• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-san

Outbreak Company

Yaknow, for something with such a premise that could wind up being utterly stupid this wasn't half bad. The Main Character has his moments of stupidity (that bit with the ears springs to mind) but there's something in here (it's half elfs, it's always Half Elfs) so yeah, let's see where this goes.

Knowing it's from the Scrapped Princess dood there's bound to be something to this.

wonzo

Banned
I'm all for ambiguous ending but the the finale of Gatchaman CROWDS really felt like it was missing some massive chunks, doubly so after all the production issues throughout it (and the fucking recap in episode 11 which actually worked too damn well.) Maybe the announcement hinted on twitter is a Directors Cut, OVA, or even a Season Two.

… I need more Hajime-su so bad it hurts. :(

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Unbreakable Machine-Doll Episode One:

Yea, stopped watching when the main girl was practically throwing herself at the MC and he was having none of that. That is GXP levels of bullshit and I will have none of it.

wonzo

Banned
If this little *SPOILERIFIC* chart for Diabolik Lovers doesn't convince you to watch (or stay the fuck away from) it then I don't know what will.

What apparently missing from that is
Bestaility and Sacrifical Offerings of Girls from "the church" which are either used for Bloody Orgies or are given to the Boys to rape and torture (or are killed and become part of one's "doll" collection.)

Quasar

And onto more of the new season pile.

Unbreakable Machine-Doll, Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova - both were OK, though I liked the former marginally more. Mostly I think because of the interaction between Yaya and her owner.

Yowamushi Pedal - I really liked this, much more than the baseball show. Which is quite a surprise. I think if I stick with any sport show this season this will be it.

Non Non Biyori - quite liked this. A bit of a suprise. I figured it would be more like Tamayura, but really it reminded me much more of Minami-ke. And not just because of Ren who reminds me of Chiaka in someways.

Quasar

Avatar: The Legend of Korra (13913): American animation.
Avatar: The Last Airbender (13915): American animation.
Mega XLR (13963): American animation.
Avatar:The Last Airbender (18057): American animation.

I don't even know why they are even included. Of course I feel the same way about hummingbird.

I'm all for ambiguous ending but the the finale of Gatchaman CROWDS really felt like it was missing some massive chunks, doubly so after all the production issues throughout it (and the fucking recap in episode 11 which actually worked too damn well.) Maybe the announcement hinted on twitter is a Directors Cut, OVA, or even a Season Two.

Yeah, I didn't much care for that episode. After managing to enjoy the show enough to be excited for the finale, despite the hacky production and occasional ham-fistery, having it end on the unsatisfying side of ambiguous was a downer. I thought they dropped the ball with ODs scenes in general as well. I would take any of the options you mentioned for continuation.

Thoraxes

Unbreakable Machine-Doll - 01

Outside of the bad CG, I liked this. Yaya is a hnnggh monster, there's already a tsundere, and DAT YAYA VOICE.

Will Watch.

aaasaxsh8.gif

Embrace the duckroll future, for we can't escape it.

cnet128

Banned
Today, my Kabukimonogatari novel reading has taught me that Arararararagi is a big fan of Heartcatch Precure and religiously watches it every Sunday morning. (He reflects that he should probably have remembered to do his summer homework when Precure ran an episode about forgetting to do summer homework XD) It's a shame that the anime adaptation has to omit most of these random references to other properties that the series likes to make. Araragi clearly has excellent taste.

...Incidentally, it looks like the summer homework episode of Heartcatch aired on Sunday August 22nd 2010, whereas this story is set on Sunday August 20th 20XX. But then, Shinobu points out immediately after Araragi brings this up that it doesn't even make sense for the story to be taking place in the same year as Heartcatch is airing, soyeah. Shinobu why you so meta.

This is the same series where Araragi gives up his habit of not calling his sisters by their names in Nekomonogatari Black, chronologically before that habit is introduced in Nisemonogatari, so I don't think it really cares about things making chronological sense =p

cajunator

Banned
Madoka Magika 06-07

Shit is going down. Last two episodes have made former-antagonist Kyouko to become likable and badass in her own way.

Ending of episode 6 was great when Madoka essentially killed Sayaka there for a minute. Fortunately Homura came to save the day and Sayaka's life, however the jig is up for Kyubei regarding his soul-stealing contract with Magical Girls. I would've preferred Sayaka to stay dead to drive the shock factor deeper having her best friend's death in Madoka's own hands. Still enjoyable though despite my wishes.

I still believe Kyubei is eventually going to be revealed as the main antagonist of the series, however instead of being malevolent I find him more of a 'chaotic neutral' nature from Homura's description of him. Really curious to see what a witch actually is and if Kyubei had something to do with their creation.

Episode 7 is what really made Kyouko shine and became likable plus shows the true (unintended) consequences of Sayaka's contract. I'm still predicting/hoping for her death sometime.

No I'm not sadist >_>

Kyouko is my favorite in Madoka Magica next to Homuhomu. She ended up being a quite deep character and a loveable one imo.

Non Non Biyori
Episode 1

Well that was a very relaxing first episode. Ren-chon is probably the most adorable character this season.

Well, Yaya exists so thats wrong. but I would accept a runner up.

Unbreakable machine doll - 01

yaya is cute , yaya is love ...

Well this episode had plenty of good things that could have been better if the presentation had been better ...i don't plan on dropping this anime yet , but it should set-up his game quickly or else, only yaya figurines will sell.

Hmmm. yeah the production isnt all there, but good god Yaya.
If only figurines sell I still consider it a success :D

Okay I admit I said that just to see what reactions I'd get. Charles is all right for now, but I suspect things will only go downhill once it's revealed that she's a girl (which she obviously is, seriously, how stupid can they get?).

Though I also suspect that Laura will also officially become part of the harem and will also be ruined because of it.

You have good prognostications and charles does indeed take a downturn but shes still the best girl.

ISML has finally dragged itself to the conclusion of its 2013 season. And the winner amid all the rules, regulations, and (probably) tactical voting is...

RURI "KURONEKO" GOKOU
picture

This contest ends with great success. You can all go home now.

Conan-san

Cold on Blue Steel; there's something there and I'll defend Seiji Kishi's work to the death but this is skating on thin ice for me with that CG nonsense.

Diabolik Lovers 3

"If you look up the word "spineless" in the dictionary you will find a photo of him beside it."
-Boring Vampire

After deciding he will no longer take such vicious burns lying down, earphones vampire participates in a game of darts for ownership rights of pancake-chan. How will his victory affect the course of the show and his relationship with his brothers? Not at all apparently, because we move on to....

Diabolik Lovers 4

Which features fedora twat front and centre as he spots pancake-chan accidentally eavesdropping on his moonlit rooftop monologue. How embarrassing for him. He proceeds to go into stalker mode and some how rigs a public phone box to call his mobile instead of the actual number dialled. Who knew he was such a talented comms engineer? After the chase gets old the show opens up a plot thread in the form of pancake looking at a news broadcast on a giant screen and muttering a random German sounding name before passing out. After some atheist douchebaggery we close out on the rapiest scene in the show yet, courtesy of fedora twat.

Despair seems to be a central theme here. The "nice" vampire is actually an asshole, there is no God, phones don't work like you thought. Definitive storytelling.

mAcOdIn

More viewings!

Infinite Stratos 2 - 1
I don't know why I bothered with this considering how bad the first season was and I can't decide if this episode was a homage to the fans or a slap in the face to the fans. Luckily, I suppose, I don't count myself as a fan so I'm not insulted just bored So, anyways, this show opens with some more Ichika Jesus dreams in the clouds, whatever. I'm sure it's important and relevant but I can't seem to care. We're quickly reminded exactly how dense Ichika is immediately after he awakes and for the remainder of the episode I think Ichika is the only character in character which is sad considering how razor thin everyone else's characterization was before. I guess I'm going to say the show was insulting, I'm sure the rabid fans of worst Char and Laura were supposed to represent the normal Infinite Stratos fandom as they oohed and awed at Charlotte and Laura's every move but to me it was just grating. There's not one unattractive character in the show so why these two flip all the other girls yuri switch I'll never know. Anyways, we're treated to a shitty mech fight that happens off screen, then we're treated to some shitty dress up shit with Laura, some shitty maid and butler shit, some terrible gun play that seemed totally out of place since we don't really ever see these characters do something like that before and considering that they can summon giant fucking robots or even just parts of the robot at will so why do they even need to resort to guns in the first place, an unusually astute Laura regarding cooking and romance that was so out of character I'm convinced that a different show's script got mixed in during production, that'd also explain the gun play earlier, and then some water park antics that seemed like an after thought that was barely animated despite being the actual focus of the show.

Only highlight of the episode, and I use highlight loosely, Charlotte says Ichika no echi again. Whoopee. Not only was this a bad episode in a bad series, it may be the worst Infinite Stratos episode ever!

Log Horizon - 1
This was just dull, but not so bad like Infinite Stratos I have anything to say about it.

Outbreak Company - 1
Uh, man, this is just too grating. Not really a fan of coming up with ways to make knowledge of stupid shit like moe into some great thing.

Strike the Blood - 1

You know, the show's pretty dull but I don't see why the overpowered guy that can turn out good or evil is always so understanbding when they send a middle school girl to be their handler. To me that's insulting. Not to spit in the face of middle school girls that have trained all of their short lives in the art of combat but stop. Please. You can't try and build up the potential threat of your main character with crap like "you've got equal power with the whole military" and shit like that and then slide into "so they sent me to watch you and possibly eliminate you." Seriously? I mean, could you? If one middle school girl can kill the main dude how strong is he really? Writers, if you're just itching to find a reason to throw a younger girl into your story please find a better reason, this crap doesn't cut it.

Pooya

still no preview for first episode of GD? :\

I'm going to assume the 45sec PV we got is entirely from first episode then which actually makes sense.

Branduil

If this little *SPOILERIFIC* chart for Diabolik Lovers doesn't convince you to watch (or stay the fuck away from) it then I don't know what will.

Bestaility and Sacrifical Offerings of Girls from "the church" which are either used for Bloody Orgies or are given to the Boys to rape and torture (or are killed and become part of one's "doll" collection.)

This would probably be more disturbing if I understood how to read this chart.

cajunator

Banned
MEANWHILE AS SQUARE ENIX IS COMPLETELY DEAD TO ME...

Storm is happening at midnight or so, with 75-90 MPH winds, so I'm probably gonna take my leave unless miraculously I don't lose any power (or die from a tree).

Whats wrong with Square Enix? (not that Im a fan of them either)
Also stay safe buddy! I know what 70-90 mph winds can do to an area. It leaves a mess.

No us release for any of the 3ds dragon quest games

No 3ds/vita release for dragon quest 8

No easily downloadable version of dragon quest 1-7 nes/snes/psx/gbc on 3ds/vita/consoles/pc

And now dragon quest 1-8 coming to iOS

I'm so glad I've gotten back into anime so much, gaming has been making me more depressed lately. Nintendo is like the only beacon of hope

Nintendo is my happy squee company. Theyll always provide something a bit different even if theres a lot of bullshit to deal with alongside it.

RIP icarus

iIev9uNg959bK.gif

I saw. Why'd she have to post that? :(

Madoka Magika 08-09

Kyouka takes the lead of best character in the show with Homura/Sayaka/Madoka in a three-way battle for second best.

I was surprised in Episode 8 I was starting to question Kyubei's role as the main antagonist during his talk with Madoka. For a moment he seemed nothing more than a base neutral party but then Homura showed up and went OVERKILL. Then the episode ended with Sayaka turning into a witch with only Kyouko there to witness it. The music in that specific scene was fucking awesome.

Episode 9 came along and apparently Kyubei is... AN ALIEN! Yeah, not really happy with that and the psuedo-scientific explanation for Magical Girls kind of rubs me the wrong way. I would've preferred that Kyubei was actually a god/mythical creature of some sort instead of an emissary of the universe but whatevs. You do what you gotta do I suppose.

And you know how I was hoping/predicting for Sayaka's death? Well I expected it, but damn the show threw a double-whammy and took our both her and Kyouko simultaneously. It was here were I actually felt the feels and had to pause/take a breather to register what had happened. Just when Kyouko became best character she is snuffed out, this is like Game of Thrones shit here.

And finally, the Wasu-something.... big bad witch that is coming, I predict that is actually future Madoka somehow where she had already became a Magical Girl but was eventually transformed into a witch.

I find Kyouko to be the most 'rational' human of all the characters despite her being a Magical Girl. Homura is a realist with her humanity held back and Sayaka being a
realist with her humanity/emotion let loose. Madoka is an optimist but has her worldview gradually cracking as these events transpire to what I predict is going to shatter eventually.

Still enjoying it however there's only 4 episodes left from this point on, it's ending too fast!

This has been a strong point of controversy and argument regarding the show. Some felt like it was a copout. Some felt like it was a pretty interesting idea to have it be this way. Personally I like the idea. It fits with the premise of this series and how it explored the genre.

Log Horizon 1-

I really liked this. Shits over SAO.

Thats....not difficult.

Dokidoki Precure - 31

What a giant amount of bullcrap ...

DokiDoki%21.Precure-31.jpg

WHAT THE HECK ?

I have no problem against power-ups , not even "friendship power wins over all" attitude ...

BUT THIS ??

Loool

Toei probably thought : "let's turn all the specs of our main heroine up" but seriously .. this is freaking sad ...
all the 4 other girls are now just power-ups for mana , rosetta shield is no use , and mana even managed to add a new oath by herself something that was previously the exclusivity of aguri ...

What about teamwork ? i have no problem that the "leader" unleashes the big attack ..but heck this isn't even a collective effort ..they're like : we'll give you some power and then what ?

The sad thing is that toei seem aware of that , even Ace that was supposed to be strong as hell , has been nerfed left and right and feel like a regular character now , not the "ace" she is supposed to be ...

cajunator

Banned
Although it should still be noted that the other world in the BRS OVA, which was traditionally animated, still looked better.

The OVA looked so much better its ridiculous.

I like to periodically check my MAL to see what's been hit with the weeb stick recently, and sure enough, the great nihongo purity purge is still managing to find new victims.

This is the worst thing.

cajun to buy that plastic little cel

Nah. what would I do with that?

DokiDoki Precure - 32

So aguri solidified her place as second best precure for this show , by actually acting like she should and doing what she does best : lecturing people to straight them in the right path .. it would be great IF the new power-up also nullified a bit cure ace time limit because seriously , it's just lame.

New move was great, it's a shame that the efficiency of the move was not shown because mana woke up ....i hope it's not just a move to blind ennemies.

This sentence above could be read in so many ways but everyone know that all the characters are in love with mana ...

Mana sure is building her harem fast ...

yami4ct

Yeah, the finale feels really unfinished. Whole plots just dropped.

As for Hajime, unless they make her less of a plot device, I don't feel the need to go back to that character again.

Silky

Banned
Jesus Christ my eyes melted from my skull. So fucking goooooooooood. First time seeing this and I am absolutely pleased.

Dokidoki precure - 33

DokiDoki%21%20Precure%20-%2033.jpg

Actual picture of a smile before becoming angry ....

I know i just said that aguri (cure ace ) was in the #2 spot , and then it seem that the battle for #2 in my heart will be between her and cure rosetta

First things first , why are all the rosetta focused episode so full of quality ?

The exception in this episode is that they indeed had parts of actually great animation to compensate ... In the end , sebastian the butler is awesome ( as expected ) and alice fight was superb , there was no missed frames , it was smooth and the transistions were excellent ...Seriously alice could be SO much more if she wasn't focused on defense ( as this episode proves ) but we're not gonna have someone dumb enough to attack her father helicopter twice

Alice rescue operation was nice , nice giving her name and then going off was "swag" , alice punching rockets with her bare hands was great , but the best was her dicing and chopping her ennemy like if she was xiaoqiao from dynasty warriors and then ending with her finisher !!

Alice you were the best ! Congrats ... it just make you acting idle during all the rest of the episodes even more baffling since i KNOW that you are so freaking strong...

duckroll

Looks like whether we like it or not, KyoAni is going all in on Kanata.

Ep2 - Storyboard/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto, Animation Direction: Nao Naito
Ep3 - Storyboard/Direction: Noriyuki Kitanohara, Animation Direction: Shoko Ikeda
Ep4 - Storyboard/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto, Animation Direction: Chiyoku Ueno
Ep5 - Storyboard/Direction: Naoko Yamada, Animation Direction: Nao Naito
Ep6 - Storyboard: Tatsuya Ishihara & Taichi Ogawa, Direction: Taichi Ogawa, Animation Direction: Nobuaki Maruki

Articalys

Hey, an actual PV for Samurai Flamenco was finally uploaded.

It looks a bit naff from what little was shown though. :(
Yup, that look toku-inspired. Here's a YouTube link for anyone who happens to have any issues with the on-site video player.
Looks like whether we like it or not, KyoAni is going all in on Kanata.

Ep2 - Storyboard/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto, Animation Direction: Nao Naito
Ep3 - Storyboard/Direction: Noriyuki Kitanohara, Animation Direction: Shoko Ikeda
Ep4 - Storyboard/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto, Animation Direction: Chiyoku Ueno
Ep5 - Storyboard/Direction: Naoko Yamada, Animation Direction: Nao Naito
Ep6 - Storyboard: Tatsuya Ishihara & Taichi Ogawa, Direction: Taichi Ogawa, Animation Direction: Nobuaki Maruki
See, for me, the thing is I can look at that list and even after looking everyone up the only thing I can conclude is "yup, those are all directors/animators who work with KyoAni, all right." (with the exception of Takemoto who I note directed Hyouka/Disapperance, and Ikeda who was character design for everything Haruhi.) Doesn't tell me a damn thing about why it means they're going "all in".

Dokidoki precure - 34

Ai was crying , i guess that count as forshadowing for the finale i guess

after the excellent rosetta episode i'm left not that impressed with cure diamond....

Next week , precure will teahc kids to brush their teeths properly ....

Can we go back to the drama or even the fights toei ? i'm guetting bored !

jbug617

Banned

I got confused on what is happening in the chart

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I have no fucking clue on how to read that, but honestly, I just need to know one thing.

Did Cordelia rape Christa or did Christa rape Cordelia?

cajunator

Banned
Surprised that there are some big ones that they still haven't touched like "Neon Genesis Evangelion -> Shin Seiki Evangelion", "Mobile Suit Gundam" -> "Kidou Senshi Gundam", -> "Ghost in the Shell" -> "Koukaku Kidoutai" etc.

At least they havent ruined everything.

Non Non Biyori 1

l8rhKEN.png

Damn this is chill as hell, nailed it with the soundtrack. I could listen to mediocre flute playing all day.

Natsumi is great, her bits are probably my favorite jokes.

Bring on the season of eating food on the countryside and enjoying the scenery.

I will save this show and Gingitsune until I have a bad night of work and need an upper.

lol I just watched Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 and went into it not even realizing Kyo-Ani made it. I definitely was surprised at the bits of fluid motion. I was going to gif a couple of scenes, but I guess since it is Kyo-ani most of you guys have watched it.

Its definitely a different feel for a KyoAni show in some ways. As usual there will be a million gifs from it.

Chifuyu > Charlotte > Laura > Cecilia > Houki > Lingyin

This is an acceptable ranking.

Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

30,182 *4 Free! [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/11
12,384 *3 Brothers Conflict [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
10,982 *1 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/02
*9,024 *1 High School DxD NEW [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*6,963 *2 Kiniro Mosaic [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*6,650 *3 Danganronpa: The Animation [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/28
*5,978 *1 Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/27
*5,473 *2 Kimi ni Iru machi [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*5,375 *3 Servant x Service [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*4,667 *2 Love Lab [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20
*3,902 *1 Choujigen Game Neptune [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*3,333 *1 Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*2,601 *1 Gin no Saji [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18
*2,370 *1 Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18
*2,110 *1 Uchouten Kazoku [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*2,072 *2 Rozen Maiden [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/30
**,908 *1 Fantasista Doll [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20
**,809 *1 Genshiken Nidaime [DVDBOX+BD]: 2013/09/04
**,558 *1 Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18
**,455 *1 Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20
**,267 *1 Stella Jogakuin Kotouka C3-bu [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18

No available data (below weekly thresholds):
**,*** *0 Blood Lad [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/27 (less than 630 BD / 829 DVD)
**,*** *0 Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/02 (less than 1235 BD / 402 DVD)

KinMoza :D

Gingitsune Episode 1
You can tell this show is gonna be one of those shows that will be underrated and underwatched but it will be the feel good of the year, from the first episode I really liked it, its not a super complex story or anything and just fun to watch, I love foxes so a kitsune spirit being a main character appeals to me greatly. Cant wait to see more.

You would like Our Homes Fox Deity. Fairly certain of it.

/XX/

Damn, is Stefan Nutz alright? It seems like they hacked his twitter account or something more than half-a-month ago and he didn't notice it yet, apparently.

I was looking forward to his documentary in the works about Japanese independent animation, but he has been missing for too long lately I'm starting to worry now.

Also related, nearly a year since raito-kun (@raito_kun) sent his last tweet. I know he mentioned before being busy studying, but...

Why haven't you watched Gundam Build Fighters yet? :(
I don't even know what that is.
Have you watched Gundam Build Fighters yet?
I'll do it this week mom.
Come on, man, watch it! I want you to become the resident & true defender of traditional mechanical animation I always thought you'd be... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom