• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

School Rumble 2

Okay this is good stuff. Tenma is so hilariously dense. And the last part was great. I was all like "She's the only dumb enough to think of this". Did not expect Harima to be there posing as the doctor. This is pretty damn entertaining.

Harima is so awesome. He better win everything.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
KnK 8:
Some good animation and plot stuff this episode but really, there is no sense of flow in the fighting at all. It's just random bits of detailed effects colliding into other bits of detailed effects. It's like if Ben-To had an actual budget.

wonzo

Banned
Super Yoyo 4-6

superyoyo4.jpg
superyoyo4a.jpg

superyoyo4b.jpg
superyoyo4c.jpg

An inspiring tale of a gay young chronic masturbator vicariously living out his sexual frustrations through yoyo's and masochistic training gloves. He find his own FABULOUS little place in the world with competitive Yoyo's, the scene of which is filled to the brim with other kids just like him, each with their own sexual hang ups like that one kid with the toilet fetish. Together they Yo, yo!

this also has:

• wheelchair moe
    superyoyo4d.jpg
  • shy moe
    superyoyo6.jpg
  • dorky despair unmoe
    superyoyo6a.jpg

Okay, the second page of Right Stuf's sale is up properly now.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main...blackFriday02/
At least tsuritama's on sale.

Moribito bluray set #2 is on sale but not set #1. what aworld
The Moribito US BD's are actually worse looking than the DVD's!

Shengar

Edit: Or Spice and Wolf S3 natch.
At this point, Fullmetal Panic S3 is much more possible than SW S3.
http://www.mushishi-anime.com/

Mushishi 1-hour TV special confirmed.

Jan 4 2014 on Tokyo MX at 23:30

Director: Hiroshi Nagahama
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Animation Production: Artland

Why is it just one hour?
phoenix-emo.gif

The date is perfect for my plan rewatching Mushishi though.
So the story is adapted from two special chapters eh? I guess we could count that as original story then. I hope for Episode 22 level of quality.

Well shit I think wonzo made Super YoYo sound better than I could've hope to do.

Dude's so frustrated he's trying to have a physical relation with his Hyper Dragon yoyo.

Mechnmals 1

I think this was in Korean, because I THINK this is set in Korea or something. I'm guessing because they said Korea. So we have a tale of 5 teenagers, the Bitch I look like Goku kid has breakfest with his mom and pops. How they fucking lived through her purple stew of death is something I've wondered.... for five minutes.

Apparently, we see some albino and Bitch I look like Goku's dad on the floor dead from his mother's cooking, presumably because the real dad found out about her affair, so she needed to get rid of the evidence... or stop them from giving their kids Giant Robot cars.
(by the way, like Toei, they hate the green dude of the show because it's the only one that isn't a dino.)

After testing out their cars, WHICH BY THE WAY THEY HAD A GROUP HENSHIN RIGHT OFF THE BAT! MECHNMALS DOES WHAT TOEI DOESN'T!, their dads acted like manchildren with their toy cars. Finally having a kickass robot animal car in stow, Bitch I look like Goku got the courage to call his mother's cooking shit and stole her credit card so that way they can eat real food and travel to the desert that is North Korea (I assume).

And then they just happened to run into time travelers who are basically them from the future. Only Bitch I look like Vegeta was amused.

What actually happens, I don't fucking know, this is my interpretation of what happens, no one knows why they gave them cars outside of pushing their merchandise.

Dub or sub for School Rumble? Or does it not matter?

I watched the dub and like Harima's dub voice better. Tenma is good in both. Some of the other characters are worse in dub though.

It's great, though it annoys me how after season 2 they just skip a good chunk of manga chapters and go "Here, have your ending even though we skipped much of the important drama, bye!"

Yeah. I'd rather skip the Sangakki OAV. Read the rest of the manga instead if you really want to know how it ends. Ending is pretty crappy anyway.

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta 7

They really went all out here. Best episode yet. Really crammed some top-notch choreography in there.

I hope this does well enough for another season. As much as I love the Lila arc, I think I like the one after it a bit more.

fertygo

Beyond the Boundary - 08

Man the dialogue went to shit again, I thought its getting better or at least I'm getting used to it in past few episode, but no I hate how these motherfucker trying to being edgy or snarky in every banter. Otherwise, good episode.. I'm really enjoying it as mediocre LN Chuunibyou show just with pretty polish, unlike those that without budget.

Doki Doki Precure 40

Even when taken over by the power of blue, Mana is the first person to get mentioned. Speaking of blue, BLUE REGINA STOCK FOOTAGE!

And we're reminded that Makoto can sing... and that Mana never got Makoto's autograph. Girl be slacking son.
Aguri's also a closet fan.

c5Tvnr1.jpg

Anyway, there was some ugly art about, Sword got her declaration, and I wish this GIF was longer to show Regina bitch slapping Sword. And Power Ups.

Anyway, Precure (especially Fresh onward) seem to have difficulty in resolving their plot lines, so I can't really remember all of them. We have Legendary Treasures, Ace, Regina, Trump Kingdom Restoration, what else...?

NEXT TIME, Alice has a dream. And either night fighting or fighting.... IN SPACE. And buy our new single please? It'll make you think of Regina, aka the girl who brings in the ratings as well as boosts quality.

Pooya

Dragon Ball-ion - 8

WTF was this, lalalalalala. I can't stop lmao.

2k6zkl.jpg

that self awareness

This episode turned into a full on shounen battle, WOW. Complete with shouting out ATTACKS. Sakamoto's "MEGATON PUNCHU!' lolololol

197lzh.jpg

That face! best girl rules, everyone else drools.

Ibara-senpai is so badass in this episode they can't help but to show her crotch AGAIN and AGAIN. This show had next to zero fan service until this episode but here was almost like a Yozakura Quartet episode, it's all right into your face, when Ibara senpai ended up wearing that thing anyway? so very bad.

http://abload.de/img/35ja9y.jpg
so lewd, once you see it you can't unsee >_<

http://abload.de/img/4cgjh1.jpg
why -_-

hand drawn bike and tank were a bit QUALITY but at least it wasn't some cheap CG, they needed to be hand drawn otherwise the whole scene would look like shit with characters. Action was nice even with still shots here and there, liked it, this episode as a whole was batshit insane next to everything else before it.

This week piss filter overpowered puke green filter overall. goddammit.

I don't know why I'm enjoying this shit so much anymore, it's really messy but still entertaining. The episode was throwing everything at the viewer from crotch shots to tanks and shonen battle!

sonicmj1

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 4-7

This is some good shit.

It's kind of hard to talk about, but they're just nailing everything. I was surprised by how dangerous and powerful the gunshots felt in the shootout in the fourth episode. I like how the Pluto battle evolved our understanding of the Gamillians while portraying a great tense showdown. And there was a lot of humanity in the downbeat seventh episode, in the kinds of messages everyone was sending home.

iq9Q4lUcgKXbK.jpg

This show's got lots of great artistic design that's already been well-highlighted, so I'll just point out this blink-and-you'll-miss-it thematically-obvious novel drop in Episode 7. It's Fyodor Dostoyevsky's classic Crime and Punishment! Does Raskolnikov's guilt over murdering two people in cold blood solely to prove a personal theory really have any relation to the survivor's guilt those two old naval men face? Who cares!

It reminds me a lot of Star Trek (which I admittedly haven't seen that much of), down to how they don't seem to acknowledge the existence of any of the nameless redshirts that bit the dust in 5-6. And that's a great thing. Even with the Earth on the verge of extinction, it feels optimistic about space and humanity, and I love that feeling.

Onward, Space Battleship Yamato!

Code:Breaker 2-

Still feels like a List show. Female lead is obnoxious.

Code:Breaker isn't the only good show to feel that way initially though. Valvrave is pretty "Oh god what am I watching?" at first. Only after a couple more episodes do you realise you're watching genius at work.

I will say though, Sakurakouji(?) is one of the reasons C:B felt like an 8 instead of a 9 to me, for whatever 1 magic internet opinion point is worth. She's not too bad overall either, and I think the show does a good job of not making everything about her as the story progresses.

Code:Breaker isn't the only good show to feel that way initially though. Valvrave is pretty "Oh god what am I watching?" at first. Only after a couple more episodes do you realise you're watching genius at work.

But Valvrave is a comedy, or it was back in season 1 when it was a better show. The few episodes of Code:breaker that I watched weren't particularly funny.

I will say though, Sakurakouji(?) is one of the reasons C:B felt like an 8 instead of a 9 to me, for whatever 1 magic internet opinion point is worth. She's not too bad overall either, and I think the show does a good job of not making everything about her as the story progresses.

Sakura Sakurakouji is hilarious; I love the naive fool. But yes, she becomes less important as the series progresses and the Code:Breaker organization becomes more prominent.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kyousougiga Episode 6:

Right, let us let the real game begin as it looks like we are finally moving forward; indeed, we have more flashbacks but these have a narrative tightness that has been lacking in the past few episodes, though it does have the end result of making Episode 5 a worse episode since we have the full flashback on display and I can't think of a good reason why this was carried over for two episodes. All and all, Kyousougiga is starting to show its chops once again, as the events leading up to Episode 0 become more focused. The series is certainly easier to understand now, though I have never thought that was entirely a good thing. Still not seeing this as the most brilliant show of the season until we can actually properly move forward. They have to run out of footage to use at some point right?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Context is almost always a good thing.

This is true, though my issue is Kyousougiga is being inefficient about contextualizing things. Six episodes in and we are STILL contextualizing shit that happened from the OVA with no end in sight.

Jarmel

Banned
This is true, though my issue is Kyousougiga is being inefficient about contextualizing things. Six episodes in and we are STILL contextualizing shit that happened from the OVA with no end in sight.

Yea I know. They're pretty much out of material to milk though so we should be getting new footage.

Kyousougiga TV is clearly supposed to be a "definitive edition" of Kyousougiga, a refinement and expansion of the material of the ONAs into the story that Matsumoto wants to tell. It's not a sequel to the ONAs and the viewer is not expected to have watched the ONAs. ("Episode 0" should not be considered as part of the series; it's simply a filler episode to satisfy the 13-episode time slot that for whatever reason the production committee bought.) If you want to make the criticism that the version of the story told in the TV series is less interesting than the fragments of it contained in the ONAs, I think you can make a case for that, but I don't think the reuse and repurposing of ONA material is a legitimate criticism.

But Valvrave is a comedy, or it was back in season 1 when it was a better show. The few episodes of Code:breaker that I watched weren't particularly funny.

Code:Breaker has its occasional tension dissolving moments of humour but yeah, I didn't mean to imply they were entertaining in exactly the same way.

Sakura Sakurakouji is hilarious; I love the naive fool. But yes, she becomes less important as the series progresses and the Code:Breaker organization becomes more prominent.

I won't say there weren't any endearing moments for her character, it was mostly just the moralising speeches that wore a bit thin for me by the end. They were the most predictable aspect of the show for me.

7Th

Well,
she is actually the big device driving the entire story in the manga. Female Touma and all that.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 339 – I Will Love You Always
madaraepicchia2_by_tristtrist-d6v1sax.gif

We wanted Madara and they gave us Madara, fantastic abilities as usual and his Susanoo looked amazing and so much better than the manga did it (not that Kishimoto did bad, but still well worth it).

The kage expressions during the whole fight they showed really set the tone well and actually made it a bit depressing in someways to watch this all go down. The way Onoki let down his hands as if he was giving up, and even Lady Tsunade as well.

cried hard for Itachi and Sasuke again, why couldnt he stick around more :(

Andrew J.

Galilei Donna 6

All of the major players of the story just happen to be at the same hospital in Nowheresgrad, Siberia at the same time.

I pretty much agree with everything else you wrote about this episode, but I'm fine with this part. An incredibly unlikely coincidence is fine if it creates problems for the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom