• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

That was a problem with alot of the ero-game adaptations that plagued us at the time. They all felt like ero-anime without the ero so you were left with crappy shit.

Gazoinks

Decided to start Black Lagoon, 'cause I wanted something actiony to contrast with Ergo Proxy's slow pace. Watched ze first two episodes, enjoyed 'em. Good op, good animation, good cast. Is it true that the second season is a significant step down in quality?

Decided to start Black Lagoon, 'cause I wanted something actiony to contrast with Ergo Proxy's slow pace. Watched ze first two episodes, enjoyed 'em. Good op, good animation, good cast. Is it true that the second season is a significant step down in quality?

I thought it was a rather consistently great action show throughout. Plus those Roberta OVAs are baller.

Rewatch Digimon Tamers 22 and 23

So we got the Boar, and they realize the connection to the Chinese Zodiac with the digimon. And god damn it leveled the city in the process.

So our men in black attempted to do something, but the Monkey who was the weird kid all along reversed the controls which stopped it from deleting every Digimon.

With the power of yelling, feelings got through to kill Boss Hog. too bad Gokumon stole Culumon. Now it's time to go to the Digital World baby!

This is the part where things get really good.

EDIT: Can't believe I left out this detail but
now Juri is actually Leomon's tamer

Dynedom

I wish I could watch Black Lagoon again for the first time. Enjoy.

In contrast, I wish I could un-watch Ergo Proxy.

Articalys

It's been a while but I don't recall Second Barrage being worse. Actually I think I liked it more than the first season.

Gazoinks

I wish I could watch Black Lagoon again for the first time. Enjoy.

In contrast, I wish I could un-watch Ergo Proxy.

Hahaha. :D

Good to hear Second Barrage isn't a step down. Not actually sure where I got that impression, tbh. Probably one of the corridors of the internet...

Dynedom

It's been a while but I don't recall Second Barrage being worse. Actually I think I liked it more than the first season.

The drop down in quality happens at Roberta's Blood Trail, imho.

The second season also has the Greenback Jane arc, which makes it come out ahead of S1, imho. I also liked the
Tokyo
arc but I think I'm in a minority on that one.

Hahaha. :D

Good to hear Second Barrage isn't a step down. Not actually sure where I got that impression, tbh. Probably one of the corridors of the internet...

I think a lot of people don't like the final story arc in Second Barrage so that's probably why.

I'll probably pick up the video game sometime (didn't realize it was officially released) to renew my suffering. These games are AO correct? The whole time I first watched School Days I felt like I was watching a hentai with no hentai and was disappoint.

Note sure what you mean by AO , but the game is uncensored and everything that is within it is as EXPLICIT as you can get.
More info on JAST USA website. DO i need to state that the page is SFW while the website as a whole might not be ?

Articalys

You know, given all this School Days universe-related nonsense, this story I saw on the BBC News front page under the headline "Stop dating relatives with help from smart phone app" suddenly is a whole lot more relevant.

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei - 1-2

I've been meaning to watch the third season of Zetsubou-sensei for months and months now, but I only started yesterday. The first episode felt really odd, and I can't exactly explain why. It seemed like a visual thing.

The second episode, on the other hand, just feels like the first two seasons, which is more like what I was expecting. It does look a little different, though. Apparently Shaft were working on this at the exact same time they were doing Bakemonogatari. Did they ever do two series at once before this? Because I don't think they've ever done it after this.

Not really much to say about the episodes themselves, other than that they're Zetsubou-sensei, and that the second one was a lot funnier than the first one.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I watched and commented on The Mystical Laws and no response from either Hitokage or madp? :(
Doh, sorry. Saw the post and meant to comment but forgot about it. As I'm sure you've figured out by now, I can be really absent minded at times when something isn't demanding my immediate attention. Worse is when you remember things when you're least able to address them. :/

Actually, before I respond, was this your first Happy Science film?

Syrinx

Pretty much midnight here in the eastern time zone, so I thought I'd give a quick reminder that eternal classic/ "wtf am I watching" simulator Yami To Boushi To Hon No Tabibito will be releasing in the US (don't know about other places) in three weeks, in the form of "Yamibo: Darkness, the Hat, and the Travellers of the Books". It costs $25.98, plus S&H. I don't know what you're planning to do with $25.98 later on this month, but you should buy this instead.

Amazon link.

wonzo

Banned
Pretty much midnight here in the eastern time zone, so I thought I'd give a quick reminder that eternal classic/ "wtf am I watching" simulator Yami To Boushi To Hon No Tabibito will be releasing in the US (don't know about other places) in three weeks, in the form of "Yamibo: Darkness, the Hat, and the Travellers of the Books". It costs $25.98, plus S&H. I don't know what you're planning to do with $25.98 later on this month, but you should buy this instead.

Amazon link.
thx for the reminder

Amazon link.

Nobody told me this had a witch with such sexy thighs, higher on the backlog you go.

Rewatch Digimon Tamers 24

Okay it's tell our parents our secrets and the "school trip" wink wink (some actually flat out said what they were going to do) AND then it's when things get good!

And our man in black decides to help them by giving a "phone".

Now things are pumping up.

Note sure what you mean by AO , but the game is uncensored and everything that is within it is as EXPLICIT as you can get.

He's talking about the ESRB rating AO (Adults Only), even though eroge are never actually submitted to the ESRB.

Even most non-eroge VNs aren't. The only one I can think of is If My Heart Had Wings, which got a T (the only English version is the all-ages version).

I was getting into VNs for a while, but they're just too much of a timesink. I'd rather read an actual novel (like Infinite Jest, which is taking me eons to get through). I was in the middle of Forest when I decided to stop. I'll probably get Steins;Gate whenever it finally comes out in English (which I've heard is actually supposed to be this winter).

thats not 2013 though.

RLcAcLp.png

Also a silly hat.

A big silly hat too!

Nafe

I haven't watched it yet, actually. I'll be sure to go back and read your review when I do.

Really? OK, I thought you would have watched it since it's out now. I pretty much just comment on how weird it was,haha.

Doh, sorry. Saw the post and meant to comment but forgot about it. As I'm sure you've figured out by now, I can be really absent minded at times when something isn't demanding my immediate attention. Worse is when you remember things when you're least able to address them. :/

Actually, before I respond, was this your first Happy Science film?

OK, I just thought there would be even just a quick simple "Another has seen the craziness of Happy Science" or something type comment about it.

This was the first Happy Science film I've watched, yes.
Possibly the last,haha.

How come nobody told me Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan had an English dub?

I wanted to show my friend that show for the longest and I was finally able to. He nearly spit his water out when he saw The Salaryman, and the kid with the dog head.

It was definitely worth the re-watch, and seeing my friend lose it watching the show. It kinda reminds me when I first started watching this show and I thought it was going to be a regular love-com, and then the OP started playing. That OP is quite catchy, and disturbing at the same time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 13 (rewatch)

Urusai count = Episode: 0 Total: 23

Another pretty eventful episode, but looking at it now I kinda realize that it's pretty dumb, from an "implausible shit that happens in anime" standpoint. In what highschool would Ami's dominatrix outfit be acceptable? :lol And then the whole race to see who gets to crown Miss Ohashi at the end. Apparently KO'ing dudes with a baseball is perfectly fine! And Ryuji pulls some Mirror's Edge shit, too. Oh and Minori pretty much says she's
a lesbian
which basically validates the Minori x Ami thing from episode 24

Next episode is, strangely, a filler episode. I feel like the OVA episode was probably meant to air somewhere around this point as well.

Your avatar is cute, but not fuwafuwa. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little surprised.

My last avatar wasn't that fuwafuwa I don't think! Oyasan is certainly cute though.

You should have been more specific! Also damn, two years. RIP episode two.

Still no episode 2 :(

The production company went under or something, it's a damn shame.

Wait, is Swing Out Sisters actually good or something?

I was always under the assumption that all hentai anime was garbage, and that manga was always the way to go.

Wait, is Swing Out Sisters actually good or something?

I was always under the assumption that all hentai anime was garbage, and that manga was always the way to go.

It's not an incredibly low budgeted mess like a lot of recent vanilla hentai (they also got away with some weird half-censoring too). Plus the sisters both have shortish hair so it's great by default.

CorvoSol

Victory Gundam 30

-So fucking sick of Uso. I honestly think he is the worst protagonist in UC Gundam. Oh, sure, Kou was a HUGE loser, and Banagher is bland as hell, but I cannot think of a good thing to say about Uso. Just hearing his voice annoys me. So sick of seeing him beat the shit out of grown men, then turn around and be a putz. I can't. I just really can't. I'm sorry, but 30 episodes and I cannot do this. 30 episodes was time enough for ZZ to go from a doofy orange tossing game to Judau and the gang being amazing. But the more I watch this, the more I hate the cast, and especially Uso. He's so fucking, uuuuugh.

-Oh my God Uso's mother is basically Nina Purpleton. That explains a lot. Then again, the rumor that Uso is related to Char makes sense, too, given how lame Char was in CCA. On the other hand, CCA sucks and nobody was any good in that movie.

-It's a clip episode.

Fuck it. Just, so. Can't even. So done. 20 more episodes. It never ends. It cannot possibly improve. Such shit. So sick. not even words for this anymore. Why is it that a full 1/3 of the Gundam Franchise is complete and utter shit like this?

Rewatch Digimon Tamers 25

DAMN YOU TOEI! DAMN YOU ALL TO HECK!! YOU DID IT AGAIN!

We learn how the Digimon world works, they find a Meramon who turns out to be a cool dude, and then it got killed. Culumon managed to escape, so now it's more wacky adventures

Articalys

God, I'm so far behind on anime. Still gotta finish two Summer shows that I'm at least two episodes behind on each, still way too far behind on Monogatari, the Fall season starts in one day with three shows I'm considering on the first day and two the next...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 14 (rewatch)

Urusai count = Episode: 1 Total: 24

Yup, filler episode. Well, mostly. I'd forgotten that this was the episode where
we really get to see that Kitamura has a thing for the Student Council President, and she tells him that she's leaving for America (though we don't actually find that out yet)

Also, this is the last episode with Pre-Parade/Vanilla Salt. Next episode will be the first with the superior OP/vastly inferior ED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom