, then again Ghost in the Shell is generally more popular overseas. This is why I don't get involved in marketing anime.

Erm, but they did. The trailer lists:

Chief Director - Katsuyuki Motohiro (Bayside Shakedown series)

Director - Naoyoshi Shiotani (Blood-C The Last Dark)

Story Concept/Script - Gen Urobuchi [Nitroplus] (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)

Character Concept - Akira Amano

Animation Production - Production I.G. (Ghost in the Shell series)

In that order!

I just wanna say only 5 days until Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb

1348918495403iyik8.jpg

Kokoro Connect 13

Ill put this arc as my favorite one of the three thus far. I really liked the randomness of it and just the intensity of the drama this episode was really good. Aoki getting development and background this arc was good too.

An interesting question posed that I do not think I would have the ability to make a quick response of if I was in the characters place
I wonder how it would have went if she chose to go back in time to some part of her life and take this second chance. Would have been something good to entertain, though I guess it would change how she is in the present or even her relations with the friends. Oh and that was also a surprising moment with her mom finally taking charge and kicking that dude out

Best moment was
Kid Taichi

Do wonder what the next arc is?
Michi random was that in reference to it, and that love scene was kind of awkward

Maedhros

This is the righteous choice.

Agreed.
Shows that are largely "Slice-of-Life" with some comedic elements and those that are largely comedy with some "Slice-of-Life" elements can potentially contrast as night and day.

Any other favorable shows you identify with as "Slice-of-Life", Maedhros?
That can help boil it down.

Does Boku wa tomodachi ga Sukunai count? I think it's just a comedy. Lucky Star, K-ON, Nichijou, Azumanga Daiyo... these count more like SOL.

I like comedy in general, but I get really bored after some episodes of their antics... I've got bored of Lucky Stararound the 15th episode, but finished it anyway. It was... ok.

The type of comedy I like are the likes of Binbougami-Ga (partially anyway), Gintama... ones full of gags and parodies. Parodies are what attracts me to Nichijou and Lucky Star (at least, the references).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I just wanna say only 5 days until Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb

Looks like my cue to get marathoning. Hosanna, Ultima, and others have talked the finer points to death so I'm just going to blow through without episode impressions. LET'S DO THIS.

Jex

"The following is a notice of a message that was removed due to inappropriate behavior and fear of bans. Thank you for your time." - Kayos

It would be better if it said that it was edited by a mod. Sadly not. Not that it matters, you've been quoted anyway.

Look at you, not wanting to be banned!

Articalys

I figured that while I was sleeping, this thread would turn into the Psycho-Pass OT. Show does look nice, though. Anyway.

---------------------------------

Saimoe Round 2 - Groups E & F, Day 2 Results

E2
1st 283 Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches
2nd 229 Yayoi Takatsuki @ The Idolmaster
3rd 103 Sanae Nagatsuki @ Squid Girl

F2
1st 280 Kirame Hanada @ Saki
2nd 224 Haruka Amami @ The Idolmaster
3rd 135 Kanna Tanigawa @ Ano Natsu De Matteru

----------------------------------

Today's matches:

- Hibiki vs. Rin vs. Charlotte

- Kuro vs. Nyaruko vs. Ryuuka

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online 13

Sort of disappointed at what I expected to be one of the best episodes of the series turned out to be nothing more than just mere hype. Judging for what the episode tries to do, however, it wasn't too bad.

In fact it's one of the better episodes in the series easily because of the character revelations. We get a lot of insight into the deep psychological workings and breakdown of both Kirito and Asuna and it's very interesting. Having said that though, the manner in which this comes about is meaningless and uninteresting. Delegation a large chunk of the episode for meaningless events just so they can get out of the way shows the show's inherent flaw of trying to get the audience to the important aspects of the narrative.

While the focus is very much on the development of Kirito and Asuna and how their relationship truly works, the audience will most likely be enticed by the latter parts of the episode but the studio for some reason still decides to use stillshots for fighting rather than actually animating. having said that it was still very cool but ends abruptly making it feel like a major tease. I will note that the use of CG isn't too terrible since it gets acrosss the organic creepy movement.

Not a terrible episode but by no means the best.

Ultimadrago

Looks like my cue to get marathoning. Hosanna, Ultima, and others have talked the finer points to death so I'm just going to blow through without episode impressions. LET'S DO THIS.

Handling all of that Ume-sensei within a span of five days...

Is such a thing even possible?
=========================
Does Boku wa tomodachi ga Sukunai count?

I've never watched it, but I believe it identifies as romance comedy.

I love both of these, and I'm sure they aren't SOL... lol. Neither is Blood-C.

*ehem*
slice off lives
I beg to differ!
Look at you, not wanting to be banned!

They grow up so fast.

cjkeats

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai/Haganai: Add-on Disc Episode 13

A pretty typical episode. First regular episode with short haired Yorza before Season 2.
The gang take turns writing a story, and it goes...places.
Gang rape
feet licking
brother complexes
, and more
giant robot sex

Damn hilarious as this series as always been.
4 months to season two. I'm ready for more meat.

Jex

Erm, but they did. The trailer lists:

Chief Director - Katsuyuki Motohiro (Bayside Shakedown series)

Director - Naoyoshi Shiotani (Blood-C The Last Dark)

Story Concept/Script - Gen Urobuchi [Nitroplus] (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)

Character Concept - Akira Amano

Animation Production - Production I.G. (Ghost in the Shell series)

In that order!
I don't read moon runes.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

jbug617

Banned
Kokoro Connect 13

Ill put this arc as my favorite one of the three thus far. I really liked the randomness of it and just the intensity of the drama this episode was really good. Aoki getting development and background this arc was good too.

An interesting question posed that I do not think I would have the ability to make a quick response of if I was in the characters place
I wonder how it would have went if she chose to go back in time to some part of her life and take this second chance. Would have been something good to entertain, though I guess it would change how she is in the present or even her relations with the friends. Oh and that was also a surprising moment with her mom finally taking charge and kicking that dude out

Best moment was
Kid Taichi

Do wonder what the next arc is?
Michi random was that in reference to it, and that love scene was kind of awkward

Yeah that
love scene was really random at the end. I guess Iori will decide if she really loves Taichi or feels gratitude towards him.
I heard that the next arc won't be airing on TV and will be a dvd release only. I'm really hoping that's not the case but we will see. Also they needed to show more
kid Taichi. It's quite obvious he has personal problems also

Yeah that
love scene was really random at the end. I guess Iori will decide if she really loves Taichi or feels gratitude towards him.
I heard that the next arc won't be airing on TV and will be a dvd release only. I'm really hoping that's not the case but we will see. Also they need to show more
kid Taichi

I hope not either, waiting until March/April is torture!

Narag

Dead Heat

MPUC1l.png
DjRyml.png
ynaCKl.png

There used to be all sorts of mechanical animators. No doubt they died off drawing neat stuff rather than passing along this dominant genetic trait to a new generation. :'(

1987 OVA about racing on bipedal motorcycles. It starts off kinda slow as you're just dropped into this group of friends that support their other friend that races. An open race is et to occur soon where folk across all ranks can compete against one another. Mysterious hobo shows up to give them a top tier engine and then they're off. It certainly picks up some once they arrive at the race and during the race itself.

It does have that feeling I get from other OVAs from this time where it feels like an idea to be animated came up first and the story was built around it. The more I watch, the more I feel that complete self-contained OVAs are more exception than the rule. Not everything can hit the gold standard like Riding Bean but I wish more would get closer.

Qsn7Ol.png
pIY55l.png

J7x61l.png
vZKJIl.png

Probably the most interesting thing behind the race itself was the seven minute supplemental material that had key animation shown off with appropriate attribution to whomever did the animation.

Jex

Accel World OVA

This set up was excessively stupid. Normally this would be a bad thing - but in the case of Accel World, this actually allows the show to play to it's strengths - crazy, no-holds barred action sequences. Sunrise really let themselves go on this one.

Time in game - 75%.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Accel World OVA

This set up was excessively stupid. Normally this would be a bad thing - but in the case of Accel World, this actually allows the show to play to it's strengths - crazy, no-holds barred action sequences. Sunrise really let themselves go on this one.

Time in game - 75%.

Well yeah. They were like, "We can do whatever the fuck we want? HOLY SHIT LET"S GO BANANAS!"

I heard that the next arc won't be airing on TV and will be a dvd release only. I'm really hoping that's not the case but we will see.

Indeed; the TV broadcast has officially concluded. The airing details for the final arc will be announced in a few days, and there will probably be some form of online streaming for those last four episodes prior to the BD release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom