• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really? Did BRS look like this? I don't actually want to go back and watch it, but BRS at least looked like it was drawn if you didn't scrutinize it too much.

The Black Rock Shooter CG segments looked much better, but then they were overseen by Imaishi, a director with a sense of style, instead of Seiji Kishi and his complete lack of style.

Unbreakable machine doll - 01

yaya is cute , yaya is love ...

Well this episode had plenty of good things that could have been better if the presentation had been better ...i don't plan on dropping this anime yet , but it should set-up his game quickly or else, only yaya figurines will sell.

bansheebeat

Neo Member
Coppelion 1

Hopefully this shapes up to be better than K. Kana Hanazawa's character is a great plus, although that might have to do with that I'm a huge HanaKana fan.

Loving the backdrop animation though

Somehow, the term itself managed to outlast both franchises.
don't remind me

Syrinx

Im hurt Syrinx :(
Although Laura is lovely.

Okay I admit I said that just to see what reactions I'd get. Charles is all right for now, but I suspect things will only go downhill once it's revealed that she's a girl (which she obviously is, seriously, how stupid can they get?).

Though I also suspect that Laura will also officially become part of the harem and will also be ruined because of it.

CorvoSol

Fucktory Shitdamn 35

There's so much wrong with this episode I won't bore you with the gory details. But seriously, how fucking awful of a leader/character/military man can Chumpticle Asser really be? I mean, it's gone to the point where even if his role in the plot was meant to deconstruct Char, it's absurd. He's so fucking worthless.

Fatass bastard sits in his fucking chair drinking juice boxes like he's two years old while his bitch does his fighting for him. She tells him they've got a Gundam. He tells her to ignore it and shrugs off even the thought of inquiring how the fuck the got it.

IT IS THE LATEST AND MOST POWERFUL GUNDAM IN THE KNOWN REGIONS. Using it would sew confusion among your enemies and grant you an inarguable advantage against those LM punks. IT'S A FUCKING GUNDAM. IT KICKS YOUR ASS AT EVERY ENCOUNTER AND INEVITABLY DESTROYS YOUR STUPID AS FUCK MOBILE ARMORS.

But because it doesn't have a wheel, no way can we use it! Oh, and also how about his battle plan: As long as I rely on my enemies unwillingness to KILL ME WITH NUCLEAR FIRE I am sure to win!

WAY TO FUCKING GO SHIT ASUKA.

HEIL ZANSCARE!? WHEN THE FUCK DID THE ZANSCARE BECOME FUCKING GERMAN SPACE NAZIS. THEY AREN'T THE ZEON OR EVEN CLOSE TO THEM. HOLY SHIT NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. THIS IS ALL WRONG.

FUCK YOU TOMINO YOU PIECE OF SHIT HACK WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

Articalys

ISML has finally dragged itself to the conclusion of its 2013 season. And the winner amid all the rules, regulations, and (probably) tactical voting is...

RURI "KURONEKO" GOKOU
picture

Joule

The Tatami Galaxy 10 & 11 - End

The switch-up they did for the OP and ED of the final episode was pretty clever.

ANYWAY. Fantastic finale! The way everything ties together is just amazing, and definitely warrants a rewatch at some point. When I started this show, I honestly didn't see it ending up as emotionally as it did, but it exceeded my expectations by a lot. Such a good show, thanks for telling me to watch this, AnimeGAF. :)

Next up, The Flowers of Evil! The second worst kind of flower!

I was actually kinda disappointed we didn't see more of Akashi and Watashi together after the excruciating build-up over the series, but on the other hand I also kinda liked it like that.

Out of curiosity, has anyone read the novel of The Tatami Galaxy?

I think the bit that really made me smile at the end (beyond Watashi finally getting it right) was he took on a Ozu-like teasing manner on Ozu himself. He's having fun with life at last!

I'd be interested in reading the novel as well considering both Tatami and Uchouten have such good adaptions. The base material must be quite decent at least.

Syrinx

Spice and Wolf II 6

This show can get hard to follow sometimes with the economic talk, so I'm not entirely sure what just happened at the end of this episode, but it seems like Amarty is styling all over Lawrence. Also Lawrence sees him with Holo at the market. He looks kinda fucked.

wonzo

Banned
It's not their fault if you can't see the Metroidvania influence in RWBY.
deadrose.png

don't forget the dark souls namedrop for true indie bottomfeeder cred (and kickstarter $$$$$)

Sure, but it does have an effect on your standards.
Not really. Urda is another CG "indie" thing and while that has terrible models it more than makes up for it with some great layouts and direction and I have no qualms comparing it with some higher budgeted productions.

Narag

Not really. Urda is another CG "indie" thing and while that has terrible models it more than makes up for it with some great layouts and direction and I have no qualms comparing it with some higher budgeted productions.

where's a new romanov higa production for me to consume? :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Non Non Biyori 01
9umsH5O.jpg

uchouten kazoku s2
What the heck? There is actually some pretty incredible stuff here. How did Silver Link make something that looks this nice? There are these really rich background that are used really well to establish the country setting, and the show does an excellent job of finding just the right amount of time to emphasize the environment. In fact its timing is pretty strong in every sense, and it uses that well regarding the comedic aspects as well. Jokes loop around through the episode appropriately, and the show is never really overbearing with its humor. It isn't constantly striving to be funny, instead its subtle brand of humor sneaks in at just the right points to really instill the show with this lighthearted atmosphere.

Narag

I think I'm just gonna stop it there, cause that seems to be as good an ending as the series is going to get. "Then a new transfer student from Germany joins the class and promptly smacks Ichika in the face.

The end!"

You haven't even met Houki's sister yet!!

Gazoinks

I think the bit that really made me smile at the end (beyond Watashi finally getting it right) was he took on a Ozu-like teasing manner on Ozu himself. He's having fun with life at last!

I'd be interested in reading the novel as well considering both Tatami and Uchouten have such good adaptions. The base material must be quite decent at least.

Yeah, that reversal at the end was very cleverly done, and it really added a lot to both Watashi and Ozu's character in one quick gestures. Perfect way to end the show
I also like that you saw a brief glimpse of Ozu's real face in... Episode 7? Somewhere around there.

Sadly I looked up the Tatami Galaxy novel in English and, while there is a translation project, it's only up to page 38.

The Flowers of Evil 1

This bodes well, I feel.

The rotoscoping didn't bother me as much as I expected it to. I'm not normally a fan of it, but on reflection that's more when paired with traditionally animated stuff like in the old Disney movies. When everything is rotoscoped it works (except the lip-synching). Not much else to say yet.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Okay I admit I said that just to see what reactions I'd get. Charles is all right for now, but I suspect things will only go downhill once it's revealed that she's a girl (which she obviously is, seriously, how stupid can they get?).

Though I also suspect that Laura will also officially become part of the harem and will also be ruined because of it.

its like youre psychic or something :p

MEANWHILE AS SQUARE ENIX IS COMPLETELY DEAD TO ME...

Storm is happening at midnight or so, with 75-90 MPH winds, so I'm probably gonna take my leave unless miraculously I don't lose any power (or die from a tree).

CorvoSol

MEANWHILE AS SQUARE ENIX IS COMPLETELY DEAD TO ME...

Storm is happening at midnight or so, with 75-90 MPH winds, so I'm probably gonna take my leave unless miraculously I don't lose any power (or die from a tree).

If they'd localize Type-0 I could quit them forever.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think I'm just gonna stop it there, cause that seems to be as good an ending as the series is going to get. "Then a new transfer student from Germany joins the class and promptly smacks Ichika in the face.

The end!"
Nah, it's like they drug the water in that school so all the girls, regardless of their original personality, become moeblobs. There's no escape after they enter.

No us release for any of the 3ds dragon quest games

No 3ds/vita release for dragon quest 8

No easily downloadable version of dragon quest 1-7 nes/snes/psx/gbc on 3ds/vita/consoles/pc

And now dragon quest 1-8 coming to iOS

I'm so glad I've gotten back into anime so much, gaming has been making me more depressed lately. Nintendo is like the only beacon of hope

Defuser

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta ep 1
I don't ever recall the first series ever have fanservice pantsu shots or being so moe designs. How do this series managed to get a few OVAs, now a remake despite the first series bombed so badly?

CorvoSol

No easily downloadable version of dragon quest 1-7 nes/snes/psx/gbc on 3ds/vita/consoles/pc

I'm so glad I've gotten back into anime so much, gaming has been making me more depressed lately. Nintendo is like the only beacon of hope

And even then, their baffling refusal to implement an account system is crazy.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

PC Gaming is a beacon hope against the opposition of mobile devices.

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta ep 1
I don't ever recall the first series ever have fanservice pantsu shots or being so moe designs. How do this series managed to get a few OVAs, now a remake despite the first series bombed so badly?

The heavy male-gaze and panty shots threw me off guard, I wasn't expecting them from this show. That opening shot is especially bad.

jman2050

And even then, their baffling refusal to implement an account system is crazy.

Considering Nintendo's account system a dealbreaker with the industry as it is now is like being set on fire and refusing to jump into the river or roll over because it'll ruin your clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom