• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
There was the "Worst anime you've ever seen" thread a few days ago that got locked.

Also doesnt that Phonecian Viking (or whatever) dude have a post on SOS?
tumblr_msh2esi2da1qghmqdo1_500.png

Gazoinks

The Flowers of Evil 2

Kasuga no. Kasuga no. Kasuga no. I mean, I saw it coming since it's the whole premise of the show, but still. I see only good things in your future, Kasuga.

It always startles me how weirdly upbeat this OP is. The ED on the other hand...

My only problem with the rotoscoping so far is that it really draws attention to scenes where they stopped drawing movement. Feels like a 90s FMV game. Also the scene where Kasuga runs away from Nakamura on the railroad tracks was turned kind of comical because of the skipping they did.

EDIT:

Alright another one, but then I'm going to watch something more pleasant.

The Flowers of Evil 3

I'm actually surprised that Nakamura is portrayed as sympathetically as she is so far. She's crazy and manipulative, yeah, but aware of it, and she seems to have a lot of her own angst she can't express. Kasuga on the other hand is just a pathetic dweeb, although maybe he's getting better?

BlazBlue 01

2Z1b5Zyl.jpg

Heh.

So plus, it had Sugita. Lots and lots of Sugita.

But everything else was pretty lazy. The OP was showing clips of the episode that I was about to see, the action wasn't over the top enough for me.

In other news, I forgot how to breathe while I'm eating. I think it's to heighten the enjoyment while almost suffocating yourself in the process.

one of these days, Precure shall save my anime viewing... or Kill la Kill ep 2. Whichever one comes first at this point.

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties 12

Meh ending.

I do like seeing Nagi's parents again.

It's funny how the Gundam teacher got the closest thing to a good night.

Gazoinks

So I started to watch the first episode of Gingitsune as a more pleasant way of ending my watching for the night than The Flowers of Evil and the main girl is named Saeki. I can't escape.

I actually own this on bluray. Think about it. I took time out of my life to order this schlock and pay additionally to have it delivered here. Its in my house on my shelf with far more respectable anime. I guess this makes me a bad person lol.
Doesn't the English dub have Char and Cecelia have attempts at actual French and British accents? Really bad accents, particularly Char's, but at least they tried... Japanese accents for everyone IS kind of silly for all those animes with international casts. :)

Also, supporting one of the stupidest animes around has got to be worth something, right? That said though, I couldn't quite justify it... I'll only get IS if it's on sale sometime. But I will get it eventually.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Doesn't the English dub have Char and Cecelia have attempts at actual French and British accents? Really bad accents, particularly Char's, but at least they tried... Japanese accents for everyone IS kind of silly for all those animes with international casts. :)

Also, supporting one of the stupidest animes around has got to be worth something, right? That said though, I couldn't quite justify it... I'll only get IS if it's on sale sometime.

It does. The silly English dub is how I watched the first season of IS. It's pretty amusing.

tyranid5

Neo Member
BlazBlue 01

2Z1b5Zyl.jpg

Heh.

So plus, it had Sugita. Lots and lots of Sugita.

But everything else was pretty lazy. The OP was showing clips of the episode that I was about to see, the action wasn't over the top enough for me.

After the video games that were adapted into tv series these past couple seasons being low budget and subpar, I started hoping this would get cancelled. Because I'll watch it and probably end up hating myself for it, but still watch it.

Talking about dubs attempting to have accents and anime just having everybody talk the same... anybody find it funny how in anime for the most part, even if the character or the setting is non-japanese they follow japanese customs to the tee?

Like bowing to apologize? Or saying itadakimasu?

Quasar

It does. The silly English dub is how I watched the first season of IS. It's pretty amusing.

Is it really that hard to get voice actors in the US who are french or british? In Japan I can understand, but not really in the US. Especially in the case of a brit.

Gazoinks

Gingitsune 1

D'aw, that was nice. As with most first episodes I don't really have much to say, but I was not stiffed on the good feels.

Not sure whether I'll actively continue to follow it or not, although I am curious whether it'll be episodic or develop a plot of some sort.

Narag

Is it really that hard to get voice actors in the US who are french or british? In Japan I can understand, but not really in the US. Especially in the case of a brit.

Dubs are usually pretty cheap and even then you've probably seen how US media handles this sort of thing by not shooting for any sort of authenticity and instead aiming for audience expectation.

This also reminds me how Craig Ferguson was told he couldn't do the audiobook version of Braveheart because he didn't sound Scottish enough.

Yowamushi Pedal 01

ROOKIEZ IS PUNK'D OP is awesome. I like the ED too.

I strongly dislike the main character. Strongly. Not someone I care for and I'm already coming into this not liking the cycling so me not caring for a character especially one of the mains is troubling.

Though the cycling itself was nice to look at. Not sure if I want to keep going especially with this being a triple cour show.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Well, from what I understand, most dubbing isn't exactly high paying and it's usually always the same primary group that dub them all, so I'd say unless there just happens to be a brit somehow already in the states and nearby to do the dubbing for smaller project (read: not Miyazaki dub or something like that), the ADR groups are probably just gonna go to their on hand stable of VAs.

Ok I can understand not liking the show but the soundtrack is very high quality. How can someone call that a bad soundtrack?

I guess if you don't like jazz but even then.

Tokyo Ravens 1

This has some sweet-ass backgrounds.

Will need to see more before making any kind of judgement. I generally find stories involving onmyoji boring, but this seems like it could be a more entertaining take on that kind of stuff. Definitely has potential in the action department.

Theonik

Boku no Pico 1

So, umm, this is a thing. And I watched it.
You watched it for the ice cream right?

Inferno Cop 11

OH MY GOD. Evangelion and Full Metal Panic! references in an episode that mocks Evangelion so brazenly I can't even think of what to say.
Inferno Cop is a better Shinji Ikari than Shinji Ikari will ever be.
Like I said. The End of Evangelion of our time.

This lovely maiden.

Her in a Sanya outfit is primarily savisu for Cajun.
I was going to post a screenshot of her from the show but I just had to comment on the Sanya outfit here!
Here's a screenshot anyway

After the video games that were adapted into tv series these past couple seasons being low budget and subpar, I started hoping this would get cancelled. Because I'll watch it and probably end up hating myself for it, but still watch it.
I know how you feel :(
I mean the backgrounds in this look even worse than the game somehow.

cnet128

Banned
Yeah. I enjoyed it too.

This season is annoying me...too many shows that I find enjoyable, but not great and few shows that I tried and disliked. Too many to watch...so I'll have to cut shows that I thought were OK.

Also annoying is that no show stands above for me. Its pretty much 'oh its ok, watchable for now' stuff.

This is exactly the dilemma I'm trying to figure out how to overcome.

I can't foresee any outcome that doesn't result in me at least dropping Golden Time and YuuShibu. But I doubt that will be enough.

Attack on Titan 25

-Dammit can Mikasa and Eren just fuck and get it over with?

Only if you read the doujins.

By Studio Deen, a 12 episode magical girl anime about cnet128's fetishes.

Certainly not the studio I would have chosen, but otherwise I can get behind this.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Smartv?
What brand?
It comes with an anime app?
A Sony, specifically this one (but 32").

It had a good score for input lag and I'm only really getting it for gaming. Also it's in the bedroom so I didn't want anything bigger. Been humming and hurring over what TV to buy for so long that I decided to just plop the money down and get it over with.

Watched 8 minutes (because the Manga app decided not to loud the rest) of Ninja Nonsense and the dub version of the OP is wack. The english soundbites sound so out of place.

So that's the novelty of free anime on the TV done with unless I decide to watch the original black and white Astroboy.

Grzi

Gundam Build Fighters - 01

That was AWESOME. It looked great and was fun as hell, it also gave me tingles a few times -
"Is that boy a Newtype?!"
, so perfect.

Caesnd

I just recently watched the Hoihoi-san OVA. I liked the story concept and the execution was pretty good. Wish there was more than just those 10 minutes though.
A simplistic scenario such as this could make for a fun shorter series I think, with the other characters that have been introduced since then (rookie editions, biker psycho android etc).

Blazblue 1
The characters seem interesting enough. I think I'll continue to watch this

Non Non Biyori
Very cute. Seems like the kiniro mosaic of the fall

Blazblue : alter memory - 01

This was actually pretty decent , aside from the shoddy opening.
BlazBlue%20-%20Alter%20Memory%20-%2001.jpg

The end has come !!
As far as i can tell ( from replaying the damn story to get 100 % in the original game ) the anime follow pretty much the story properly while adding some backstory introduced in continium shift ... the clues are there and they aren't even trying to hide it.

On the animation side it's sometimes alright , often barely average and at times it's just bad .. i still have hopes for hakumen fight next episode but i'm pretty sure they will abuse fo the story shift model to show another side of the story

Rachel is trolling ragna as usual , hazama is trolling everyone as usual.

Code:
I am the void.
I am the steel.
I am the sword.

With this one blade , i will cut down all sins and destroy evil !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom