• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
3445946.jpg

Cool / old.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like this OT, it was well worth all the effort and headaches you guys must've went through to make it.

#communism, #dresden, #thisisanime

jman2050

Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden 5

The episode starts with the leaders of Vesper, the place Mahoro used to fight for, talking about the robot from the last episode and why it acted the way it did, again reminding me that there is likely a much better show going on while all this meido nonsense is going on. It transitions to a secretary reading a long letter from Mahoro, which describes the events of the episode.

I don't think I've ever seen the whole "Rumors of ghosts and scary things at school" premise ever done well in anime, and this is no exception. Mahoro, Suguru and the guys of the main group go into the school at night while the girls, having seemingly stay behind, instead plan to prank the group by acting out one of the ghost stories. Mahoro, not being a complete moron and spaz, catches on to the whole charade immediately but silently allows it to continue for the lulz. The boys get thoroughly freaked out and the girls laugh at their expense. The story then transitions to Mahoro finding the ghosts of the two lovers described by the rumor and calmly reunites them, allowing them to find peace and go to wherever it is Japan thinks ghosts go to. Oh, and there's more nonsense with the group finding the teacher and getting freaked out by the real ghosts, etc etc. I actually find the teacher and Mahoro to be the most interesting characters to watch, even if they fall into very strict archetypes.

The episode ends with the Secretary finishing the letter, the commanders all silently approving, followed by the biggest shock of the episode: A joke that actually works! Yeah it's another breast envy joke but the timing and reaction from everyone when Mahoro requests a "breast enlargement" in her letter is pretty much perfect. Oh right, android girl stops functioning in what, I dunno, a year or some shit? Ah no one cares anyway!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This shall be my first and only post in an anime OT, at least until Wandering Son gets a 2nd season.

Hello and goodbye.
I get this weird feeling that I know you from somewhere, but I can't pin it exactly. Hi all the same.

Dead

well not really...yet
So far I'm up to about episode 9 of Fate/Zero and am actually really liking it (though this latest episode seemed so obviously cut up for censorship)

Action is really good, characters are interesting with a mostly adult cast, and visual wise the best part about it imo is the color setting, I love how vibrant everything looks despite how dark it can get. For example Saber's hair, the way it glows looks pretty fab. But in general the animation quality has been very solid (with only one episode so far having subpar art).

Overall glad I decided to watch.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I get this weird feeling that I know you from somewhere, but I can't pin it exactly. Hi all the same.
The dicks you have seen are forever engrained in your brain.

Anyone else have a bad habit of sitting down to watch a show while you're eating, but immediately lose interest in the show when you finish eating?

So far I'm up to about episode 9 of Fate/Zero and am actually really liking it (though this latest episode seemed so obviously cut up for censorship)

Action is really good, characters are interesting with a mostly adult cast, and visual wise the best part about it imo is the color setting, I love how vibrant everything looks despite how dark it can get. For example Saber's hair, the way it glows looks pretty fab. But in general the animation quality has been very solid (with only one episode so far having subpar art).

Overall glad I decided to watch.

Glad you're enjoying it. Make sure you're watching the BD version so you can get episode 11 in its full glory.

Dead

well not really...yet
Glad you're enjoying it. Make sure you're watching the BD version so you can get episode 11 in its full glory.
Watching the broadcast version on Hulu

I never watch BD versions first. Like that if I like the show enough to buy it, ill have something to look forward to on a rewatch (though obviously if I decide to buy this show, it will be kinda expensive, lol, but wouldn't be the first time ive spent that kind of money on an animu :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware

cajunator

Banned
Thanks for reminding me that Aniplex USA hates the Southeast ;_;

Everybody hates the southeast. Except those of us living here.

savinganime22.jpg
savinganime22a.jpg

the size of the bunny drop box is absolutely ridiculous

What do you mean?
Bunny Drop is the same size as all the other NISA boxes I have. theres nothing different about it?
Also that ROD TV bluray set is kind of disappointing. the quality seems like an upscale and a poor one at that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah, the first time you see an NISA box set, you are shocked by its size.

Then you realize that you'll probably throw the art book and the case away 10 years from now because it doesn't fit anywhere.

Was ROD one of those crazy Aniplex 200 dollar specials? I can't remember.

No way the cases are awesome. I'll probably dedicate an entire part of my shelf at some point just to the NISA releases because the boxes are really nice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Still hating on Sword Art Online?

Well I can't blame you given these last two episodes but the glorious GLOP shall live on in our hearts.
Naw, SAO isn't bad on that level now. It's just a shitty harem anime that's worse than stuff like Dakara or Chocolate or Imouto.

If only Ryan Murphy wrote some episodes. :(

No way the cases are awesome. I'll probably dedicate an entire part of my shelf at some point just to the NISA releases because the boxes are really nice.
Eh, the one thing I have in common with one of the ANNCast dudes is that I'll probably end up putting all my physical media into binders and throw out all the cases. I'm seriously thinking of doing that with all my games now, actually.

Binbougami ga! 13

That was a nice last? episode. Very nice action going on with the fights, great comedy, a cool twist with what they been doing and a nice ending.

Nice to see some change in Sakura's character even if it did take so long for it to actually happen.

I do feel that this episode they went out of their way to troll us for a possible season 2. The in the shadows but still visible other Binbougamis, the whole Binbougami ga! Darkness segment. A season 2 would be awesome though.

wonzo

Banned
^ Cool pin.
savinganime22b.jpg

yeah it's a p. cool pin

and this is catchy as hell

Yeah, the first time you see an NISA box set, you are shocked by its size.

Then you realize that you'll probably throw the art book and the case away 10 years from now because it doesn't fit anywhere.
Yeah, it's quite impressive when you first see it.

Yeah, I was expecting it to be big but not that big.

What do you mean?
Bunny Drop is the same size as all the other NISA boxes I have. theres nothing different about it?
It's the first NISA set I've owned so...

Was ROD one of those crazy Aniplex 200 dollar specials? I can't remember.
Pretty much. The packaging is pretty over the top too.

Also that ROD TV bluray set is kind of disappointing. the quality seems like an upscale and a poor one at that.
It's an upscale but it does looks better than the DVD's due to a lack of macroblocking in the action scenes and the crazy as shit OP's.

I hope the second half of steins gate gets dated soon, I hate having the second part of the box empty...wish they did like Legend of the Legendary Heroes and A Certain Magical Index and sold both halves at the same time.
Take this with a grain of salt as it's ANN but they've got it listed for mid december.

cajunator

Banned
savinganime22b.jpg

yeah it's a p. cool pin

and this is catchy as hell

Yeah, I was expecting it to be big but not that big.

It's the first NISA set I've owned so...

Pretty much. The packaging is pretty over the top too.

It's an upscale but it does looks better than the DVD's due to a lack of macroblocking in the action scenes and the crazy as shit OP's.

Take this with a grain of salt as it's ANN but they've got it listed for mid december.

The blurays do look better. I have the DVDs and its an improvement, but its not nearly as clear as recent bluray releases.
You remember the original packaging? It was a book with plastic "pages". Fucking cool case.

sleepykyo

It’s ToLoveRu, that cesspool of manic fanservice, the quagmire of loose morals, stripped of any petty concerns like ‘storytelling’ and ‘quality,’ single-handedly responsible for declining birth-rates in Japan and the mental corruption of males worldwide. ToLoveRu Darkness was the spinoff-cum-sequel of the original manga, deviously born out of both shamelessness and rage, the product of a maddened cuckold furious at having drawn 2-D panties for a living even as another man lowered that of his wife. This is the anime for those without shame, for those who have fallen so low there is no turning back.

Sounds amazing.

On that note, great op.

survivor

Banned
Fall season is gonna start and I still haven't finished catching up on the summer anime. After Binbou, I'm planning on marathoning Moyashimo Returns and Utakoi. Plus I need to finish the rest of Hyouka, I think I left of right after the film arc.

wonzo

Banned
The blurays do look better. I have the DVDs and its an improvement, but its not nearly as clear as recent bluray releases.
Yeah, that's due to the SD source so it's as good as it's gonna get. :>

You remember the original packaging? It was a book with plastic "pages". Fucking cool case.
Do you have any pics as I can't seem to find any of the Geneon DVD sets.

bin laden oil money
saban did 9/11 confirmed

Rinne no Lagrange S2 06:

Yurikano
shit is still kind of incomprehensible.
The running joke of yurikano having to explain herself countless times that she isn't madoka was the only good thing about this episode.
Everything about yurikano , from her reveal , her attitude ( any version ) , her actions is nothing short of disapointing ..

Binbougami ga! 13

That was a nice last? episode. Very nice action going on with the fights, great comedy, a cool twist with what they been doing and a nice ending.

Nice to see some change in Sakura's character even if it did take so long for it to actually happen.

I do feel that this episode they went out of their way to troll us for a possible season 2. The in the shadows but still visible other Binbougamis, the whole Binbougami ga! Darkness segment. A season 2 would be awesome though.

i'd love for a second season .. there are clearly some nice joke episode to anime .. and this ojou sama arc to animate ...Using the chapter 34-35 as a 2nd season ending , we could have a awesome second season ...

MOMIJI FOR LIFE

Articalys

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Season 2 finally confirmed at last.

http://nyaruko.com/

(if you still get the countdown page due to your time zone, just click the bar at the bottom of the screen to get to the normal home page.)

Looks like there's also announcement videos from each member of the main cast, but good luck watching them if you're outside of Japan. Stupid region blocking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom