• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay new thread! Another season of shows for me to be vaguely excited about and then completely fail to watch.

The only one I know I will make an effort to watch is Galilei Donna. I hope I get around to some of the sakuga shows like Kill La Kill, Kyousogiga, Yozakura Quartet and Kyoukai no Kanata but I won't be prioritising them as it's really just the animation that's attracting me to them rather than plot stuff.

There are no shoujo adaptations this season, are there? Meganebu is an anime original and there's a bunch of slashy shounen or shounen-style shows, but no actual shoujo.

Gingitsune is a seinen manga, but may as well be shoujo considering its lead and tone.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It was a mix between bring the GameBoy in a lot and being knowledgable about games (I'd give tips on how to beat OoT for example even though I didn't own it). That and calling a gal "Boy" was the kind of cheeky thing school kids like to do.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So that "quitting" thing? Let's just say that I wasn't exactly what you'd call, uhh, stable when that was going on. When I'm in an especially dark place, my insecurities magnify a thousand percent and I am wont to all manner of erratic behavior including perceiving imaginary offense. I regret that I sometimes act in ways that are beneath me and hope that all can just be forgotten.

back on topic, I seriously cannot believe that KILL LA KILL is going to be BEAMED INTO MY EYES in LESS THAN A WEEK.
You should update your avatar, because that one you're using elsewhere is too good for one website.

Devil May Cry 1-9
An interesting series to make into an anime. So far I've noticed that each episode follows a same pattern that Dante receives a job. It doesn't quite seem related to demons at first but then, the demons come. Dante slays them but in someway screws up some he doesn't really get payment and then he complains about it in his office. And episode 8 had some feels

Why isnt Diabolik Lovers in the op, yours truly needs to be seen.
tumblr_mtly22j30d1qckkfko1_500.gif
tumblr_mtly22j30d1qckkfko2_500.png

Hunter x Hunter - 98

So we're finally at the D-9 part...
it's my less favorite part of this arc but i understand that people wnated some action in their shonen ... i hope they won't disapoint ( especially on killua )

Omg. Made it to the wall of shame first time ever (it was because of short thread though). Also this season looks very promising. Going to at least start a lot of different series.

Westlo

Interested

COPPELION
Kyoukai no Kanata
Kill la Kill
Golden Time
Hajime no Ippo Rising
Tokyo Ravens
Galilei Donna

Slightly Interested

Kuroko no Basuke 2 (already read the manga, might just watch the big matches for dat sakuga)
BLAZBLUE ALTER MEMORY
Ace of Diamond
Kyousougiga (I'll have to watch that OVA first though)
IS: Infinite Stratos 2 (<3 Charles)
Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~
pupa

I like watched 34 episodes of anime from the Summer season, wonder if I can top that this season...

Hunter x Hunter 98
tumblr_mtvmewoTX71s8m5dpo2_500.gif

Overheating was funny, but otherwise I felt as if it was really txty episode and what not. Most interesting moment was the promise discussion
why wouldnt Gon accept. It feels as if it means bad things may happen to their friendship, which will be a challenge to endure and face. Will hope Killua remains strong for Gon.

Taruranto

You're attracted to Galilei Donna by its plot?

Galilei Donna sounds like one of these anime where the producers have some ideas but they don't know how to make them cool enough to sell so they turn the whole cast into little girls/anime girls and call it a day. (sorta like that K-on goes at war anime)

A Certain Scientific R&#822;a&#822;i&#822;l&#822;g&#822;u&#822;n&#822; Saten 24

It was a pretty formulaic ending here, but I guess it was alright. Every Railgun character shows up (plus a bunch of random cameos at the end), pretty much every Fripside OP/ED is played, and Saten saves the day
in a mobile suit.
I guess Index III is next.

Galilei Donna sounds like one of these anime where the producers have some ideas but they don't know how to make them cool enough to sell so they turn the whole cast into little girls/anime girls and call it a day. (sorta like that K-on goes at war anime)

You're obviously not familiar with Yasuomi Umetsu.

jbug617

Banned
So excited for the Fall shows

Ace of Diamond
Hajime no Ippo Rising
Kill La Kill
Golden Time
Yowamushi Pedal
Kuroko no Basket S2
Blazblue Alter Memory
Infinite Stratos 2
Walkure Romanze

I guess whats on mine Im planning to watch
Ace of The Diamond
Galilei Donna
Samurai Flamenco
Valvrave 2
Gundam Build Fighters
Kyoukai no Kanata
Meganebu!
Killl la Kill
Coppelion
Log Horizon
Yowamushi Pedal
Kuroko's Basketball S2
Magi Kingdom of Magic
Blazblue Alter Memory
Nagi no Asukara
Little Busters! Refrain
Phi Brain 3
Tokyo Ravens
Diabolik Lovers
Super Seisyun Brothers

-
First post is right about the cast of Yowamushi Pedal, especially

zeroshiki

Its not yet October?

Anxiously waiting the next KyoAni show that will be a disappointment :( This is getting into Sonic cycle levels or ridiculousness.

Tenumi

Banned
So, I meant to only watch, like, 3 shows from this season, with them being:

Kill la Kill
Kyoukai no Kanata
IS: Infinite Stratos 2

... Instead, I picked up half the season as well.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova
Coppelion
Galilei Donna
Golden Time
Nagi no Asukara
Strike the Blood
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
Wanna Be the Strongest in the World

Giving those all a chance. Still, I think I have a little problem...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nice op duckroll. You're the best.

Literally didn't watch any anime from the summer season outside of Love Lab which I will finish and Uchouten which was one of the worst shows I've watched this year. Anything else worth checking out? Did Rozen Maiden actually end up being a good show? And what was that one SDBurton show?

Looking forward to some more VVV this season. Galileo Galilei Donna looks intriguing as does Flamenco. KnK looks awesome, KlK less so. And finally being a baseball dork, Ace of Diamond might be the only baseball I watch this October if the Rays complete their choke job today.
Fuck the Rangers and screw all their fans.

Also Gundam Fighters, anime of the season. Season looks really interesting overall. Kind of excited. Anime Cycle is like the Texans cycle for all my fellow American football dorks.

Whoever sqid Ippo has gone downhill is crazy. Its just that Hawk was the perfect enemy for Takamura, bit he is not the main character. Lot of good and potential foils for Ippo. They gotta add something with Ricardo Martinez though.

Conan-san

Railgun S 24

How many
Giant Robots
has Thouma used as
millisles to take down a Kill Satellite?

Yeah, that's what I thought,

Watch Railgun.

Westlo

Whoever sqid Ippo has gone downhill is crazy. Its just that Hawk was the perfect enemy for Takamura, bit he is not the main character. Lot of good and potential foils for Ippo. They gotta add something with Ricardo Martinez though.

Roughly how far off is the
Miyata vs Randy
fight? S4? S5? S6?.... S12?

Midonin

The Railgun S finale was wonderful. I know the Sisters arc is the one that has more impact on things down the line, etc. But I liked the second arc more, and its finale more than that. Teamwork feels so much more satisfying to watch. Where else would I get to see Uiharu and Saten pilot a giant robot together and punch things?

Aizo

Banned
Subscribed in preparation to never be able to catch up with this thread like usual, and to post impressions about shows that nobody else watches.

kewlmyc

Looking forward to Valvarave, BlazBlue (which will most likely suck), Kill a Kill, and Magi. Will also watch Pokemon the ORIGIN and Madoka 3 if it plays in my State or close to it. Also looking forward to participating in AnimeGAF more.

Will probably keep an eye on IS 2. I hate Ichika and Houki with a passion, but will probably still see where the story (lol) goes.

CorvoSol

Speaking of Tactics Ogre, I never did finish LuCT. Feel kinda bad about that, but man, that horrid EXP rate makes the game brutal.

Defuser

Lets see...

Golden Time
Samurai Flamenco
COPPELION
Log Horizon
Nagi no Asukara
Kyoukai no Kanata
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku o Ketsui Shimashita
Strike the Blood
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
Kill la Kill
Galilei Donna
Valvrave S2
Magi S2
Infinite Stratos S2

Aww yeah! Phi Brain season 3! Where's mah Phi brain bros at? DTL? Arti? R_thanos?
Lets gooooo puzzle time!!

Aizo

Banned
Speaking of Tactics Ogre, I never did finish LuCT. Feel kinda bad about that, but man, that horrid EXP rate makes the game brutal.

I bought it a couple weeks ago, but haven't started. Your comment is really going to make me keep putting it off..

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
rozen maiden zurückspulen 13
it's like they finished things up nicely, then just vomited over themselves before the curtain closed. i don't even know what happened. i liked the parts of this show that were more grounded in reality, but the abstract stuff between dimensions was all just really bad.

CorvoSol

I bought it a couple weeks ago, but haven't started. Your comment is really going to make me keep putting it off..

It's a really good game, like Final Fantasy Tactics but with a lot more. It's just the EXP rates make it hard to go up levels and in turn, the end game kinda gets rough 'n tumble.

Galileidonna is directed by Yasuomi Umetsu and I didn't even know this? How didn't I know this? What the fuck?

I don't even know where my hype is at now, but I'm dropping it at the first sign of gratuitous sex or creepy robot fetishization!

After googling him, my hype is intensified. Hope he delivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom