• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Fall season is gonna start and I still haven't finished catching up on the summer anime. After Binbou, I'm planning on marathoning Moyashimo Returns and Utakoi. Plus I need to finish the rest of Hyouka, I think I left of right after the film arc.

I think I still have a couple I need to wrap up myself. Will spend the weekend doing just that.

jman2050

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Season 2 finally confirmed at last.

http://nyaruko.com/

(if you still get the countdown page due to your time zone, just click the bar at the bottom of the screen to get to the normal home page.)

KuXhO.png

Hopefully they'll have at least two new jokes this season.

Aren't you a YuruYuri fan?

survivor

Banned

(if you still get the countdown page due to your time zone, just click the bar at the bottom of the screen to get to the normal home page.)

Looks like there's also announcement videos from each member of the main cast, but good luck watching them if you're outside of Japan. Stupid region blocking...

So this shitty show gets a second season and Nichibros is dead? Fuck anime

Thoraxes

Rinne no Lagrange S2 06:
fwiw, they do mention the whole deal about
body and soul/consciousness and memoria later.
It's done a little convolutedly, but I found it pretty easy to understand. Yet again, I always watched every episode twice.
They might as well announce Kore wa Zombie S3 at this point. lol
I actually means to use this in good context, but because I don't feel like editing it to stop before the yawn:

vclIv.gif

YESSSSSSSSSS

wonzo

Banned
How much did Nichibros sell anyway?
Daily Lives of High School Boys (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou) *1,151+*1,295=*2,446 (6) (Sunrise/NIS of America
2012/04/03 *1,992 Vol. 1 Limited Edition (Two episodes up to Vol. 6)
2012/05/02 *1,106 Vol. 2 Limited Edition
2012/06/02 *1,150 Vol. 3 Limited Edition
2012/07/03 **,943 Vol. 4 Limited Edition
2012/08/02 **,794 Vol. 5 Limited Edition
2012/09/04 **,919 Vol. 6 Limited Edition
2012/04/03 *1,702 Vol. 1
2012/05/02 *1,395 Vol. 2
2012/06/02 *1,071 Vol. 3
2012/07/03 *1,264 Vol. 4
2012/08/02 *1,118 Vol. 5
2012/09/04 *1,220 Vol. 6

Red = BD​

:(

Binbougami ga end

This show. This fuckin show. I couldn't have asked for a better adaptation for the first super great arc in the series. Excellent finale that ended up being even more heartwarming than the manga's equivalent chapters.

But of course, it wouldn't be the Gintama team without some major trolling/teasing:

ImPN0.jpg

cV4XJ.jpg

They recreated so many specific iconic scenes in this little montage :/

I'm pretty happy with how this show turned out. Great energy that translated well from the manga, nice Hamazu music (as unfitting as it may be), good casting. My only real complaint is the ordering of stuff. Both of the first Tsuwabuki episodes didn't have to be so close together. The manga had some entertaining one-offs between those and it worked well. Here, it was a bit redundant. I like the stories themselves, but the placement was eh.

Other than that though, everything was great-excellent. A solid series that will easily be in my top 10 for the year.

Now to hope for a season 2 that will probably never come :(

Novid

Banned
Folks, i dont believe not for a damn min that yall been played for suckas.

Its simple really.

Dance Moms.

Honey Boo Boo.

Toddlers and Tiaras.

if all of these were anime yall be in Jail point blank.

but because its "controlled" and "live action" and "pyhcologists everywhere to protect the kids" it gets ratings.

That is the reason why i stopped complaining about moe and let the dudebros keep talking about their blindness.

cajunator

Banned
fwiw, they do mention the whole deal about
body and soul/consciousness and memoria later.
It's done a little convolutedly, but I found it pretty easy to understand. Yet again, I always watched every episode twice.
I actually means to use this in good context, but because I don't feel like editing it to stop before the yawn:

vclIv.gif

YESSSSSSSSSS

Your avatar is so appropriate for so many occasions.

Looks like there's also announcement videos from each member of the main cast, but good luck watching them if you're outside of Japan. Stupid region blocking...

September 27th, 2012. The day comedy died...again!

New season! Yayyy!
It kind of sucks! Nooo!

Also Wall of Shame:

Code:
KO Traveling Hobo	369
jbk5DptJNXQ8wy.jpg

Branduil said:
You know, I think one show that actually got the formula right, which is funny because it's pretty old, is Columbo. This is of course because the central conceit of the show is that the mysteries literally do not matter, because there are none; we see the criminal committing the crime at the beginning of each show. The reason it works is because we're interested in seeing how Columbo catches them, not what actually happened.
Measuring something against Columbo just isn't fair. That glorious, googly-eyed bastard was in a league of his own -- far above today's riffraff.

Whenever that real pic month comes around again, i've got an appropriate image to live up to my bears.
Every month is real pic month!

cajunator

Banned
Folks, i dont believe not for a damn min that yall been played for suckas.

Its simple really.

Dance Moms.

Honey Boo Boo.

Toddlers and Tiaras.

if all of these were anime yall be in Jail point blank.

but because its "controlled" and "live action" and "pyhcologists everywhere to protect the kids" it gets ratings.

That is the reason why i stopped complaining about moe and let the dudebros keep talking about their blindness.

What in the bloody hell of fucks are you talking about?

Thoraxes

Every month is real pic month!

I'm actually a bear IRL, but when hibernation season comes around, I gain human-like features.

Tari Tari 12

Quote:

Everything feels average. Just average. Maybe I'm just not invested enough into the festival and school things, but everything is just moving along and I'm like ok. Sure, whatever.

At least Taichi finally found his role in the show. As a gofer.

Because someone had to for that image:

15gV7.jpg

Accel World end

Awesome game world fight stuff! Awful everything else! I literally laughed out loud every time someone burst into to tears in the second half. This show was pretty bad but the occasional well animated fight scene made it bearable. Still I think I like this more than SAO. At least I feel something for these characters even if its contempt most of the time. SAO just leaves me feeling cold and indifferent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom