• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Baoh

So there's 45 minutes I'm NEVER getting back. This thing was so dumb. Like they seriously made up powers and plot points at the drop of a hat. Like the native dude being from a tribe and the bandanna limiting his psychic powers. Faces were melted off frequently, in addition to the good ol' fashioned skull crush that List anime needs to have, it seems. The plot was stupid as hell and the villains just kinda ranted on about the dumbest of things, with them having no real plan to speak of. I can't quite decide if I am thankful for the fact that it was only 45 minutes, or if the thing genuinely suffered because of that. I mean, I genuinely suffered because of it, but I don't think "only" applies in that case.

Whatever, it is dumb and done and we're moving on.

Sounds like Araki.

cajunator

Banned
Strike Witches 3 will make the number good (again?).

I hope so man. But I gotta start watchin it first.

Hey, it's another episode of bored Mature ogling at boxes of anime in the superior format known as LaserDisc.

I don't have any vested interest in All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku, but I might suddenly if I came across these:

I especially like how the first volumes sleeve can be flipped vertically continuing the image. Pretty cute— and the green typeface and art meshes well with her. The top-right sleeve almost looks like a play on or homage of some sort of Sega Master System box art. It's almost a bit refreshing to see a sporadic design between the individual releases, what with series like Evangelion having very themed and calculated designs. As well as Sailor Moon.

I think I've seen three different LDs of AKIRA, but the boldness of this Criteron Collection release is my favorite. It's very light on wordage and it simply features Kaneda standing in-front of the brazen, iconic logo.

It also has a pretty a-typical back-of-the-box in the terms of any media release... It's like a novel... It's not any different than other criterion collection releases, though it is nice to see one praising Otomo like a foreword to a novel. They must have printed a lot of them since they still go for around $12.00 on Ebay. Can't really justify picking one up myself since I'm literally days from getting the 25th Anniversary BD.

And speaking of Otomo... Jeez.

It comes with a veritable Sees candy box of Memories goodies. The outer box is black felt with silver embossing, and each featurette has it's individual disc sleeve with artwork as well as three full-color booklets with design and concept artwork. All six playing sides apparently have CAV formats; this would allow for perfect still frames and random access to any given frame via controller input. However, this shrinks the playtime to any given side to a total of 30 minutes. And I believe with Magnetic Rose being the longest run time at 44 minutes, you'll be flipping the disc despite the small movie being given it's own LD. To top it off, this was a Japanese release that included English subtitles. Mint conditions for the set (obi strip and all) do not run cheap.

Last, and probably least, this AnimeEigo published AD Police Files LD tickles me in the most 80's way possible. Something about that vanilla colored typeface segmented on the most primary red and blue you've ever seen is amusing to me.

Call me an old bastard but I REALLY want those Nukunuku laserdiscs. Just because they exist >_

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I of course have it preordered.

Not really sure when I'll get around to playing it though...

Currently trying to plat DW8 and I already told myself I wanted to play Atelier Ayesha next, haha...

Trying to plat DW8? Hahaha man, I'm a HUGE musou fan and even I don't have the patience for that. Between the friendship system and the horrid weapon system, I just can't bring myself to try to do that. :lol

Trying to plat DW8? Hahaha man, I'm a HUGE musou fan and even I don't have the patience for that. Between the friendship system and the horrid weapon system, I just can't bring myself to try to do that. :lol

Oh I already got through all that terrible stuff! Even getting every damn weapon and their useless stay counterpart.

Just gotta clear all the damn stages on chaos and I'll be done.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ano Natsu de Matteru 1

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow. I'm getting massive Onegai Sensei, Toradora and Summer Wars vibes at the same time, and on top of that, there's something about the visuals that makes everything look just a bit old-fashioned as well as high profile. What are these magical feelings that I'm having right now???

You are feeling the gentle warmth of watching a very good anime. XD Also, same writer as Onegai Sensei and the director of Toradora so...

AwJXHV2.gif

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
YuuSibu 5

Not too much to say here other than it was enjoyable. I wonder if Airi is going to end up
going to work at Leon after Walmart Amada proves to be a shitty place to work

Im not sure what mine would be either since I am a fan of several characters.
Since, like me you are a fig collector , that is understandable.

So anyone else picking up Guided Fate Paradox next week? I've already got a ton of stuff to play, but I figure that A. it's a console roguelike and I need to support that, B. it's a niche as fuck NISA game so it'll probably be tough to find a retail copy down the line, and C. it's the successor to ZHP and ZHP was fucking awesome (and not just because Taiga cameo'd in it). So yeah, I put a preorder down on it yesterday. :lol Kinda hyped.
i am ..i have np time left and several games in the backlog but i did it anyway..
for the same reason as yours

"kept"

No fun allowed.

it lasted longer than i expected.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV 7

That sure was gruesome.
Zeppeli being cut in half made it difficult to take his death scene seriously.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV 8

This is the best episode of Phantom Blood. The art is the best it's been, especially the shading, which gave added weight and energy to the climatic confrontation.

The conflict between Jojo and Dio has been the highlight of Phantom Blood, and this fight between them was no exception. It was tense, well-paced, and exciting; there was a good back-and-forth which got me invested in rooting for Jojo to win. It was a satisfying conclusion to their elemental antipathy.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV 9

This, however, was not particularly satisfying, indeed rather anticlimactic after the events of the previous episode. The events on the ship were a lot weaker in both concept and execution, and closed the story on a whimper instead of a bang.
Pulling the "he didn't really die" card for the second time is lame. Dio being a floating head doesn't help matters either.

IV8MrnM.jpg

Props on avoiding Engrish though.

Overall, Phantom Blood had its strong moments, episodes 1-3 and 8 in particular, but it wasn't particularly amazing. Despite pushing through a lot of material quickly it still felt draggy in places, especially in how long it spent in Wind Knights Lot. Hamon energy is not particularly interesting, and the fights paled in comparison to anything from the Stardust Crusaders OVAs. The best parts were when the relationship between two people became the driving force of the narrative, Dio and Jojo of course and to a much lesser extent Poco and his sister. It got distracted from that a fair bit though, and Erina isn't enough of a character to make her relationship with Jojo interesting.

I know Phantom Blood is supposed to be the worst of the parts of Jojo, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to enjoy Battle Tendency as much as others have. Especially with Sugita there!

Mature

Ano Natsu de Matteru 1

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow. I'm getting massive Onegai Sensei, Toradora and Summer Wars vibes at the same time, and on top of that, there's something about the visuals that makes everything look just a bit old-fashioned as well as high profile. What are these magical feelings that I'm having right now???
Ano Natsu is a lot of good ol' melodramatic fun with some interesting twists and turns. I seem to remember the production quality being above average for basically the entirety of the show, too.

Narag

I know Phantom Blood is supposed to be the worst of the parts of Jojo, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to enjoy Battle Tendency as much as others have. Especially with Sugita there!

Next ep is one of the best in the series, I thought. Just right to it especially with that godlike soundtrack.

cajunator

Banned
I wouldn't know who mai waifu is, though I think Cajun referred to Miyukichi as such and I'm ok with it.

Heehee. She's even real too!

Since, like me you are a fig collector , that is understandable.

i am ..i have np time left and several games in the backlog but i did it anyway..
for the same reason as yours

it lasted longer than i expected.

Yeah I certainly do collect a couple figures.

cnet128

Banned
Strike the Blood 5

This show is starting to bore me. There's just nothing going on that feels remotely original or interesting; I think Kyoukai no Kanata probably has a more interesting narrative than this does. And this show doesn't even have any cute girls to hold my interest either.

I feel a little guilty turning my back on the wonderful Hosoya Yoshimasa in the lead role, but he's not enough to justify watching this show on his own. Dropped.

Baoh

So there's 45 minutes I'm NEVER getting back. This thing was so dumb. Like they seriously made up powers and plot points at the drop of a hat. Like the native dude being from a tribe and the bandanna limiting his psychic powers. Faces were melted off frequently, in addition to the good ol' fashioned skull crush that List anime needs to have, it seems. The plot was stupid as hell and the villains just kinda ranted on about the dumbest of things, with them having no real plan to speak of. I can't quite decide if I am thankful for the fact that it was only 45 minutes, or if the thing genuinely suffered because of that. I mean, I genuinely suffered because of it, but I don't think "only" applies in that case.

Whatever, it is dumb and done and we're moving on.

I'm just amazed Araki went on to create Jojo (granted, that was three years after Baoh started).

I'm fairly sure it's a pretty faithful adaptation of the manga. I read a bit of it once, but it was even more boring than the OVA.

Articalys

Some have legitimate concerns as to who to choose , almost like a generic harem lead .
Being able to properly manage and balance a harem is probably one of the most important skills for a male LN protagonist to have.

Don't think it would have much practical value on a resume, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's because of shit like this that Yakuza 5 isn't being localized :(

I hate when people blame Miku for Y5 not getting localized. Look, I have a copy of Project Diva F. And Yakuza 5 is by FAR my most wanted game. Mlku had nothing to do with Y5 not being localized. Miku has like...a FRACTION of the text that Yakuza 5 does. The entire localization budget of Miku wouldn't cover 20% of Yakuza's localization costs.

EDIT:

haha not directly. just works as a easy scapegoat.

Oh. Well, at least you admit it. :lol

cajunator

Banned
I hate when people blame Miku for Y5 not getting localized. Look, I have a copy of Project Diva F. And Yakuza 5 is by FAR my most wanted game. Mlku had nothing to do with Y5 not being localized. Miku has like...a FRACTION of the text that Yakuza 5 does. The entire localization budget of Miku wouldn't cover 20% of Yakuza's localization costs.

This is true. But Diva F is still better :D

Saint Seiya Omega 77
tumblr_mvlzrftEox1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Koga and Eden pose was the best as well as
everyone pouring their cosmo into Koga to open the Gate of Time. Classical and nothing special or unique about it, but combined with the song made for one of the best moments this arc

Being able to properly manage and balance a harem is probably one of the most important skills for a male LN protagonist to have.

You could disguise that skill and write "team manager with practical experience" then on resumes. Could work.

It's because of shit like this that Yakuza 5 isn't being localized :(

They have nothing in common.
Sega is publising but it's crypton that is devellopping , not only crypton wanted to go internationnal but they even apported a demo of project diva at several E3 testing the waters.
Yakuza 5 is sega fault alone because they are themselves ( whole team is busy ) and the game are huge to localise ..the guy that was pushing for localisation left sega after dead souls was released , and nobody took his place .

So , moral of the story , don't attack miku , she is a gentle girl if anything project diva games are more related to virtua fighter than yakuza

Nordicus

Well, if there are several superpowered waifus in the midst, then you'd have to get good at managing security measures and personnel rather quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom