• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qsbk0WQ.png

What is THAT from?

Madoka Magika 08-09

Kyouka takes the lead of best character in the show with Homura/Sayaka/Madoka in a three-way battle for second best.

I was surprised in Episode 8 I was starting to question Kyubei's role as the main antagonist during his talk with Madoka. For a moment he seemed nothing more than a base neutral party but then Homura showed up and went OVERKILL. Then the episode ended with Sayaka turning into a witch with only Kyouko there to witness it. The music in that specific scene was fucking awesome.

Episode 9 came along and apparently Kyubei is... AN ALIEN! Yeah, not really happy with that and the psuedo-scientific explanation for Magical Girls kind of rubs me the wrong way. I would've preferred that Kyubei was actually a god/mythical creature of some sort instead of an emissary of the universe but whatevs. You do what you gotta do I suppose.

And you know how I was hoping/predicting for Sayaka's death? Well I expected it, but damn the show threw a double-whammy and took our both her and Kyouko simultaneously. It was here were I actually felt the feels and had to pause/take a breather to register what had happened. Just when Kyouko became best character she is snuffed out, this is like Game of Thrones shit here.

And finally, the Wasu-something.... big bad witch that is coming, I predict that is actually future Madoka somehow where she had already became a Magical Girl but was eventually transformed into a witch.

I find Kyouko to be the most 'rational' human of all the characters despite her being a Magical Girl. Homura is a realist with her humanity held back and Sayaka being a
realist with her humanity/emotion let loose. Madoka is an optimist but has her worldview gradually cracking as these events transpire to what I predict is going to shatter eventually.

Still enjoying it however there's only 4 episodes left from this point on, it's ending too fast!

Scratch

Kanon (2006) 24 END

Well at least it ended with a good feeling. Very touching.

Overall, not bad. Yeah, there's a lot of cliches, it leans like crazy on supernatural events, the characters can be pretty annoying at times, it's fully of KEY moeblobs, and the first couple episodes really drag.

But...I liked it. It has charm and an honesty about it. There's these overarching themes of hope and promises and dreams that are told with such honesty that even in the midst of the cliches, I couldn't help but admire it.

this is pretty much all Key stories in a nutshell. The least offensive of this formula being Clannad, though even that one had its moeblob (starfish girl i will never forgive).

i agree though, even with these silly tropes and supernatural plot twists, i still enjoy them. now the real challenge is if you can get through the cesspool that is little busters the animation.

No us release for any of the 3ds dragon quest games

No 3ds/vita release for dragon quest 8

No easily downloadable version of dragon quest 1-7 nes/snes/psx/gbc on 3ds/vita/consoles/pc

And now dragon quest 1-8 coming to iOS

I'm so glad I've gotten back into anime so much, gaming has been making me more depressed lately. Nintendo is like the only beacon of hope

Maybe for Japanese games to have some form of relevance, but as a whole? Might as well have a PC to go with your system.

And even then, their baffling refusal to implement an account system is crazy.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if crazy is underselling it here.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

I remember seeing that a while back. I still find it funny that it's not on mal

this is pretty much all Key stories in a nutshell. The least offensive of this formula being Clannad, though even that one had its moeblob (starfish girl i will never forgive).

i agree though, even with these silly tropes and supernatural plot twists, i still enjoy them. now the real challenge is if you can get through the cesspool that is little busters the animation.

I'm down for a challenge

Madoka Magika 08-09

Kyouka takes the lead of best character in the show with Homura/Sayaka/Madoka in a three-way---

YUS

I find it hilarious how people get hung up over the science bit, but I understand when they try to explain something that doesn't entirely need to be explained.

Gazoinks

YUS

I find it hilarious how people get hung up over the science bit, but I understand when they try to explain something that doesn't entirely need to be explained.

I never really thought about it before, but
it does feel kind of weird that they have this pseudo-science thing for such a supernatural series.

In other news, Sayaka's whole character arc is probably the most feelsy thing for me in the series. ;_;

I never really thought about it before, but
it does feel kind of weird that they have this pseudo-science thing for such a supernatural series.

In other news, Sayaka's whole character arc is probably the most feelsy thing for me in the series. ;_;

I personally think no one actually likes her. In universe I mean. You'll see what I mean in the next episode.

This needs to be part of the El Cantare Laws of the Sun series.

:( Little Busters is great

CorvoSol

Considering Nintendo's account system a dealbreaker with the industry as it is now is like being set on fire and refusing to jump into the river or roll over because it'll ruin your clothes.

I'm not considering it a dealbreaker. More like something that sours the deal a bit. There really is no reason for it at all nowadays.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if crazy is underselling it here.

Point is they ought to fix that shiz.

YUS

I agree with this sentiment in a way. The whole supernatural concept didn't need an in-depth explanation but even if it did it should've stayed within the supernatural theme instead of a pseudo-science bomb. Kind of throws you out of the loop. It doesn't particularly bother me as I'm more invested into the characters but I can see how it can alienate others.

Nafe

The Irisu pics are truly apt.

You have no idea.

tumblr_m7l9avyqUs1qao70vo1_500.gif

Doh, it seems I did. Remembered you having doubts in that conversation and I guess that expanded in my mind over time.

I forgot about the rope too.

(Spoiler is in reference to the end of the film arc in Hyouka)
I feel like most people probably forget about the rope. I know I did, and it made that end of Episode 10 really crazy.

Haha, after Oreki gave his conclusions about the movie one of my first thoughts was
what about the rope?

Infinite Stratos 5

Oh shit, transfer student from Germany, and the first thing she does is smack Ichika in the face. Awesome! Screw Charles, this girl is where it's at.

Another for Team Laura!

Though I also suspect that Laura will also officially become part of the harem and will also be ruined because of it.

You're catching on.

Uh, this still annoys me. Laura is still a cool character but the fact that they have her interested in Ichika is so...bleh. It feels so mean towards all the girls.

I think I'm just gonna stop it there, cause that seems to be as good an ending as the series is going to get. "Then a new transfer student from Germany joins the class and promptly smacks Ichika in the face.

The end!"

True end is Laura knifes him.

zeroshiki

Kill La Kill - 01

Really good animation and kinda funny visual gags. The art design is really interesting and the direction is strong (I guess). While I'd like to say that they did a good job in making the contrast between the school and the town where the school gives of this oppressive vibe while the outside doesn't, I don't know WHY that should be true. What kind of world is this and why are people being forced to go to this school?

The story is stupid as shit though. I'm not a fan of all the fanservice and that godawful uniform Ryuuko is wearing. Will keep watching until it gets too uncomfortable.

Point is they ought to fix that shiz.

The worst part is that not only do we not have proper accounts on either current game system from them (especially the Wii U), but adding people on Wii U isn't even done well at all. You can't just add people via friendlists and expect them to get it. You have to do it over MIIVERSE in order for them to get the response, otherwise it'll be left on deaf ears.

I agree with this sentiment in a way. The whole supernatural concept didn't need an in-depth explanation but even if it did it should've stayed within the supernatural theme instead of a pseudo-science bomb. Kind of throws you out of the loop. It doesn't particularly bother me as I'm more invested into the characters but I can see how it can alienate others.

Well I have my fair share of "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU EXPLAIN THAT" moments in life.
Like the whole why Nightmare and Ridley ended up on the ship in Metroid Fusion. That shit did not needed to be explained.

I've already watched the show, although I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to.

Don't read this if you're currently still watching Madoka (it's fine if you're done)

Because Sayaka always get the shit end of the stick in the deal, and she doesn't even get another shot at living when things get fixed. That's what I mean by no one really liking Sayaka.

Gazoinks

Don't read this if you're currently still watching Madoka (it's fine if you're done)

Because Sayaka always get the shit end of the stick in the deal, and she doesn't even get another shot at living when things get fixed. That's what I mean by no one really liking Sayaka.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. (Madoka ending spoilers)
Sayaka does have a sort of satisfying ending, but in more of a "happy to move on" way than anything. Of course, the whole ending of Madoka is pretty melancholy in that sense she doesn't actually stop the death or the fighting. She makes it better, but it's still... not great. Sayaka does kind of feel like her role in the story is basically to hammer in all of the darkest and most hopeless points the story's making.

In conclusion: Oh Gen. Oh you.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. (Madoka ending spoilers)
Sayaka does have a sort of satisfying ending, but in more of a "happy to move on" way than anything. Of course, the whole ending of Madoka is pretty melancholy in that sense she doesn't actually stop the death or the fighting. She makes it better, but it's still... not great. Sayaka does kind of feel like her role in the story is basically to hammer in all of the darkest and most hopeless points the story's making.

In conclusion: Oh Gen. Oh you.

Pretty much.

Speaking of MAL, MALUpdater has been complete shit lately.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
MEANWHILE AS SQUARE ENIX IS COMPLETELY DEAD TO ME...

Storm is happening at midnight or so, with 75-90 MPH winds, so I'm probably gonna take my leave unless miraculously I don't lose any power (or die from a tree).

May moe protect you.

Seriously stay safe.

Narag

How does MAL explain things like Avatar and Megas XLR, then?

Avatar: The Legend of Korra (13913): American animation.
Avatar: The Last Airbender (13915): American animation.
Mega XLR (13963): American animation.
Avatar:The Last Airbender (18057): American animation.

Narag

Time Jam: Valerian & Laureline (4441) - French-Japanese production that was never released in Japan (and thus, does not meet guidelines)

vaderno.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, after Oreki gave his conclusions about the movie one of my first thoughts was
what about the rope?
The whole way that played out
was wonderfully meta. Horror twist at the end of a conversation about horror plots and twists.

Uh, this still annoys me. Laura is still a cool character but the fact that they have her interested in Ichika is so...bleh. It feels so mean towards all the girls.
It's not her fault, it's the drugs the school forces on everyone. :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I like to periodically check my MAL to see what's been hit with the weeb stick recently, and sure enough, the great nihongo purity purge is still managing to find new victims.

Branduil

I like to periodically check my MAL to see what's been hit with the weeb stick recently, and sure enough, the great nihongo purity purge is still managing to find new victims.

I like how they weebify everything even when the image has the English title in it.

Articalys

I'll spare everyone the pain of going to MAL and paste what they consider worthy of their precious site:
I still use it because I like their interface more, and I despise the Hummingbird quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom