• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • RWBY 01 - It Was On Crunchyroll
"Relax, we're not here for your money."
>Proceeds to take everything the guy needs to MAKE money

...Oh I see, this is a show about COOL WEAPONS and CUTE GIRLS. They really waste no time getting to the action sequences. THIS is a show that knows its audience.

fffwwwj.png

This voice acting... ech. But what can you do, that's what's available in the anime fan-community. Also lol, the headmaster is rico suave young silver-hair anime 20-something year old

ahahaha jiggle physics, I should have expected that. and furries in protest, should have expected that too. The music is pretty impressive, though! (not to mention the animation is great, for an low budget independent project)

Gazoinks

Aw yeah, Kill La Kill and Samurai Flamenco tomorrow. Hype train go go. Are there any other Thursday shows I should be watching?

Don't disrespect manly tears!

I don't know if this can be called manly tears anymore. Kaiji cried when he got his stars
conned from him
. He also cried again when he
punched
that one big guy, and cried again while wiping windows. The dude cries... like a lot. Not just Kaiji but almost everyone.

On another note, I think I saw the first girl on the latest episode I'm on. That made me notice that I haven't seen a girl this whole anime.

cnet128

Banned
Since I was bored or something, I made my own version of that anime description generator thing. Give it a go if you like.

http://en.shindanmaker.com/401293

Obligatory test using my own name:
By Toei, an anime about cnet128's underwhelming friends, with lots of sakuga girls.

(By the way, screw the character limitations on this thing. Screw them to hell >.>)

Articalys

Hopefully they solved the production problems... *sigh*, why couldn't Brain Base animate this?

What is this?
I'm glad you asked, since ANN finally translated the plot summary:
"Minimums," also known as "minor miracles"— special hereditary powers discovered only in an extremely limited number of humans. Those who possess such powers are known as "Minimum Holders."

Partners Nice and Murasaki form a detective agency called "Hamatora" in Yokohama in 2014 — but their "office" is a table at Cafe Nowhere where they and their friends wait for clients. An old acquaintance of theirs, a cop named Art, hires them for a serial murder case he is investigating, and they discover that the murder victims are all "Minimum Holders." As Minimum Holders themselves, Nice and Murasaki are drawn into this case, whether they like it or not.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-428-kitajima-preview-hamatora-anime-in-video

Since I was bored or something, I made my own version of that anime description generator thing. Give it a go if you like.

http://en.shindanmaker.com/401293

Obligatory test using my own name:

(By the way, screw the character limitations on this thing. Screw them to hell >.>)

By Toei, a doujin about peaceiscloser's adorable ambitions, with lots of real baseball.

... explains why I like Little Busters

Edit: LOL when I put in my real first name

By DTL, an OVA about <realname>'s agricultural delusions, with some moe boobs.

Pooya

beyond the beyond - 2

Still looks great, I'm impressed how all the little things move in every scene. This is probably a bigger effort than even Hyouka, but I can't help but think that this is only headed to be their next major bomba, it's just so uninteresting. I can't make myself pay attention to the story at all and I even suffered through most of Free! the main girl is less interesting than Rikka from Chuu2 so far, how is that even possible... their interactions all feel hollow and forced, I just don't think they can find many fans for this work no matter how good it looks.

fertygo

I just realize something interesting Kuroko's Basketball 2nd season in blu-ray listing.

Its listed as "Kuroko's Basketball 2nd Season 1" or something like that. Sign of they already planning for "3rd season"? Considering the length of major arc that they gonna cover, I'm not surprised.

beyond the beyond - 2

Still looks great, I'm impressed how all the little things move in every scene. This is probably a bigger effort than even Hyouka, but I can't help but think that this is only headed to be their next major bomba, it's just so uninteresting. I can't make myself pay attention to the story at all and I even suffered through most of Free! the main girl is less interesting than Rikka from Chuu2 so far, how is that even possible... their interactions all feel hollow and forced, I just don't think they can find many fans for this work no matter how good it looks.

You're underestimating Japan, brother.

I just realize something interesting Kuroko's Basketball 2nd season in blu-ray listing.

Its listed as "Kuroko's Basketball 2nd Season 1" or something like that. Sign of they already planning for "3rd season"? Considering the length of major arc that they gonna cover, I'm not surprised.

Wait seriously?! I hope this means we'll get to see the remaining GoM play. unless that happens this season, dont follow the manga unfortunately.

Articalys

You mean this?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00FJQOH8G/

Isn't that just the volume number? Like...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00FJQOH4K/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00FJQOH54/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00FJQOJCA/

etc.etc.

cnet128

Banned
Senpai actually has already secretly noticed cnet128.

I...think I win?

(But wait! I'm only interested in younger girls, so Senpai isn't the one for me anyway! Even in victory I am unsuccessful!)

cajunator

Banned
Doesn't the English dub have Char and Cecelia have attempts at actual French and British accents? Really bad accents, particularly Char's, but at least they tried... Japanese accents for everyone IS kind of silly for all those animes with international casts. :)

Also, supporting one of the stupidest animes around has got to be worth something, right? That said though, I couldn't quite justify it... I'll only get IS if it's on sale sometime. But I will get it eventually.

It does. a noble effort but..HanaKana cannot be replaced. Its simply not possible.

You watched it for the ice cream right?

Like I said. The End of Evangelion of our time.

I was going to post a screenshot of her from the show but I just had to comment on the Sanya outfit here!
Here's a screenshot anyway

I know how you feel :(
I mean the backgrounds in this look even worse than the game somehow.

Pika pika squeeeeeeeee

A Sony, specifically this one (but 32").

It had a good score for input lag and I'm only really getting it for gaming. Also it's in the bedroom so I didn't want anything bigger. Been humming and hurring over what TV to buy for so long that I decided to just plop the money down and get it over with.

Watched 8 minutes (because the Manga app decided not to loud the rest) of Ninja Nonsense and the dub version of the OP is wack. The english soundbites sound so out of place.

So that's the novelty of free anime on the TV done with unless I decide to watch the original black and white Astroboy.

Ah ok. My large TV has input lag as its a Samsung. but I mostly play fighters on PC anyway and thats an ASUS monitor.

Official site and key visual are live for the upcoming cross-media project Hamatora anime:

http://hamatorapj.com/animation.html

Looks like the only newly revealed staff members we didn't know about before are Hiroshi Kimura as the normal director and Seiji Kishi as series director.

Key character visuals from moca-news:

http://imgur.com/a/WiCVR

I likes what I see here. In particular a cat tail.

Madoka Magika - Series Review

Instead of an Episode 12 reaction I'm just going to comment on the series as a whole. Actually expected to be 13 episodes for some reason but oh well.

When first suggested the series I was wary of it due to it being a Mahou Shoujo/Magical Girl genre and was doubting it it actually lived to his reputation of being dark themed and tragic. So after finishing Attack on Titan I needed to watch another dark-themed anime and finally decided to check Madoka Magika out.

Since it's a 12-episode series each episode that aired had a role in telling the story and filler was nonexistent. So I greatly enjoyed how the plot progress, both music and the abstract art present in witch battles were both enough to peak my curiosity until Episode 3 came to which I was finally hooked in.

The ending
was sort of a disappointment for me though I still enjoyed it. I wanted it to be more tragic somehow, though it was still pretty damn tragic with everyone but Homura dying essentially. Also enjoyed Kyubei as a villain despite the pseudo-science-alien-stuff that was revealed.

Aside from that the only disappointment I could pick out was the lack of depth with the Was-something-nacht (still can't remember the name) not having any depth despite being some apocalyptic force. It served its role but I just thought it would've been something more when the rest of the show kept my on edge the entire way.

Another thing, specifically Madoka. I really enjoyed how they put off her becoming a Magical Girl into the very end. Reading some other reviews/reactions online people found this to be bad and Madoka being annoying. To me, however, Madoka was perfect/believable in every episode despite her repeated crying. Voice acting (subbed) was solid to which perhaps led me to like her character.

As for characters, really damn hard to rank them as I love them all but nonetheless I thought on it overnight and they are:

1. Homura (the final episodes bumped Kyouko into second place!)
2. Kyouko
3. Madoka
4. Sayaka
5. Kyubei
6. Mami

Finally, I put Madoka Magika over both Steins;Gate and Mawaru Penguindrum due to how clear it was to follow with its plot. It didn't hide behind symbolism or pseudo-science in telling its tragedy, everything was precise and clear and still retained its ability to portray its tragedy to the audience.

And if I were still Catholic/Christian I would hold Madoka as my representation of Jesus.

I kinda saw her as that too lol. (I am Christian) Its an interesting allegory if not an obvious one.

More Asuna? Sure.

Nope. Burn it with fire.

beyond the beyonder - 02

cringe

Whaaaaat? She looks amazing!

Watamote 1

*7 minutes in*

Nope.

Ah. Hit a bit close to home did it?

• RWBY 01 - It Was On Crunchyroll
"Relax, we're not here for your money."
>Proceeds to take everything the guy needs to MAKE money

...Oh I see, this is a show about COOL WEAPONS and CUTE GIRLS. They really waste no time getting to the action sequences. THIS is a show that knows its audience.

fffwwwj.png

This voice acting... ech. But what can you do, that's what's available in the anime fan-community. Also lol, the headmaster is rico suave young silver-hair anime 20-something year old

ahahaha jiggle physics, I should have expected that. and furries in protest, should have expected that too. The music is pretty impressive, though! (not to mention the animation is great, for an low budget independent project)

Ruby is adorable and I love her outfit and her weapon even more.

Jarmel

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata 2-
Sigh. I want to like this show, I really do. I want KyoAni to do more action related productions as they essentially never do it now and if this bombs then the chances of that are probably going to go down the drain. The conflict however is that the show is bad on its own merits. The sad part is that they're trying, it's definitely apparent in the production values. The problem though is with the writing in of itself. I'm not sure who is mostly to blame; whether it's the director, writer, or just the source material being bad.
i1YyiIkZgVhyE.gif

I don't know how much control Ishidate had over some of the larger concepts and as such, whether I should give flak to Ishidate for not keeping a tighter leash on Hanada. It's possible that the decision to give Mirai, certain 'moe' attributes wasn't really his or Hanada's call. I doubt it though and I have a feeling that it was probably Hanada's decision. Hanada seemingly does best with comedic material so I think making the lead be more comedic in nature sounds like something he might do. It destroys the atmosphere of the show though and creates this conflict of not only tone but logic. I mean there's a scene where Mirai has issues getting up a fence but can scale a building. There isn't consistency in the show which completely undermines Mirai's character into pretty much a joke. Some writers can handle a two tone show such as Gatoh but this is completely beyond Hanada's ability as shown repeatedly through some of his prior works such as Chuu2. As such, he should have stuck to just one tone and gone all in. Either make it a dead serious show with little comedic material in there (or at least dark comedy) or make it a light hearted show similar to Chuu2. A more capable writer would also had potentially gutted the LN and use only concepts from the LN to create a show. It pretty much needs a complete rewrite by Gatoh (or just a decent LN writer). As it stands, the writing in the show is flat, both on a comedic and dramatic level. The comedic stuff is especially a disappointment as Hanada should be doing better than he is, but I think him being too conservative in adapting the material is an issue.
iTIdwjUL0eWHE.gif

I feel bad slamming this as Ishidate, Takemoto, the animators, and the composer are all putting in good possibly great work on the audiovisual front. They just can't cover for the writing faults and I'm not sure if that's even possible. I mean the storyboarding on the action front was pretty phenomenal and the action is fluid as fuck. The writing is just so flat that it puts a damper on everything else.
Oh and the scene above had some really poor composition but that was an exception.

jman2050

Kyoukai no Kanata 2

First five or so minutes were really good... then it was about 15 minutes of needless exposition disguised as stuff happening.

It's actually kind of unsettling how hard this show tries to be Bakemonogatari at times and totally failing at it.

But man those first five minutes... Just make the whole show a shounen battle tournament or something.

Hyouka 1-5

I'm watching the superior KyoAni show which looks and sounds amazing and has characters who are real people instead of fetish collections and who have natural conversations with each other. This time I'll finish the festival arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom