• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teekyu OVA 01

Still not the worst animated experience at the dentist that I have seen.

Teekyu OVA 02

When you are at a shrine, always pray your title sells well.

Kyou no Asuka Show 12

I feel that a gaf thread will pop up someday of someone experience this same thing.

CorvoSol

Valvrave 17

Yay,
one of L-elf's douchebag friends finally died! Hopefully Q-face and A-butt are next.

I would be very pleased by this.

He's piloting a Zaku I; most other Zeeks pilot Zaku IIs. They're pretty old by the time of the One Year War.

Ah, well there it is, then.

it's the Zaku 1, the main Zaku's are the 2nd model

Nafe

801 T.T.S. Airbats

Back around January of last year member pdot posted some comments about this show and I noted it down as it looked like it might be interesting. Airbats is a show consisting of seven OVAs with the first coming out in 1994.

jhzey9yqbSW2t.jpg

Miyuki Haneda on the left and Takuya Isurugi on the right in their uniforms.

There's the character Takuya Isurugi who's both a fan of anime and a fan of planes being an aircraft mechanic. He gets transferred to the 801st Tactical Training Squadron (T.T.S. as its shorthand), which is an all female aerobatics team comprised of pilots who were deemed as more difficult cases or rejects. It's actually got an impressive enough seiyuu cast as well with Haneda being voiced by Aya Hisakawa , the shorter Yoko who has a pet bat is voiced by Yukana. It's not her first voice role but being 1994 it's got to be one of her very first I think. Konishi, who is the captain of the 801st, is voiced by Norio Wakamoto who I just heard recently watching Gunbuster doing the voice of Coach. His second in command, Saginomiya, is voiced by Kikuko Inoue.

jvoTx74Ss0TBK.jpg

Being made in the early 90's means the planes and the animation were all hand drawn.

I liked the kind of underdog type story it sets up and personally I kind of like the more quite atmosphere it sets up with the group being more set up in a building off from the main base itself. It starts out as a fun enough show with some nice visuals regarding the planes and the characters outfits and all those details. I won't talk about it yet in this post as I've seen more than just this first episode, and maybe it was obvious anyway, but it kind of turns into a bit of a love triangle story (or harem-like I guess?) between the male lead character and two main female characters.

Anyway, a little bit into the episode Isurugi is settling into his new room on the base when the other main female pilot, Mitaka, enters and you can see he has a bunch of figures set up on a shelf. If you want to just for fun, you can see what all you can recognize.

jZNTBYb4sM4ZW.jpg

While I liked all the characters, I liked Mitaka the best of the female pilots.

Thanks to pdot for mentioning the show as well as its been fun. :)

(For the record I'm still watching Nichijou. Up to ep 4 in fact, but most of the time my comments are my confusion and laughter and that would get boring real quick, but the show is AMAZING)

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) 1

Having not read the manga, I'm going into this blind. And... Dio is a sick bastard. HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO A PUPPY?

cajunator

Banned
Also its rather impressive that both shots show continuity in the placement and appearance of the figures. I wonder if they might have set up a shelf full of objects as a model.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
801 T.T.S. Airbats
I liked the kind of underdog type story it sets up and personally I kind of like the more quite atmosphere it sets up with the group being more set up in a building off from the main base itself. It starts out as a fun enough show with some nice visuals regarding the planes and the characters outfits and all those details. I won't talk about it yet in this post as I've seen more than just this first episode, and maybe it was obvious anyway, but it kind of turns into a bit of a love triangle story (or harem-like I guess?) between the male lead character and two main female characters.
In terms of endings to relationships, this show probably in unabashedly proud of how it ends. lol

Someday I hope to amass a collection like that.

believe it or not , the hardest part is not to make the collection , it's either :

- to keep the collection in shape ( so that the quality of the goods doesn't go down too fast ) ..this often including various extra purchases for cleaning and managing those goods.

- to stop making your collection bigger

Those are the hardest parts believe me.

Jintor

Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA 07

Takes a while to reacclimatise to SYD's brand of lewd, but still tremendously funny. Don't know why I found this particular incarnation of the squid gag so funny, but I did.

The sister is also hilarious.

ED still as odd as ever

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
beyond the boundary 06
that one girl said she had to go to school the next day so they had to act immediately...flash forward to one week later.

Log Horizon - 06

Log%20Horizon%20-%2006.jpg

They trully nailed the "got it" moment in this scene

This episode was quite void of action but still huge a small informations that will become important later .. Shiroe , finally maned up and he is planning a big revolution ...... can't wait to see the effects

Theonik

801 T.T.S. Airbats

Back around January of last year member pdot posted some comments about this show and I noted it down as it looked like it might be interesting. Airbats is a show consisting of seven OVAs with the first coming out in 1994.

There's the character Takuya Isurugi who's both a fan of anime and a fan of planes being an aircraft mechanic. He gets transferred to the 801st Tactical Training Squadron (T.T.S. as its shorthand), which is an all female aerobatics team comprised of pilots who were deemed as more difficult cases or rejects. It's actually got an impressive enough seiyuu cast as well with Haneda being voiced by Aya Hisakawa , the shorter Yoko who has a pet bat is voiced by Yukana. It's not her first voice role but being 1994 it's got to be one of her very first I think. Konishi, who is the captain of the 801st, is voiced by Norio Wakamoto who I just heard recently watching Gunbuster doing the voice of Coach. His second in command, Saginomiya, is voiced by Kikuko Inoue.

Anyway, a little bit into the episode Isurugi is settling into his new room on the base when the other main female pilot, Mitaka, enters and you can see he has a bunch of figures set up on a shelf. If you want to just for fun, you can see what all you can recognize.

Thanks to pdot for mentioning the show as well as its been fun. :)
Added on the long list.

wonzo

Banned
Yowapeda 5

yowapeda5.jpg

One of my favourite things about this show is just how bright and colourful it is, it's always just so pleasing to watch.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too long until Onoda gets a proper racing bike now that he joined the club.

beyond the boundary 06
that one girl said she had to go to school the next day so they had to act immediately...flash forward to one week later.
She worked out she can just use the defensive barrier thing to hide the smell.

Theonik

Hyouka 09
ibo3piSgw06XGp.png

Invoking those best girl powers.
Edit: NOW in 4K!
Some of these theories were pretty ridiculous. I really liked Mayaka getting defensive of Sherlock Holmes on Sewing's behalf. That bit was neat.
The other thing I really liked, is how they kept consistency throughout the sequence with the Whiskey chocolates, keeping the remaining chocolates where they were supposed to be in the box throughout.
Drunken Chitanda was pretty :Cajun I'll admit. Those hickups/sneezes.

Hattori

Banned
My Yunocchi is all I need!
I don't even have a yunocchi to call my own :(

believe it or not , the hardest part is not to make the collection , it's either :

- to keep the collection in shape ( so that the quality of the goods doesn't go down too fast ) ..this often including various extra purchases for cleaning and managing those goods.

Wow... I really haven't even thought about the maintenance at all, this collecting hobby sounds a bit tougher than I anticipated. But I'm definitely going to start a collection sometime soon, I've been eyeing some Gundams online lately :)

cajunator

Banned
Someday I hope to amass a collection like that.

its quite expensive and takes a lot of space/time

Yup. This.

Yup. This.
I know you understand what i'm going through.

Wow... I really haven't even thought about the maintenance at all, this collecting hobby sounds a bit tougher than I anticipated. But I'm definitely going to start a collection sometime soon, I've been eyeing some Gundams online lately :)

Gundam collection ? oh ...going for the big things right away ..
For gundam you'll have an ample supply of goods available ( few reason for shortages ) and plenty of additionnal information should any problem arise but ....
I advise to select properly what you're going for BEFORE the first purchase and limit your self to a small collection first because otherwise .... your wallet will cry .

Well your wallet will cry either way but ....
Also be carefull , some models can be really pricey

At the price you'll get your goods, you'll have the motivation to keep them in proper shape , because there is nothing worse than seeing a beautifull and pricey fig in bad visual shape... you'll feel like you've wasted your money .

Hattori

Banned
Gundam collection ? oh ...going for the big things right away ..
For gundam you'll have an ample supply of goods available ( few reason for shortages ) and plenty of additionnal information should any problem arise but ....
I advise to select properly what you're going for BEFORE the first purchase and limit your self to a small collection first because otherwise .... your wallet will cry .

Well your wallet will cry either way but ....
Also be carefull , some models can be really pricey

At the price you'll get your goods, you'll have the motivation to keep them in proper shape , because there is nothing worse than seeing a beautifull and pricey fig in bad visual shape... you'll feel like you've wasted your money .

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I'll definitely consult experts like you and cajun before I pull the trigger in the near future.

Strike the blood - 6

So we have one case of a beautifull firendship that went dangerously into the realm of yuri .

And one guy being so much into the realm of yaoi that he went into the realm of guro.

Meanwhile , a confused maiden vent her frustration on
an ancient text nobody can decrypt except her.

Strike%20the%20Blood%20-%2006.jpg

this guy ..is manipulating you... this is so obvious !

Decent episode , "cliché" but decent , at least seeing a kuu-dere in maid uniform ordered by a loli is intresting enough i guess.

Hunter x Hunter Episode 103

Pretty awful episode, it would have been so much better if Cheetu were human as he would be really amazing, second best ant. Otherwise everything else was bland and dull, game could have looked fancier, people could have sounded livlier, and Killua ought to have had loads of screentime.

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy 18

I almost typed Pixy instead of Pretty here, but there was no Misa in this episode, just making Misao feel like shit because someone else got involved to be the villain of the episode.

We're continuing with the True Powers of Pretty Sammy though, so I'm willing to bet there will be a confessional stand or something at the end.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm pretty sure Netflix just nuked half of their Anime catalog, while only adding two, likely garbage, ecchi shows.

If they did, it didn't effect me. I've got the following in my list:

Fairy Tail
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
My Bride is a Mermaid
Okami-san and Her Seven Companions
Welcome to the NHK
B-Gata H-Kei
Baka & Test Season 1
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Chobits
Moonphase

None of them actually started, of course.

Who watching anime in netflix anyway, maybe really ignorant of me to say that though.. you can watch some catalog in there than just the recent title.

I watch anime on Netflix. I also watch Archer, Mythbusters, Power Rangers, and MLPFIM. Its just a worthwhile service to me.

-------------------------------------------

Pretty sure I forgot to post my Kill La Kill impressions before I left, so....

Kill la Kill: 06

Well, I'm really glad to see the plot really starting to emerge. Between that and the fighting, this is a really fun watch. Also, nipples!

My Mental Choices 1-4

I decided to watch this anyway, really love the idea about multiple choice question, fun premise for a series. Of course, it didn't take long for girls to be swimming all over the main character.

Loved Kanarin in episode 2 <3 Chocolat is adorable, and the show's definitely entertaining. Hope we get more Kanarin in a later episode, God seemed to like her. haha.

yami4ct

Just finally caught the new Knights of Sidonia trailer. Still not happy they went full-CG, but it's looking better than it initially did. Robots in particular are looking better.

Even if it turns out to be an ugly adaptation, as long as they nail the fights and the story pacing it should be fine. I really hope it turns out well. It's probably one of my favorite mangas running and it deserves a quality adaptation. Given that the story and characters are what cary it, it should be able to survive the terrible CG, but still unfortunate that it has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom