• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised it took this long to photoshop that BB gif. It deserves it.

Yes, manga fans hate the anime because it isn't the manga. As usual. I've seen quite a few comments complaining about how the new Yokazura starts with anime-original material, even though the manga author himself is writing that new material.

Depressing, but not entirely unexpected. Never underestimate the ability of a hardcore fanbase to be petty, I guess!

I liked Yozakura's first episode as well.

Quasar

It's a great film, and I agree with most of what you said. Your comment about yearning and it's impact feels spot on, because the film is very much about love as longing, which is inherently sad. The isolated location of Takao and Yukino's meetings and the condition they meet under adds to that, while making the progression of their relationship feel sincere and natural, devoid of outside influence.

I think the ending is part of exploring the nature of relationships and the purpose they have. I didn't mind Takao's outburst, despite it being the most cliche element of the film, because it felt like an excuse to bring up the concept of saving somebody and what that means. It's love, but perhaps not as we know it. I don't know if Takao genuinely intends to be together with Yukino again, or if the comfort and motivation brought about by the idea is enough.

I figured he did. But thats probably just me taking it all at face value.

I loved this. My anime film of the year.

CorvoSol

Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt 2

Suddenly it is a lot easier to understand how the Great Hero Emilia's dad wound up having sex with an angel. How come this sort of stuff didn't happen in my High School?

fertygo

It's standard shounen stuff, but Nakazawa should be commended for doing it solo and putting in some fabulous basketball animation.

Fully agree with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KePJM2Oc8

Out of all the shows I've watched so far, Kuroko has undoubtedly the best opening of the season.

The only other contender left is Samurai Flamenco solely because of SPYAIR.

Last 30 sec or so was great.

IZwaInm.gif

That's how I wanna see a dunk in my anime, so good..

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Maybe my opinion on Chitanda being a terrifying moeblob would change if I went back to Hyouka now post-KnK...
They really dialed it up in the early eps, but the main point was to show just how disturbing Chitanda's presence was to Oreki's preferred mode of existence. In the end, while she may be soft-spoken much of the time, she's anything but weak-willed or incompetent.

Acosta

Don't worry, I think sasami-san@g is good. :(

I appreciate your sympathy :( (I don't know how is sasami-san@ag, not very appreciated I guess?)

I just stopped by here to share something my friend showed me.

tumblr_mueyduIgIh1ruv6hjo1_500.gif

I'm dying... (and thanks for reminding me why I must not see BlazBlue, you know, I like the game and the story, but saving myself from the creepy NIIIIISAAAAAAN should be a good reason to stay away until Chronophantasma). I will probably see it anyway :(

By the way, about Tokyo Ravens:

Waifu:

No, wait...

yeah?

Man, this is tough...

I appreciate your sympathy :( (I don't know how is sasami-san@ag, not very appreciated I guess?)

I'm dying... (and thanks for reminding me why I must not see BlazBlue, you know, I like the game and the story, but saving myself from the creepy NIIIIISAAAAAAN should be a good reason to stay away until Chronophantasma). I will probably see it anyway :(

Waifu:

No, wait...

Man, this is tough...

Waifu 1 isn't cute the choice is obvious

Soma

Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 02

So this show is pretty dumb but I'm kinda enjoying how much the show likes to revel in how dumb it is. In fact I lost my shit once
cat mom
showed up because the complete lack of context just made it hilariously stupid. The first five minutes though were some of the best action sequences I've seen all season thus far.

I like a lot of the characters here but I'm just not sure what the show wants to do with Mirai. One moment she's an efficient fighter, another moment she's really clumsy, and among other things she just comes off as a really inconsistent character. I'm just not really sure how to feel about her or even what the show wants me to feel about her. For all her faults though, at least she isn't as obnoxious as Rikka's character in Chu2 or the complete vacuum of personality that was Tamako's character.

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi Ga - Episode 1

I can't watch this... I just can't. I could only last about 15mins, once the MC made his second decision I was done. I'm dropping this before even going any further. Those choices are completely and utterly pointless and make no sense. It was a good premise with the decision's arising, but it doesn't work if A and B are downright pointless. Not to mention they showed over 3-4mins of people making decisions. I think we got the point after a few seconds of it.

Example: This was a samurai making a decision
A) Assassinate Soga No Iruka
B) Roll around with a dolphin

That is just really bad. The only good thing I liked about it was the handstand OP, not the song but just the handstanding.

If there's one thing that makes me drop an anime faster then a bad story, is bad or huge missed comedy opportunities. Actually I think this is the first show I dropped without at least giving it 4 episodes, so this is a record for me.

cajunator

Banned

Waifu:

No, wait...

yeah?

Man, this is tough...

Waifu #2

Also sasami-san was alright. Pretty typical Shaft.

This is quite the slow day I tell you what. I've been going through Rozen Maiden 2013 this week and it's pretty damn wonderful, any somewhat decent post will come after I'm done so I'm just going to continue with MIYUKICHI PLAYING SHINKU MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Taruranto

Man, I dropped Kyoukai no Kanata pretty early, but It must be really bad if even the Hyouka fanbase is rejecting it.

Than again, it has to be expected, based on what I heard this is shit that even Dengeki Bunko didn't want.

cnet128

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata 2

Yeah, as everyone's impressions seem to be indicating, this series is in a bit of an awkward place. On the one hand, the narrative doesn't really have much momentum and the character interactions/dialogue aren't all that engaging. On the other hand, the animation is really pretty (I love all the magical effects - that one shot where Mirai dissolved the sword into blood, instantly reformed it on the other side of the creature and then transitioned smoothly into an attack was gorgeous) and Mirai is really cute.

Also now we have our Suzuki Tatsuhisa-voiced character and oh yes that vooooooice. Why am I falling for all the male seiyuu recently. I feel the need to reaffirm my heterosexuality.

Soyeah, I echo the general sentiment that it would be great if KyoAni would animate something really good instead of wasting their talents on this kind of passable story. But ah well, I'll take what I can get. This series is still enjoyable to watch, and it is nice at least to see KyoAni doing some proper magical action for once.

Acosta

This is quite the slow day I tell you what. I've been going through Rozen Maiden 2013 this week and it's pretty damn wonderful, any somewhat decent post will come after I'm done so I'm just going to continue with MIYUKICHI PLAYING SHINKU MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

KASHIRA! DESU! (great series, and yes, I could listen Shinku for all eternity!)

Tokyo Ravens looks fun, I hope Atlus don't sue.

CorvoSol

Coppelion 2

So, I'm kind of ambiguous about the filters. I see why they'd bother people, but at the moment, I think maybe they're giving the show a distinct visual style, which isn't bad, but not overly necessary considering how beautiful the scenery already is. Also, I am not a fan of Aoi's constant 3rd person speech.

That said, this was a good episode. Very dramatic, didn't pull its emotional punches, and I only sort of felt one character's actions could be chalked up to bullshit anime drama. I'm glad they've confronted the issue of people not wanting to be saved so soon into the show, though, and I hope they keep with that, among other things. I have high hopes for this show, especially it's exploration of an unknown, apocalyptic setting. So far it hasn't really disappointed in that, either.

InuYasha 76

Enjoying this filler arc a lot, also enjoying how they're tying it into the canon in a way that doesn't feel offensive or stupid. Other then the fact Naraku has played zero part in this you really could be forgiven for mistaking this as canon. They've put more effort into the action in these episodes them some canon fights.

Necrovex

Hajime no Ippo 31-34

The entirety of that match was non-stop exhilaration. I really thought the anesthetics would wear off during the fight. I didn't expect the match to end that way at all! This god damn show!

Poor Ippo's doctor, being forced to see Takamura's "punch." He should have followed the Ippo tactic and punched it down.

Vecks

HxH 99

I don't remember this part from the manga, but it's probably because of how dull it is. Previously we saw Killua and the Spiders owning, and now it's Gon's turn for some action and he just spent an entire episode struggling against two weaklings. In a way I appreciate the fact that Gon is still terribly weak, but to have most of the episode focused on this fight was disappointing. However, next week, judging from the preview, looks like it's gonna be jumping into the better stuff.

Also, they changed the ED (finally), in preparation for the next part of the arc. I'm still hoping they will eventually change the OP.

Last 30 sec or so was great.

IZwaInm.gif

That's how I wanna see a dunk in my anime, so good..

God, I hope they do justice and make Atsushi's dunk just as incredible as he did it in the manga.

Out of curiosity, about what percent of Kuroko is on-court basketball action vs. other stuff?

If were including practices alongside the matches, then I want to say Basketball takes up around 90-95%.

The other stuff still tends to relate to basketball anyway.

Is this why (sweeping generalisation incoming) the internet hates Code:Breaker? I recently watched it and thought it was good, but it has low ratings and a bunch of comments about being a bad adaptation in several places. I'm not familiar with the source, so I couldn't tell if the comments were from unreasonably scorned fans of it or if they actually thought the show was bad on its own merits.

I've been reading code breaker. I'm in chapter 182.

Let me just say this now, the manga is enjoyable enough to keep reading but it's HORRIBLE writing. They keep referring to a character as "him" and "he", with quotation marks and all. Even after they reveal his identity. What's the fucking point? Not to mention the fact that it seems to use every possible cliche in anime when it comes to shonen fighting. Besides that I've kept reading because the two leads are interesting enough.

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga 01

Eh. It started out strong. Then it devolved into really bad humor where it boiled down to "main character goes through embarassing situations". Considering the show is apparently a comedy I don't know if it's gonna get any better, but it's really hard for me to drop shows so they have 2-3 more episodes to make me decide.

There are people in my first impressions piece of Kill la Kill talking about how offensive and terrible Gurren Lagann is.

I can get it not being your cup of tea, but offensive?

WHO AM I? WHAT IS THIS WORLD.

InuYasha 77

Really enjoyed this 3 episode filler with the panther demons, though I'm confused did the anime team make up Sesshomaru learning of his brother being sealed 50 years ago and his Tenseiga being able to liberate souls that are stolen by a demon? Cause those feel like rather important details to just be filler.

There are people in my first impressions piece of Kill la Kill talking about how offensive and terrible Gurren Lagann is.

If there is even anything offensive about the show, it'd be the gay mechanic.

They can't be speaking about fan service considering Kill La Kill had quite some fan service as well. Not to mention
uniform rape

Dresden

It doesn't help that the two female leads are Tits and Princess Peach. Still love it to bits though.

Jintor

Leeron was kinda weird, at least in the first few episodes he was in where he just makes sexual innuendo after sexual innuendo.

Oh he's voiced by Steve Blum in english

weird

Gazoinks

Leeron was kinda weird, at least in the first few episodes he was in where he just makes sexual innuendo after sexual innuendo.

Oh he's voiced by Steve Blum in english

weird

Yeah. He became a surprisingly serious character in the second half of the series, though. Well, mostly.

Jintor

I really liked the image of him spinning the globe on his finger during the Anti-Spiral Space Battle while philosophising about something or the other.

His character design is outright bizarre, but he's still pretty cool.

Narag

14 year old tits character
shota penis in episode 6
stereotype gay mechanic

I think most will overlook this stuff but I can imagine it'd be enough to make some people just call it quits.

I don't one person in here has actually professed to liking Kyoukai no Kanata this far.

It's not a bad show by any means, but every other show I've seen so far this season has been more enjoyable. I think that speaks more to the quality of anime this season then to Beyond the Boundary being unenjoyable.

If I had to drop 1 show it would be Beyond the Boundary though, even though it's better in every facet to BlazBlue I at least have investment in BB as a fan of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom