• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

FLCL is not really like this at all...

The first encounter between Naota and Haruka is her nearly killing him with a motorcycle and it's all played up for laughs. No one is saying it's exactly like FLCL, but there are shades.

There's definitely Gurren Lagann in there as well. It's pretty clear that this show is going to be her
fighting through the ranks of the underlings
for a while at least. That's very reminiscent of GL.

Most people should keep this simple truth in mind at the start of every season.

I'm always prepared for things to go completely sideways.

Crocodile

I hope they cool it with the BIG RED LETTERING all over the place for names and such. Got annoying pretty quickly.

Otherwise, AWESOME.

Ridiculous, frantic, over the top and occasional brutal are all words you could use to describe this. Others have said the episode is more FLCL than Gurren Lagann and I can definitely see that. Also Ryuko is FANTASTIC. Love her so much <3 <3 <3

Coming off Attack on Titan, the OST defiantly has a Sawano feel but I liked the AoT OST and I like what I've heard here so far.

Get out of here with your logic and tempered, resonable statements :p

The UtaPri shining airlines stuff is so good, I wouldnt mind flying/getting
tumblr_mu38wdvZui1s5vhboo5_1280.jpg
tumblr_mu3isuSZFE1r34txmo1_1280.jpg

BluWacky

So I've just watched the OP of Golden Time and am monumentally confused.

The OP features no characters other than the heroine and presumably the male protagonist. It's very clear about the story's trajectory. It gives absolutely no indication of any reason why one should want to watch the show - it doesn't preview anything to come, it's just the girl dancing and being in love with the boy.

What's the show's hook, if the romance is already revealed in the OP? I looked up the show on Wikipedia and it seems to have a ridiculous high concept plot as only an LN romance can have, but there's nothing to suggest any of this from the OP.

It's weird. Maybe I'm over-analysing it, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Not sure if it was posted, but Funimation uploaded their dub trailer for Wolf Children.

That high tempo music does not fit at all to me. They could have selected any of the tracks from Masakatsu Takagi's score and received better results than this.

Actually don't mind the DUB voices for once.

Plan on watching Uchouten and Kami-sama, but I guess I shouldn't be expecting a S2 for either of them.

5229411zvufi.png

It came with heavenly meido Kurumi, so there oughta be a freakin' zero on the end of that.

tumblr_lcgepfaYDy1qbhtrto1_500.gif

Giant blue genie boobs with nipple rings.

Was kinda hoping for a NSFW link lol.

Off to find the image I go!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The show appeals to lots of people for different reasons. I was initially drawn to the promise of fun mysteries but the fun part was missing. Instead the show got too involved in its own almost pretentious ideas to realize it should have been having fun. Luckily they figured this out by the festival arc and stopped trying to be a literature piece.
What wasn't fun about 1-11?

fertygo

Obligatory

7h6UjY3.jpg

Btw in more serious respond, I think like everyone already mentioning.. its will came to you clicking to the Imaishi's style or not.. people that like it not gonna bug too much till the end and vice versa.

Jex

Harshing my mellow here.

The intent is not to harsh mellows, but to smooth out the ride for those participants who may not be familiar with the fact that a good number of shows start on a strong note and then decline. This is because studios, rightly, but a lot of work into making the show start with a bang so that they can reel in an audience. If a show still looks as good in it's 6th episode as it's first (and assuming the quality has not dipped in between) then that's fairly impressive. Or, at the very least, it suggests that the production is well organized and on track.

jman2050

I don't know, when I reflect on KLK I'm reminded much more of the wackier parts of Abenoboshi than I am of FLCL, though there are some very obvious stylistic nods to the latter.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The intent is not to harsh mellows, but to smooth out the ride for those participants who may not be familiar with the fact that a good number of shows start on a strong note and then decline. This is because studios, rightly, but a lot of work into making the show start with a bang so that they can reel in an audience. If a show still looks as good in it's 6th episode as it's first (and assuming the quality has not dipped in between) then that's fairly impressive. Or, at the very least, it suggests that the production is well organized and on track.
If you actually watch the show it's obvious that Kill la Kill is still holding back.

Most first episodes suck.

Willing to agree.

*put

That is also true. Granted, I think this is one of the few anime that I'm willing to stick to instead of wait and see, or just drop it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Judging by the lack of screenshots have we come to a gentlemen's agreement not to spoil a single frame of Kill la Kill?

Yonafunu

KILL la KILL 1

That was great. I loved the pacing and the intensity. There was just enough exposition to keep the viewer interested without going overboard. The characters are awesome so far, the humour's great, and the voice acting is superb.
The one thing I could see people potentially having a problem with, aside from the breakneck pace, is the storyboarding (and by extension, animation). It's extremely Imaishi, for better or worse. Personally, I liked it, but I can see how it could get tiring.

CorvoSol

Pokemon: The Origin pt. 2

-Why did I cry at that stupid
Cubone and Marowak scene. Why are memories from when I was 11 making me cry 14 years later what is happening.
-This Pokemon is hella dark compared to the old show. I mean, Pokemon Tower is now a tower for Pokemon who DIED in BATTLE. That's Ransei levels of horror, not Kanto. Then you see a Rocket KILL a Pokemon. Plus last episode's violent biting.
-What the hell why would you ever do Misty in a montage come on Pokemon Company we all wanted to see that.
-I'm glad Red went with Jolteon, because if you can't have Espeon, you might as well choose the next coolest Eevolution.
-What is wrong with you, Blue? I mean, in the next country over there is a Ghost Gym. One of the Elite Four of your joint-nation Indigo League wields Ghost types. Ghosts are a matter of scientific fact in your world, kid. C'mon.
-Koffing for Trollmon of the forever. His face during that whole fight, OMG.
-So glad to see Red get one over Blue.
-Reina is the most Cajun of all. She's definitely a Cajun-style waifu.

I need more. I'm gonna wind up watching the entire Pokemon show, aren't I?

Dave1988

Kill la Kill ep. 1

Trigger delivered hard. The setting is interesting, the characters are wacky, and the action is amazingly OTT. I effin' loved every second of it. Animu is saved.

Soma

Kill La Kill Episode 01

This is the high-school battle anime Medaka Box dreamed of being.

For all its awesomeness, I can see some people being turned off by how risque some of the scenes can be (mostly to do with Matoi's outfit). I think it fits well within the bombastic, over-the-top atmosphere this show has though. I honestly don't mind that and it's a nice change of pace from the usual mellow anime series I enjoy watching. If this show can maintain this level of craziness through out its air time, I think we'll be in for a really fun ride.

Kill La Kill - 1

When it came to the layouts, animation, and Sawano's bombastic score, Trigger delivered for me. It's as frantic and over the top as I expected it to be, if not morseo. The first half actually flew through setup and exposition at such a breakneck pace that it came close to being executed in an unwieldly fashion though. The actions scenes themselves didn't have much presence in this first episode either, but the build up to these fights were what stood out to me more with their own bouts of idling animation. And even though there were some instances of CG that I noticed, I'd say they were rather tastefully done, brief, and fit the art style nicely. So for the most part, I was quite impressed. Looking forward to more!

cajunator

Banned
Kill La Kill 01

What is anime? Anime is...

KILL LA FUCKING KILL

This is totally old school Gainax style. Way over the top. Exaggerated everything. Exhausting. Addicting.

Yeah this is what people were waiting for.
Also, Team Big Hat Loli still.

Kill la Kill 1

Who needs room to breathe when the AOTY is playing in front of you?

For real though, that was a good first episode. It moved at a quick pace while still doling out enough info to follow along. Ryuuko is fiery and impulsive but still appropriately embarrassed, which I was a bit relieved by. The humour was genuinely amusing, and the student council set-up reminded me of Utena, which is alright by me.

Anime is saved, may it continue to be saved weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom