• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanadis - 03

The "chessplay" was a cool concept to use as a way for saving cash. As a dragoholic I don't like how the dragons got killed off so easily. Those weapons are crazy strong.. atleast
the annoying brat died
(please don't come back).
Xu1T7Pw.jpg

javac

I don't know why but I've never liked the way ufotable's animation looks. Everyone loves it and talk about how amazing shows like Fate/Zero looks but I kind of hate it and I can't pinpoint exactly why :$

The technicalities are there, the effort is visible and the detail is high but something about it. I guess I'm just high on the old stuff. Stock footage and bad animation seem to be fine with me. Don't know what it is, but it stops me from watching new stuff. I just flat out refuse to watch a lot of the new stuff but eat old shit up with ease. It doesn't have anything necessarily to do with release date either, I watched and enjoyed LWA and KLK for what it was...so I don't know. I guess it's just the general aesthetics of news stuff. I notice that most of the stuff I watch have Mechs in them of some kind :p I don't know what's wrong with me!

Branduil

I don't know why but I've never liked the way ufotable's animation looks. Everyone loves it and talk about how amazing shows like Fate/Zero looks but I kind of hate it and I can't pinpoint exactly why :$

The technicalities are there, the effort is visible and the detail is high but something about it. I guess I'm just high on the old stuff. Stock footage and bad animation seem to be fine with me. Don't know what it is, but it stops me from watching new stuff. I just flat out refuse to watch a lot of the new stuff but eat old shit up with ease. It doesn't have anything necessarily to do with release date either, I watched and enjoyed LWA and KLK for what it was...so I don't know. I guess it's just the general aesthetics of news stuff. I notice that most of the stuff I watch have Mechs in them of some kind :p I don't know what's wrong with me!

Ufotable uses a ton of digital effects and filters. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't; either way it's a very "processed" look.

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 37

So there's Halloween in the middle of the day (it's for the kids, the scary stuff is for later, I can accept that), Oresky very nearly turning into a good guy, and lots of candy and love triangles everywhere. Megumi's heart isn't really the one at risk here. Iona's going to have a total mental breakdown since Mirage's trump card is
a brainwashed Cure Tender, now looking like Ruby Moon with a little more purple.
Having two former Cures on the villains' side is unusual for this series, and I welcome it. By having fallen heroes among the Precure, it establishes a wider variety of what they can be. Not quite the range of Kamen Rider, but they're getting there as the seasons go on and they need to aim for new concepts.

Toei's been kinda tight-lipped on what the next series actually is. Though they've been so for Sentai, too.

Rhapsody

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park 1-3

Watching this has been rather interesting. I've been away from KyoAni for quite some time now. And it's still odd seeing such fanservice from KyoAni.

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works 2:
We already knew all of this. I mean, 95% of this isn't even just things covered in Fate/Zero for people who have seen that, but stuff that was already set up in the prologue. This really could have all been accomplished in about five minutes time.

Still, Kirei is awesome. But since the prologue this show has basically been nice looking but not especially compelling.

Gazoinks

Yea, many of their works have a very cold feeling to them, partly because of the use of digital effects.

Yeah, this always bugs me a little despite being a fan of their visuals. I feel like their characters also tend to have weirdly glassy eyes.

Branduil

Sword Art Online II - 15

Not even Klein can save this dull episode full of clunky exposition. It's amazing how bad this show is at basic elements of fiction. First we get yet another narration-filled flashback to something we probably should have witnessed in the original series, and then the last third of the episode is swallowed up by an infodump from an NPC featuring lifeless storyboarding and almost no animation.

javac

Ufotable uses a ton of digital effects and filters. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't; either way it's a very "processed" look.

Yea, many of their works have a very cold feeling to them, partly because of the use of digital effects.

Yeah, this always bugs me a little despite being a fan of their visuals. I feel like their characters also tend to have weirdly glassy eyes.

Damn, I was scared I was going to get dogpiled on but I guess I'm not as crazy as I thought I was. They obviously put care into everything they do and I don't want to look as if I'm taking a dump on what they do, but I've never been hot on their animation all the while a vast majority of people on the internet hail them as the lord and savior of animation when I just don't feel it. My brother makes me out like I'm some sort of sadist.

Might seem weird why I'm singling them out, but I guess they're hot right now and I was just curious if I'm just biased to old shows or have some agenda against them or what. I never really liked the use of digital effects in anime, especially when it's obvious. The use of CG in Mononoke is perfect, using tech in a way that seamlessly blends into the traditional animation and the use of CG in say GitS is the same, but stuff like Fate/Zero just doesn't mesh well with me in my opinion. It's the same way I feel about the Garden of Sinners films, don't like the way they look and I guess that really ties into how I just prefer older shows. And I'm fine with that, but I just can't find new stuff that interests me. Even Triggers new show disappoints me in its direction in terms of what it is and what it is going for. I guess things have changed and I'm outdated.

javac

Take it back, or watch Twintails.

Sorry I just can't :( I can't get myself to watch such shows. I have no idea why. I don't mind silly shows, GTO is one of my favorites of all time. I don't mind slice of life, Only Yesterday is my favorite Ghibli film of all time, I don't mind Psychological Drama's, Texhnolyze is one of my favorite shows of all time, Bebop, Eva, FLCL, Patlabor, Giant Robo and Gunbuster are my faves. I just can't get into things other than that. The most recent show I watched was KLK and I enjoyed that...and prior to that the most recent show was probably from 2007 or something outside of the Eva films and Ghibli.

Mentioning your preference to older animu doesn't mean shit without mentioning Utena, come on bros.

I've been meaning to watch that but never have. Now I'm going to get dogpiled on and called out but I guess I just watch what clicks with me. I'm stubborn like that I guess.

fertygo

I've been meaning to watch that but never have. Now I'm going to get dogpiled on and called out but I guess I just watch what clicks with me. I'm stubborn like that I guess.

And you now gotta :eek:

No one gonna talk shit to you, old animu rocks.. unless you stretching your aspect ratio, only devil that doing that.

Firemind

Sword Art Online II - 15

Not even Klein can save this dull episode full of clunky exposition. It's amazing how bad this show is at basic elements of fiction. First we get yet another narration-filled flashback to something we probably should have witnessed in the original series, and then the last third of the episode is swallowed up by an infodump from an NPC featuring lifeless storyboarding and almost no animation.
You already posted this in the OT, bro.

fertygo

Btw fake radio show in Shirobako mentioning currently there's anime boom, I know there's anime produced more than ever in number.. but does narrative like that does heard frequently in Japan?

javac

And you now gotta :eek:

No one gonna talk shit to you, old animu rocks.. unless you stretching your aspect ratio, only devil that doing that.

Don't worry, It's in my backlog and has been for a long time :) I've been meaning to pick up the Blu-ray set up but they're around 20,000 Yen each, £230 all together for the 2 boxes. One day they will be mine!

javac

Those pics never crack me up and I laugh at how silly they are lmao.

No pics here.

So dumb lol. Only an idiot would post them hahah!

javac

I'm laughing at them not with them! Those pics are bad! D: Everyone just resume to the usual routine, nothing to see here.

I knew posting those pics was bad...

Post stupid pics

javac

I would have thought Woofington's ban would have stopped the stupid images. I guess I was wrong.

What pics? I don't see any. No siree! <_<....

...But seriously I'm gonna go watch some stuff now and I'll leave this thread in piece while I pick up my things before I antagonize myself further. Fucking stupid Dog pic, never go with the dog pic!

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not sure I like those Ninja Slayer designs. The cast looks a lot younger than I would have imagined, the 14 year old girl aside.

It also looks similar to their other stuff. I was hoping for a bit more variation.

World Trigger Episode 3
B0RkfReCYAAcNxg.png
B0Rr7TgCUAAXK92.png

Great range of expressions for Kuga.

Lots of explanations for things in the universe that were alright. I didnt remember them being this wordy in the manga, but that was over a year ago. Satisfactory but little explanation for say Replica's origins and a bit more.

Tokieda had a perfect voice, Arashiyama as well. Ai Kitori sounds just as Id expected from such a personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom