• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Kill la Kill ep.1

So yeah. That was pretty cool.

Oh, and of course
there's a vocal insert song for the climax of the fight. Based Sawano

Necrovex

How have you not seen Inferno Cop yet?

Because Crunchyroll doesn't have it. :-(

Kill la Kill 1

Anime is saved. The artstyle is fantastic. The outfit is orgiastic. Matoi is an awesome lead. The writing reminded me of a combination between FLCL and Gurren Lagann. If the quality remains static, this could be my AOTY. Best first episode of the year.

fertygo

Kill-la-Kill - 01

That very damn entertaining, the humor is fit to my taste.. that being said its doesn't live up to my expectation in production value (yet?) and the OST sucked. Its totally my thing to look in this season though.

Gazoinks

Kill la Kill 1

Hey, this is the first time I've simulcasted a show. Anyway, pretty much what I expected, which was awesome. 7TH was on the money when s/he said it felt more like FLCL than TTGL.

LordCanti

It definitely felt a lot like FLCL, which is to say that it was pretty much exactly what I wanted. I was a little bit worried that the sexyfuku would be a little over the top in the wrong way, but it was actually over the top in the right way. I'm in love with the art style, the voice acting is great, and....

It's been saved. Again!

Yonafunu

Kill la Kill is closer to FLCL episode 5 than to Gurren-Lagann, so far.
Which is actually really cool.

Kill la Kill 1

Hey, this is the first time I've simulcasted a show. Anyway, pretty much what I expected, which was awesome. 7TH was on the money when s/he said it felt more like FLCL than TTGL.

As if I wasn't hyped already, you guys had to go and include my favorite anime. I'm hyped beyond belief, but no way I'm watching this with delayed audio.

It definitely felt a lot like FLCL, which is to say that it was pretty much exactly what I wanted. I was a little bit worried that the sexyfuku would be a little over the top in the wrong way, but it was actually over the top in the right way. I'm in love with the art style, the voice acting is great, and....

It's been saved. Again!

Dammit, you too?!

Looks cool.

But I couldn't help thinking that the moment the guys appeared, the designs and animation looked similar to The Boondocks.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 333 – The Risks of the Reanimation Jutsu
tumblr_mu3bt9QFjK1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Song for the new OP (no.14) Size of Moon from Nogizaka46, sounds nice and has good coloring direction (the red and black and how they do it at the end), while the ED has a nice feel to it but has that amazing Sasuke focus and image. (Black Night Town - Akihisa Kondō).

Good episode for some action
Tsunade being impaled by the stone looked way more shocking here than in the manga
while the Kabuto, Sasuke, Itachi stuff served as a nice intro for next week.

Oh snap, new OP is here?

Hope its as good as the previous one.

ku-xlarge.jpg

magi getting the censors in taiwan.

So what's the uncensored version?

7Th

To be fair, most first episodes are good. Derails don't happen until later in the show; see: Star Driver.

Kill-La-Kill - 1

Hell yes. Right from the start this show has so much energy. So good.

Cannot wait to see that scissor become the scissor that busts through the heavens!

Extended sales numbers are in.
Code:
2013 09/23~09/29 BD List
[B]Magi[/B] -- 7,051 BD+DVD average over ten volumes
[B]Amnesia[/B] -- 3,301 BD+DVD average over six volumes
[B]Hyoubu Kyousuke[/B] -- 2,912 BD+DVD average over six volumes
[B]Hakkenden[/B] -- 2,175 BD+DVD average over six volumes
[B]Robotics;Notes[/B] -- 1,080 BD+DVD average over nine volumes
[/QUOTE]

Ill never forget Amnesia. 
Anyway am glad Hyoubu Kyousuke and Hakkenden finished off decently, hopefully they did get more manga sales.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Really not seeing the similarities between Kill la Kill and FLCL. They are like polar opposites almost.

Kill la Kill was way too breakneck with its pace, and the battle sequence was kinda just lame. It lacked a good back and forth, and the rush through all the content to set things up made moments like finding the suit not really pop in the way that they should have.

LordCanti

Really not seeing the similarities between Kill la Kill and FLCL. They are like polar opposites almost.

It's like FLCL in terms of the humor and the animation somewhat (not necessarily the look, but the style/fluidity when stuff pops off). The
finishing move
was very reminiscent of
when Naota finally "swung the bat" in FLCL.

The humor about the
dead classmate
was very much in the same vein as FLCL. It was like "Oh, yeah, he got
murdered by the student council but that shit happens all the time so don't even worry about it"

Kill La Kill 1

Was only moderately hyped for this and it exceeded my expectations. It's wacky, off the wall, and very entertaining. I'm glad the series addresses the ridiculously skimpy outfit by having the main character [spoiiler]be super embarrassed when she has to wear it[/spoiler]

All in on this series

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 1

Was only moderately hyped for this and it exceeded my expectations. It's wacky, off the wall, and very entertaining. I'm glad the series addresses the ridiculously skimpy outfit by having the main character
be super embarrassed when she has to wear it

All in on this series

^I agree with that spoiler!
One of the things I was more meh about going into the show was Ryuuko's battle outfit, but I liked the way they handled her reaction to it.

Yes will definitely pick it up, wonder what the pricing will be since its 15minute versus 24 minute episodes.

Still waiting on the hardcover to the next volume to come :(

Another Crunchyroll simulcast for the season with Little Busters! Refrain. Airing Saturdays at 7:00am PDT.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...hyroll-to-stream-little-busters-refrain-anime

No multihour delay this time is excellent. 2nd anime of mine on Saturdays (Ace of Diamond).

fertygo

Me too feeling Kill-la-Kill closer to FLCL than TTGL, especially for the animation.. much more focus to limited frame technique than actual animation.

Not even into one minute of Pokemon Origins and I'm already being swept away by the wave of nostalgia.

Light beams > Swedish road signs

They're both horrible.

In spite of the above comments, I actually sort of love Pikachu. He's too snuggly to ever truly hate.

True.

Still have the Pikachu doll that my mother won for me as a kid somewhere in my closet.

The thing is still soft as the day she brought it home.

Shes better than most IS girls.

She's better than England.

That's all I would agree with.

*sigh* Fine, here we go again.

http://strawpoll.me/499085

Surprised to see Char not winning.

Disappointed that people actually voted for worst girl.

Best Girl

I think England and China are the worst.

Rin isn't that bad.

I would actually place her in the middle of the pack right alongside Laura.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's like FLCL in terms of the humor and the animation somewhat. The
finishing move
was very reminiscent of
when Naota finally "swung the bat" in FLCL.
To me they were completely different in terms of tone, setting, and theme. Kill la Kill presents this crazy world upfront and an equal absurd character tries to cut through that. It is set on a large scale in this abstract world and tends to stick to more abstract concepts like subjugation and obedience. FLCL is a very personal story that presents relatable themes in an ordinary town invaded by absurdity. It's dealing with stuff like complacency, coming of age, sibling rivalries, etc.

Even when it comes to action and presentation Kill la Kill is always focused on conflict. FLCL is often purposefully meandering with brief and intense punctuations of action.
The humor about the
dead classmate
was very much in the same vein as FLCL. It was like "Oh, yeah, he got
murdered by the student council but that shit happens all the time so don't even worry about it"
FLCL is not really like this at all...

so1337

Kill La Kill 01

This is way goofier than I expected. Genuinely got a couple of laughs out of me. Action is top-notch, too. I'm excited to see more.

Kill la Kill 1

Well that was over the top as fuck. Some wacky yet limiting framework being done here, but there was a lot going on to the point that it felt longer than a standard TV episode, but i guess the lack of an OP does that to you.
And I wouldn't mind skimping on OPs considering I only watch them once unless I'm enamored with it.

Good to see Matoi isn't very fond of her skimpy suit. It's kind of weird in that it tries to skirt away from giving you the "views" of panties, but it's fine with the underboob at least. We did get one shot of the underoos though, but that better not be a damn "It's actually a leotard" excuse.

Great way to kick off the show. I'm on board for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom