• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Golden Time 5

My Linda theory

Linda and Tada was boyfriend and girlfriend. When she came back home from school in Tokyo, she was the one who hit Tada with the scooter causing him to lose his memory.

Gazoinks

I'd rather say Uchouten Kazoku or Kyousougiga have the stuff to be AOTY.

I'd like to say a Ghibli movie could be in the running, but they've produced such (imho) boring shit these past few years.

Yeah, my top candidates are TEF, Kyousougiga and Flowers of Evil. Not really sure of the order. Flowers of Evil's weird ending pushes it down a bit from an otherwise certain AOTY grab.

I'll watch Wolf Children sometime this week.

Nordicus

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next

Goddamnit. More stuff happened than first season, but still, the original light novel series apparently hasn't reached its conclusion, and it'll be a year or two before it will.

The protagonist Kodaka is starting to irritate me. It's not because he ran away from his friends because he was afraid to face the girl who confessed to him, and not really due to the guy being thickheaded when it comes to women (though it won't be long before even I am irritated with it), it's that I don't find him entertaining at all when the rest of the cast sets up a lot of jokes for him. Kodaka just hasn't a lot of energy nor much of an attitude.

For example, although I don't like how Oregairu ended, I still found the protagonist rather interesting and fun despite his jawdropping cynicism. Heck, he was often fun because of it

The rest of the cast was pretty good though, even the child characters weren't really as horrible as they could have been imo. The best were Yukimura and Aoi in my opinion. I enjoy Yukimura's gimmick even though it feels a bit under-utilized after the theme park episode, and in case on Aoi, she seems like the only person to get some reaction out of Kodaka consistently.

I'll watch the third season when it finally comes, but god damn the ending had better be fucking good

Golden Time 5

My Linda theory

Linda and Tada was boyfriend and girlfriend. When she came back home from school in Tokyo, she was the one who hit Tada with the scooter causing him to lose his memory.

There's a possible hole in that theory
Linda and Tada are the same age, went to the same school and in the same grade. She wouldn't have been already in the university. I think it's more likely she told him to meet up there, and she feels guilty about the accident. Remember that he lost a year thanks to the accident so chances are that maybe he woke up a couple of months later and she was visiting the hospital. He saw her, like we saw in the flashback, she told him about Tokyo and he got his shit together to enter

Uchouten will squeak by to like ninth place on the AnimeGAF vote. Kyosogiga won't be in the top twenty.

Predicted AotYs:

1. Attack on Titan
2. Kill la Kill
3. Jojo
4. Valvrave
5. Watamote
6. Wolf Children
7. Gargantia
8. Date a Live
9. Uchoten Kazoku
10. Kiniro Mosaic/Monogatari S2/Free (because DTL will vote for it in all ten spots on his list)

Jesus man. I'll admit that a lot of those I could see happening. But 4 8 and 10 are just... what? I think this is where AnimeGAF and my tastes differ as I'd put stuff like Kyousougiga and Psycho-Pass up there over harems and fan service shows.

Narag

Jesus man. I'll admit that a lot of those I could see happening. But 4 8 and 10 are just... what? I think this is where AnimeGAF and my tastes differ as I'd put stuff like Kyousougiga and Psycho-Pass up there over harems and fan service shows.

AnimeGAF runs the awards but not everyone who votes posts in AnimeGAF. Open to everyone and if they only thing they watched was something like Titan, it'll get weighed heavier.

Jex

Madoka 3

Fuck all things. I have gazed into the heart of Shaft, and there's nothing but darkness there. This movie shouldn't exist, and its existence is just a way of hurting the people who love it most. It's just so fucking- I don't even know where to start. Its stupidity is actively harmful to the fiction and the characters. It's like Adolescence Apocalypse without any of the vision, daring, or understanding of the show it supposedly follows. Bad.

At least the soundtrack was good.

Please, nobody else reward this with your dollars. I should have read the spoilers.

People tried to get the warning flare up. I'm glad that I read the spoilers.

People tried to get the warning flare up. I'm glad that I read the spoilers.

I'm not gonna lie. I read the spoilers now and holy shit what a downer. I'm not gonna pretend it doesn't exist like others, because I can't pretend. So I guess I'll still watch it, just kind of hate myself afterwards.

Tenumi

Banned
Kill la Kill: 05

This is just a fun watch. Great action, nice characters, and easy-to-understand plot.

Also, those were some hardcore looking urinals...

Are there not many Eva fans here. I would think Eva 3.0 would be in the top 3 no? I hope Kyousigiga to get in the top 5 and I've heard amazing things about Wolf Children. Fuck if Attack on Titan gets AOTY.

Are there not many Eva fans here. I would think Eva 3.0 would be in the top 3 no? I hope Kyousigiga to get in the top 5 and I've heard amazing things about Wolf Children. Fuck if Attack on Titan gets AOTY.

I havent seen the movie myself, but all the Eva posts seemed to highly suggest that Eva 3 had significant and problematic issues...

Did people actually watch Date A Live (other than A Huge Battleship)? I must have skimmed every single one of those posts after kayos's amusingly vitriolic rants about how it defiled the sacred act of dating.
If I said that I hadn't actually watched it (or even read the light novels) despite my Kurumi fanaticism, importing the PS3 game, buying that t-shirt and making the OT, would you believe me?

No, seriously, I'm still holding fire at the moment. It'll be oddly hilarious if I watch it and don't actually end up liking Kurumi that much.

btw have some Kurumi:

32090932v1s4x.jpg

Did people actually watch Date A Live (other than A Huge Battleship)? I must have skimmed every single one of those posts after kayos's amusingly vitriolic rants about how it defiled the sacred act of dating.

Otherwise it seems like a plausible list.

I watched it , i proceeded to read the books after the anime ended .. it's alright ..it's NO GOTY but it's entertaining.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next
I'll watch the third season when it finally comes, but god damn the ending had better be fucking good

I'll say this as someone who is up to date with the books , don't get your hopes up

If I said that I hadn't actually watched it (or even read the light novels) despite my Kurumi fanaticism, importing the PS3 game, buying that t-shirt and making the OT, would you believe me?

No, seriously, I'm still holding fire at the moment. It'll be oddly hilarious if I watch it and don't actually end up liking Kurumi that much.

btw have some Kurumi:

She's got a clock in her eye. Lmao! I'm dying!

AnimeGAF almost unanimously hated Eva 3.0.

I still haven't actually watched it. The fact that I haven't heard much, if anything, good about it makes me kinda hesitant. I guess I could watch it drunk.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Golden Time 5

Memory ghost
? I don't even...

Kaga is amazing though. Poor Banri
getting friendzone'd
, though. :lol Though I'm sure that'll change in time (I mean it's kinda gotta).

I doubt 3.0 makes into the Top 3. I even forgot it came out this year and I love Eva. It was so underwhelming aside from the soundtrack.
Attack on Titan will probably get AOTY. But we all know that title really goes to Valvrave.

I was clearing my backlog yesterday. Looked at all these shows and simply didn't give a shit.

Still slowly going through Casshern Sins which I'm really enjoying but is starting to be so depressing I can't quite watch it. I don't know what it is about that show, but god damn.
Yamato 2199 I'm not really rushing through because the final is so far away. Might just stop and rewatch later because most of it is this really amazing feeling sci-fi that somehow sparks my imagination so well.
Spice and Wolf S2 - I won't lie. I think it's kind of boring. The fact that the show apparently doesn't really end with any sort of conclusion to the story puts me off as well. I mean, you could say that Berserk didn't end with any conclusion and that's my favorite anime and manga ever, but yeah. Will finish, it just kind of feels draining. Despite all that, I think Lawrence and Holo are really great characters and the BUSINESS banter is engaging, especially when one of the two come up with some crazy plot.

Then I've got Durarara S2 to go through. Enjoyed the atmosphere of the first half, but the story was kind of a mess. I still don't get what the hell Izaya's and Mikado's roles in this world really are.

Should I finish any two of those things I'll start with either GaoGaiGar or Texhnolyze. I want to get back to watching anime one show at a time like I used to. Not talking about currently airing things though. Because no human waits for Valvrave and no Valvrave waits for no human.

Vito

Banned
Okay, good, somebody finally freed the first Witch Craft Works PV from its region-locked Bandai Channel shackles. The original source video was fairly low-quality anyway, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq4fPH-It5g

Yeah, that russian guy, he's been spamming crap on Asuki and ANN. While the source video is 480p 2mbit stream, it certainly doesn't look THAT bad:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16orq2_witchcraft-works_shortfilms

Annoyingly Bandai Channel is now not only region locked but also DRMs the trailers. At least not of my internet buddies knows how to rip them now. GetFLV doesn't work, nor does that AdobeHDS php script, which now simply throws an Akamai DRM error.

Mature

Are there not many Eva fans here. I would think Eva 3.0 would be in the top 3 no?
Ah, yeah, no. I was one of 3.0's very few supporters here and not even I will put it in the top 10 of this year. It's got too many fundamental narrative issues. I enjoyed the film overall, but I can acknowledge it's not very cohesively constructed nor directed.

DiGiKerot

I'm pretty ambivalent about Eva 3.0 myself - I don't think it's irredeemable like some people seem to, but 4.0 has an awful lot to do in order to justify it's content. On it's own it's just kind of a thing I have problems mustering any kind of strong feelings about.

I'll not be voting for Titan, at least, though my problem with Wolf Children is that I saw it over a year ago at this point - it doesn't really feel like a 2013 thing to me.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kill la Kill 5

New guy is alright, though I don't think he'll be showing up a LOT in the future. Seems like they wrote him off for the time being at the end of the episode, with a clause that'll get him back into the narrative if need be.

Mako is still the best though. <3

Hattori

Banned
Here's my KLK theory on the new guy:

He's Ryuuko's real father and the lady that got devoured by a kamui was her mother, Dr. Matoi is Ryuuko's adoptive father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom