• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Well that and the source material being poor to begin with.

I'm sure we have someone who doesn't like Azumanga. I seem to recall someone talking nonsense about Nichijou was better than it.

I am apathetic towards Azumanga, probably trending just a pinch to the "don't like" side. Because for whatever reason I associate Azumanga with Lucky Star, and I hate Lucky Star.

jman2050

I'm serious... I'm saying it because I liked it as well, and I find that having at least someone else in here that shows passion for it is cool, to me.

My Toradora bro.

Yet I agree with Regulus that I can't expect everyone to share my inpeccable taste. Alas, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Maedhros

Lucky Star was the last Slice of Life show I've really seen in my life... pointless genre, not my thing at all, I don't like this aspect of otaku culture, moe and cute things, waifus and whatever...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I actually bought Azumanga. Shocking I know.

And Lucky Star still has some of the best EDs of all time. I don't know what they fed that chap before filming, but they certainly made me laugh.

Steroyd

It's O.K., I know you liked Toradora! as well, nothing else is needed for me...

Looking back on it retroactively, Toradora by JC Staff, with Okadabot and a Kugiloli for a main character... the odds were heavily against it of it actually turning out good. o_O

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Lucky Star was the last Slice of Life show I've really seen in my life... pointless genre, not my thing at all, I don't like this aspect of otaku culture, moe and cute things, waifus and whatever...

Watch K-on, it's actually good. and not otaku culturey.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You will get people telling you S2 is better. Do not listen to these people.
FrUBa.gif

/XX/

Tú eres mi hermano del alma, realmente mi amigo...
¡Vas a hacer que me sonroje, compañero del alma!

My Toradora bro.

Yet I agree with Regulus that I can't expect everyone to share my inpeccable taste. Alas, that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Toradora is still the best, don't worry. ^^
Looking back on it retroactively, Toradora by JC Staff, with Okadabot and a Kugiloli for a main character... the odds were heavily against it of it actually turning out good. o_O
My good pals!

Maedhros

And you genuinely enjoy SAO? Huh...

Yes. I watch it for the action and MMO antics, not the plot or something like that. It gives me cool battles. And I've already read the novels for the story (even though I agree there's a lot of bullshit there, like their "daughter" being backuped or the worst girl being the love interest).

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I've heard good things about Oh! Edo Rocket too.

There's a lot more to slice-of-life stuff than just cute girls doing cute things (but that's still the best type >_>)

Kazzy

Yes. I watch it for the action, not the plot or something like that. It gives me cool battles. And I've already read the novels for the story (even though I agree there's a lot of bullshit there, like their "daughter" being backuped or the worst girl being the love interest).

I find it lacking in almost every respect, particularly the battles. And I guess the novels go some way to papering over the cracks of the Anime's sloppy pacing.

Each to their own, though.

I've watched 3 episodes and dropped it like a rock under the bridge. It was easier to read it on manga form, but I was embarassed watching it. Not my thing, really.

If you didn't like it then, you probably wouldn't change your mind watching more. K-On pretty much stays the same for its entire run. I liked the show, but it ended up feeling really stale and repetitive by the 2nd half of season 2.

Ultimadrago

Nichijou seems interesting too, I'll try them.

This is the righteous choice.

The definition of "slice of life" being used here seems unhelpfully broad.

Agreed.
Shows that are largely "Slice-of-Life" with some comedic elements and those that are largely comedy with some "Slice-of-Life" elements can potentially contrast as night and day.

Any other favorable shows you identify with as "Slice-of-Life", Maedhros?
That can help boil it down.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just making sure, we're allowed to post scans from Newtype and stuff, right? As long as it's anime and not games.

Agreed.
Shows that are largely "Slice-of-Life" with some comedic elements and those that are largely comedy with some "Slice-of-Life" elements can potentially contrast as night and day.

It's not even "how comedic is it?" - when you've got people throwing out things as diverse as Mushi-shi and Kyousogiga, you know no one knows what "slice of life" really means.

Jex

It's more popular than Tokyo Marble Chocolate, which is the only other thing Shiotani has directed.
Ah, but you don't have to talk about the director. They could just be like "from the studio behind Stand Alone Complex", although, then again Ghost in the Shell is generally more popular overseas. This is why I don't get involved in marketing anime.

Pooya

waaait, you don't have to highlight spoiler tags?!! just clicking on them reveals the content?! I've been doing it wrong all this time ._.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
"The following is a notice of a message that was removed due to inappropriate behavior and fear of bans. Thank you for your time." - Kayos

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sword Art Online 05:

iNoSal.jpg

Why the hell does this show always waste its best character designs on minor characters?

It's a mystery. Kininarimasu!

This is marginally better than straight-up guild or relationship drama, I suppose, but good lord was this ever filled with some extreme hysterics, even for
someone targeted for murder. What's-her-face ain't freakin' out no more, lol.

Unfortunately, Asuna is a loathsome character and the clinging presence of this generic quasi-tsundere daki fodder is only going to further tease out the endless depths of Kirito's dull nothingness as the story progresses.

something something ass shots and boy does the character designer ever favor bare shoulders.

OceanBlue

waaait, you don't have to highlight spoiler tags?!! just clicking on them reveals the content?! I've been doing it wrong all this time ._.
Hah, I didn't know that. I thought it was just black highlighted text. :V
Links are still kinda annoying in spoilers though.

I think one of the common complaints is that the Little Busters art isn't typical KEY at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom