• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Kawamori madness: http://www.nobunaga.tv/character.html

Nobunaga (Mamoru Miyano):

Jeanne Kaguya d'Arc (Yoko Hikasa):

Mitsuhide (Takahiro Sakurai):

Hideyoshi (Yuki Kaji):

Leonardo Da Vinci (Tomokazu Sugita):

Reminds of of this:

Screen_shot_2013_11_09_at_22_15_58.jpg

Also is Log Horizon a harem anime?

CorvoSol

Shin Mazinger Z 3

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKETOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man this show is so dang awesome. Also, it is basically official at this point that if you are a scientist working on a giant robot for your son/grandson you're gonna be freaking crazy and possibly a jerk. Like Dr. Kabuto here, that guy from Getter Robo, Tem Ray, Gendo Ikari and so on.

Also Sayaka booty in this episode. Because you want to know.

Maybe they answer this in Log Horizon 06, but I wonder what they're gonna do with Serrara and stuff. Maybe there'll be a lower level party with the twins after they rescue them or something.

Seems they trekked like for a week to go rescue her basically because they're nice, which is great and all, but I thought she'd maybe be the Guild Leader's sister or something specific. Oh well, guess there's no reason a Guild Master can't look out for their super low-level guildies

Also, she is totally weaponised cute

I don't even know if she'll be a major character later on, going by the OP. Her only featured scene in the OP at least is her rescue sequence, and she doesn't appear to be in the Log Horizon guild in the last shot of the OP. GAH.

Log Horizon isn't harem anime. At least, not to the extent that Sword Art Online is a harem.

Oreimo 13

Right, I'm an idiot.

Thought this entire time Kuroneko was her real name.

Glad to see Ruri (Good god, that does sound weird) call out Kyousuke about Kirino and him admitting it to be true. That entire scene between them at the end was very sweet.

New girl Akagi is already guaranteed a spot as one of my favorites.

cajunator

Banned
Oreimo 13

Right, I'm an idiot.

Thought this entire time Kuroneko was her real name.

Glad to see Ruri (Good god, that does sound weird) call out Kyousuke about Kirino and him admitting it to be true. That entire scene between them at the end was very sweet.

New girl Akagi is already guaranteed a spot as one of my favorites.

You didnt know her name was Ruri Gokou?

Conan-san

Yup. Ep 5 solidifies this notion.

Speaking of; Ash acting in a realistic and smart (as daft as Fletchling looked with that many balloons strapped to it') manner when he
Looses?
. Also the animation being decent? What madness is this?

Golden Time is going to get pretty crazy with the drama methinks, and I'm loving it.

They're getting together before anything is actually resolved, whether it be her feelings for Mitsuo or his for Linda. She just doesn't want to lose him at this stage and that's going to be a huge issue.

Desperate Housewives Pretty Sammy 16

3n8tE2c.jpg
3Dv3K9b.jpg

UNF
PIXY MISA WILL ALWAYS APPEAR WHERE SASAMI IS, EVEN HER OWN BED

Now apparently this is where things start ramping up, what with the realization that Pixy Misa is weak, on top of paying more attention to Misao's Creme Egg of a problem. Second episode of the OVA played with this notion, and is making its way into here.

So now our "big bad" is getting involved to help.... by recruiting a bunch of housewives to help out.

But man, Pixy Misa's power seems to have hit rocked bottom. Breaking her wrist upon clashing, making small ass Love Love Monsters
I think it's an act
, but her overall antics were pretty damn good!

There's also some cluing in on who both of them really are (to the main cast) because of a slip of the tongue, but probably won't be relevant until we're close to being done here.

More importantly
This is the second time Sammy lost because Desperate housewives are too strong compared to a little girl. Also I think it's clear they're the Sexy Team, not "Lovely".

cajunator

Banned
Everyone kept calling her Kuroneko!

That's honestly the first time I've ever heard her called that, unless I'm being forgetful and she actually said her real name the first time she was introduced.

Im pretty sure she said it at some point.
Thought it was common knowledge about her though.

cajunator

Banned
That doesn't disqualify it, though. Last I checked, fantasy and harem aren't mutually exclusive. :p

But I don't think NHK would actually air a harem series. That would be really weird.

True, but Log Horizon really doesnt feel like that. At least not as much as SAO did.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 3

Super villain evil emperor Gore of the Dinosaur Empire actually named his master plan "The Rainbow Plan." I'm not sure I can really respect this guy anymore, you know?

cajunator

Banned
Getter Robo 3

Super villain evil emperor Gore of the Dinosaur Empire actually named his master plan "The Rainbow Plan." I'm not sure I can really respect this guy anymore, you know?

Shouldnt that make you respect him even more?

When are you watching ARJUNA???????

log horizon 6

boring boring. This is why 100% of all mmos don't allow event promo exp pot trading.

I love how no one really cares about being stuck in the mmos forever lol.

Some yaoi stuff going down between shiroe and cat.

Seems like stuff is finally happening so its all good. MMO batman here we go.

This really is 'push glasses up' the anime.

cajunator

Banned
log horizon 6

boring boring. This is why 100% of all mmos don't allow event promo exp pot trading.

I love how no one really cares about being stuck in the mmos forever lol.

Some yaoi stuff going down between shiroe and cat.

Seems like stuff is finally happening so its all good. MMO batman here we go.

This really is 'push glasses up' the anime.

I guess there will never be a really great MMO anime but this one doesnt make me wanna gouge my eyes out at least.

Narag

On this note, is there a recommended order to view Mazinger, Getter, and Macross in? Like Gundam UC is a timeline, so there's that, but like, what do I do for these ns?

Mazinger -> Great Mazinger -> Grendizer if you're doing original tv. Other stuff can be watched independently. Getter goes Getter -> Getter G with the other stuff being watch whenever. Macross is mostly Macross -> DYRL -> 7 -> whatever too.

Continuity isn't so important in these shows like it would be if you watched UC stuff out of order Also that list is lacking VOTOMS so your commitment to mecha might be in question.

Jintor

Shiroe spends more time adjusting his glasses then he does actually talking or fighting.

Episode 4 was so stupid cos the payoff was so lame.

I was expecting him to be using the staff to jump-boost the kid's terrible healing spells or something in conjunction with the Divine Shield, but lol nope, just double-cast thorny vines and keep an eye on your cooldown timer. Laaaaaaaaaaaaame. Not worth the effort to push up your glasses, Shiroe.

I mean, I know you need to get exposition out of the way so you can start setting up these crazy strategies that involve like you going down to 2 hp and then using a skill to switch health with your opponent or some shit but that was just... meh

CorvoSol

Shouldnt that make you respect him even more?

When are you watching ARJUNA???????

Getter is part of my mecha watchlist. It is independent of my progress through the list. But for the sake of answering the question directly, Arjuna is not for awhile, since I have Crystal Triangle, Cyber City Oedo 808, Dark Cat, Dog Soldier and Dracula Emperor of Darkness all to watch before I finally arrive at Earth Maiden Arjuna.

Mazinger -> Great Mazinger -> Grendizer if you're doing original tv. Other stuff can be watched independently. Getter goes Getter -> Getter G with the other stuff being watch whenever. Macross is mostly Macross -> DYRL -> 7 -> whatever too.

Continuity isn't so important in these shows like it would be if you watched UC stuff out of order Also that list is lacking VOTOMS so your commitment to mecha might be in question.

Is VOTOMS the same age as the other four? Because I can only watch so many shows at a time, and while I want to get to VOTOMS, I kinda figured I should rectify not having seen the other two members of the Trinity of Mecha and also Macross first. Only so many free hours to devote to anime in a day and all that.

Desperate Housewives Pretty Sammy 17

Sammy losing IS A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY! GET THE ARMY, GET THE NAVY, GET SOMEBODY! EVEN GINJI, FATHER OF SASAMI WHO IS RUMORED TO LOOK A LOT LIKE PRETTY SAMMY!!

I mean holy shit! That's a lot of firepower.... that is useless because this is the army, and when have they ever been useful?

Again, what the fuck Ginji, you're practically over the top for just a mere father. SWAT BABY

One thing that bugged me is that at the end, one of the Desperate Housewives came over to give cake to Sasami and Misao (after being defeated of course), and she just name dropps the evil team's name, and no one batted an eyelid. I guess because it doesn't matter since they won't be back but lol.

Narag

Is VOTOMS the same age as the other four? Because I can only watch so many shows at a time, and while I want to get to VOTOMS, I kinda figured I should rectify not having seen the other two members of the Trinity of Mecha and also Macross first. Only so many free hours to devote to anime in a day and all that.

Getter/Mazinger are like 10 years removed from Macross/VOTOMs!

Madoka Movie 02

Well guess I'm all caught up again for the third movie.

The whole episode 10 stuff still gets me everytime though. Especially since they played the opening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom