• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
He's kind of got a point. Honey Boo Boo and Toddlers and Tiaras are far worse than any anime out there, yet they're mainstream hits.

I have no idea what these are. Is this some kind of bad TV shows?

I'm actually a bear IRL, but when hibernation season comes around, I gain human-like features.

Because someone had to for that image:

15gV7.jpg

Dont do that to goddess Sawa :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
HNNNGH. Cant wait!

what do you mean?
That's a pencilboard by the way.
I think it's just the weird pose... looks like something you'd see in a more suggestive magazine. lol

Binbougami ga end

This show. This fuckin show. I couldn't have asked for a better adaptation for the first super great arc in the series. Excellent finale that ended up being even more heartwarming than the manga's equivalent chapters.

But of course, it wouldn't be the Gintama team without some major trolling/teasing:

I'm pretty happy with how this show turned out. Great energy that translated well from the manga, nice Hamazu music (as unfitting as it may be), good casting. My only real complaint is the ordering of stuff. Both of the first Tsuwabuki episodes didn't have to be so close together. The manga had some entertaining one-offs between those and it worked well. Here, it was a bit redundant. I like the stories themselves, but the placement was eh.

Other than that though, everything was great-excellent. A solid series that will easily be in my top 10 for the year.

Now to hope for a season 2 that will probably never come :(

I feel like I should go back and watch the last 5 episodes... but... eh.

I actually means to use this in good context, but because I don't feel like editing it to stop before the yawn:
Zombies is both exciting boring at the same time. :p

----

Speaking of which: Don't Fuck Your Sister finale was so fucking stupid. Not just the revelation, but how the revelation itself was handled. Even scrubbing through it, it was still bad. lol
And of course, it doesn't matter anyway because it they went with a
non-ending

At least they showed a preview for some show about figures coming to life and having mech battles:

Binbougami ga 13 (end)
tumblr_mayx2g4kCN1r4jpm5o1_500.jpg

Overall a boring final episode. The ball was even dropped badly too, I mean I was actually pretty hyped and on the edge of my seat at one part but then, well :(
Momo v Ranmaru and Momo looked so epic in his pose on top of the truck and throwing down, but then of course the dumb plot gets in the way and she runs all over him, awful direction :(
. At least I did get Keita. The ending credit stuff looked intriguing though I guess its more to get people to get the manga, which I probably wont.

--
At the end of the day the anime was decent, the main character was awful and contrary to the characters in universe declaration, she was dull
I wish she actually did change but she is still the same as before, just now with one or two friends with her...
. Shes tied with Medaka from Medaka Box and Weaksuna (SAO) as worst female characters of the year.

Anyway the series really took off once Keita was involved whom needed way more screentime and his family were great characters to bring along. I liked their drama more than any that involved Tityko. Momo was amazing too. I did like how the "fanservice" episode was, pretty fair way to handle it.

6/10, will probably still buy it from Funimation I guess.

Actually only licensed anime this season that I watched that I wont buy will probably be Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.

trejo

Roughly a 2,500 BD+DVD per volume average.

*2,445 - Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (Winter, 6 vols)

Daily Lives of High School Boys (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou) *1,151+*1,295=*2,446 (6) (Sunrise/NIS of America
2012/04/03 *1,992 Vol. 1 Limited Edition (Two episodes up to Vol. 6)
2012/05/02 *1,106 Vol. 2 Limited Edition
2012/06/02 *1,150 Vol. 3 Limited Edition
2012/07/03 **,943 Vol. 4 Limited Edition
2012/08/02 **,794 Vol. 5 Limited Edition
2012/09/04 **,919 Vol. 6 Limited Edition
2012/04/03 *1,702 Vol. 1
2012/05/02 *1,395 Vol. 2
2012/06/02 *1,071 Vol. 3
2012/07/03 *1,264 Vol. 4
2012/08/02 *1,118 Vol. 5
2012/09/04 *1,220 Vol. 6

Red = BD​

:(

Thanks for the replies bros.

So... what would you say are the chances we at least get a couple of OVAs to wrap the whole thing off? Give it to me straight. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks for the replies bros.

So... what would you say are the chances we at least get a couple of OVAs to wrap the whole thing off? Give it to me straight. :(
What's there to finish off though? It's a comedy series...

Looks like Busou Shinki.
I'll have to take your word for it.
I wonder if hot glue is involved, etc, etc.

Binbougami ga 13 (end)

6/10, will probably still buy it from Funimation I guess.
At least watch the last 3. And if 11 breaks your mind, skip to the last few minutes and then watch the last 2.
A negative review from DTL though... lol

Ah, we'll see. Real TV is back though... although with the end of Louie my Thursdays are dead again. :(

Branduil

Folks, i dont believe not for a damn min that yall been played for suckas.

Its simple really.

Dance Moms.

Honey Boo Boo.

Toddlers and Tiaras.

if all of these were anime yall be in Jail point blank.

but because its "controlled" and "live action" and "pyhcologists everywhere to protect the kids" it gets ratings.

That is the reason why i stopped complaining about moe and let the dudebros keep talking about their blindness.

iTcBcGNj6rrVp.gif

Binbogami - END
TyqQgl.jpg

YES!!! .. oh wait fake ending

The first major arc is adapted and they did it pretty well.
i've said it before i really hope they adapt the other chapters as well ..there is plenty of stuff to do with nadeshiko ( yeah ) , bobby ( f*ck yeah ) , and the other gods ( the god of fortune arc in particular )

I need another season..

Dead

well not really...yet
Theres a few shots in that trailer that look pretty nice, then theres 99% of the rest of the trailer

Dresden

----

Speaking of which: Don't Fuck Your Sister finale was so fucking stupid. Not just the revelation, but how the revelation itself was handled. Even scrubbing through it, it was still bad. lol
And of course, it doesn't matter anyway because it they went with a
non-ending

At least they showed a preview for some show about figures coming to life and having mech battles:

So I guess they never did show just who the imouto is.

Does anyone know how the LNs or manga or w/e the fuck they are turn out?

Branduil

The more active shots making quick camera motions look fine, but otherwise the lack of detail on the models and the awkwardness of their movements stands out.

It's like they decided to take the worst of both worlds for no real reason. It's a full 3D movie so there's no real reason to go with a fake-2D style.

duckroll

It's like they decided to take the worst of both worlds for no real reason. It's a full 3D movie so there's no real reason to go with a fake-2D style.

Well, creatively there's no reason NOT to go with a fake-2D style either, if that's the intention. After all, CG is just an means to an end. How the visuals are expressed would be up to the creators to decide. Just like there is nothing wrong with 2D animation trying to mimic a 3D camera or a moving background sequence, there is also nothing wrong with using CG to achieve a 2D look.

Ultimately the problem here is that it looks kinda iffy, but I feel the intent itself should not be criticized. After all, using celshaded CG to create a 2D look is hardly a new or controversial art form.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What about Glee lol
Oh god. Help me... please. :(

Is Kurt going to abandon the most boring boyfriend in the world in order to work at Vogue? Why do I care?!

So I guess they never did show just who the imouto is.

Does anyone know how the LNs or manga or w/e the fuck they are turn out?
No no no,
they reveal the imouto. It just doesn't matter. lol

This could mean a very good or bad thing.
This is true. lol

I'll hopefully be checking out Tiger & Bunny - The Beginning tomorrow afternoon for a review. Will post some quick impressions here first.

I loved the series despite its second half issues. A likable cast goes a long way for me.

Branduil

Well, creatively there's no reason NOT to go with a fake-2D style either, if that's the intention. After all, CG is just an means to an end. How the visuals are expressed would be up to the creators to decide. Just like there is nothing wrong with 2D animation trying to mimic a 3D camera or a moving background sequence, there is also nothing wrong with using CG to achieve a 2D look.

Ultimately the problem here is that it looks kinda iffy, but I feel the intent itself should not be criticized. After all, using celshaded CG to create a 2D look is hardly a new or controversial art form.

Well, there are practical reasons for video games to use cel-shading to achieve a 2D look. I don't see any real reason for them to use CGI if they want it to look hand-drawn. Just use traditional animation if you want a movie that looks like traditional animation.

Enron

Banned
A certain
(un)
lucky animegaffer will eventually be the recipient of this grab-bag box of shit anime!

d3nzdla

WHAT MANNER OF DOOM DOES THIS BOX CONTAIN??????

cajunator

Banned
A certain
(un)
lucky animegaffer will eventually be the recipient of this grab-bag box of shit anime!

d3nzdla

WHAT MANNER OF DOOM DOES THIS BOX CONTAIN??????

That reminds me of when Ryuukan sent me a gigantic box of anime stuff. Except it wasnt shit. It was all of GTO, Ranma 1/2, and video Girl Ai.

duckroll

Well, there are practical reasons for video games to use cel-shading to achieve a 2D look. I don't see any real reason for them to use CGI if they want it to look hand-drawn. Just use traditional animation if you want a movie that looks like traditional animation.

There are lots of practical and stylistic reasons for it. Making a film in CG means you have a full 3D camera to play with, along with actual full 3D environments. This makes a huge difference in what you can actually achieve in turns of direction. There's nothing wrong with wanting to have those tools to make a film with, and also wanting it to have a hand-drawn look. The tools are function, the visual look is artistic. It's not either or.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom