• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So, has SAO gone to utter shit with this new arc/season? I stopped a few episodes ago when the first arc closed, and it kind of felt "done" you know? I keep hearing everyone talk shit about the new story line, but then I remembered, everyone has been talking shit about SAO since it started. Is this new season about the same as it ever was, or is it really even worse now? For what it's worth, I was kind of enjoying SAO.

Then again, with relationship dramas, what else can do you but rely on love-polygons? lol
Even Tonari can't escape that unfortunately.

True, but just the fact that almost literally every new character to be introduced in this show served nothing more than a relationship block. I don't mind if there was an ongoing love mess or whatever but it just feels like Yamato and Mei just attracts people who serve nothing to do but to break them up!

cajunator

Banned
So, has SAO gone to utter shit with this new arc/season? I stopped a few episodes ago when the first arc closed, and it kind of felt "done" you know? I keep hearing everyone talk shit about the new story line, but then I remembered, everyone has been talking shit about SAO since it started. Is this new season about the same as it ever was, or is it really even worse now? For what it's worth, I was kind of enjoying SAO.

Well, its no Accel World.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 5

I said it a few posts up, but I reiterate; I REALLY hate this type of episode. Just very hard for me to watch. Like I said, it's probably fear that he'll fuck it up and I'll feel wahjah going into my small intestine. Nothing wrong with this episode in particular, but I just really found it hard to watch.

And yes, he did indeed screw it up. "Belldandy, I want you to go out with me"... and then proceeds to pass out into her breasts. Luckily for him, Belldandy wants him to be happy, so she's cool with it.

Also, I hate Sayoko. Least she seems to have given up on ruining Belldandy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
True, but just the fact that almost literally every new character to be introduced in this show served nothing more than a relationship block. I don't mind if there was an ongoing love mess or whatever but it just feels like Yamato and Mei just attracts people who serve nothing to do but to break them up!
Well, even KnT introduced Kurumi somewhat late to set up the first complication of that series. Every Shoujo Protag-chan needs her friends first, then her enemies second. lol

But yeah, honestly, the strength of Sukitte was in its violently un-shoujo depiction of its characters in the initial arcs. I'm hoping that the direction can try to do something interesting with the rather mundane story that is playing out now.

Soma

So what kind of Action anime do you guys actually like?

It seems you guys hate Project K : (

I really wanted to like K but it just got too dumb for me. :(

As far as action-y stuff for this season, Zetsuen no Tempest has been pretty good, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has been awesome if you can look past the low budget values, and Medaka Box Abnormal has also been entertaining if you can stomach Nisio's writing (I'm a fan of the manga too so that helps with my enjoyment of the show).

People here also seem to like Code:Breaker for some reason but it doesn't look all that appealing to me, personally.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
HIs other project was way better and your avatar knows it.

Accel World's concept is more interesting than SAO's, plus as far as main female characters go Kuroyukihime is infinitely more interesting than Asuna. And cuter.

Though I will give SAO credit for having much better non-main female characters than AW does, like Silica and Lizbest.

trejo

From this season?

Zetzuen no Tempest has the best directed and choreographed action out of them all. Shame it's been rather sparse.

Medaka Box Abnormal is another one that is supposed to be pretty action heavy going forward, if mangoGAF is to be believed.

And of course, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is chock-full of manly hot-blooded action, even if the show itself is ugly as sin, visually.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Accel World's concept is more interesting than SAO's, plus as far as main female characters go Kuroyukihime is infinitely more interesting than Asuna. And cuter.

Though I will give SAO credit for having much better non-main female characters than AW does, like Silica and Lizbest.

You forget Sky Raker son.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

Silica is best ever. so cute.

tumblr_m839w8c54Q1rcdaguo1_500.gif

cajunator

Banned
But Jojo isn't even an anime. It's a picture book where the mouths move occasionally.

Its by far the best picture book this season!

Silica is best ever. so cute.

tumblr_m839w8c54Q1rcdaguo1_500.gif

Too bad she was dropped from the show like a hot rock.
Like Lisbest :/

I would like to buy this now, please.

Oh my godddd ohmy%&/',-66&&'7/&*"&"'

//*%*+

-/7())/*566544shiytSRTGBNYYRE€£¥¢«§}&#65510;<£&#65510;`^»&#65510;§§§§^°°®®¿¿¡¡

Articalys

Oh my god, this is so adorable. I almost want to change my avatar.

Don't they sell these at Comiket or was that something else?
They're normally sold on KyoAni's online store, though they did also sell the Hyouka playing cards at C82 to make it easier for anyone who wanted to buy a set in person. The Chuunibyou cards won't be on sale in the shop until next month, but I'd expect they'll have them at their C83 booth as well (along with a plethora of other merch for the show, I'd imagine).

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 6

Why do I get the feeling that Keiichi's little sis gave him noogies and titty twisters when they were growing up?

I hope that Megumi becomes a fairly regular character on the show. I think I like her because she gives Keiichi a hard time which he probably deserves. She's definitely way better than shitty Sayoko.

And, holy crap, something happened. I had kinda assumed that this was just some slice-of-life anime but with a goddess, but apparently there is more to it. An earth spirit is haunting an apartment because it is close to his line or whatever that has been severed, and Belldandy owns his ass with ease. He promises to watch over Megumi. And now, she's going to attend the same school they're going to. So, I guess she will return. Yay.

Okay, I have to ask. When do these other goddesses show up? Cajunator promised me sexy goddesses. I see them in the intro, but they're not there. What gives?

Ah! My Goddess 6

Okay, I have to ask. When do these other goddesses show up? Cajunator promised me sexy goddesses. I see them in the intro, but they're not there. What gives?

The first one comes in a few episodes while the second one comes at around the halfway mark of this season.

Stoof

Space Bros. 31

Deniel Young is pretty awesome. The episode wasn't as good as episode 30, but that was a hard episode to follow. Still very enjoyable though.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 6

~However, the appearance of just one new star is a matter that will change all the star maps of space.~

The capture of Iserlohn Fortress has begun! Lots of new stuff this episode: the Rosen Ritter, Wenli's new aide, the Imperial soldier who mumbles his line. I like how once again the divisions between fellow military leaders became clear, at both sides of the war. And Wenli's anti-militarism is made very clear: he truly just wants the war to end, so he can retire and live in decades of peace. He arrives late and flunks his ceremonial speech. The contrast with Reinhard's promotion can't be more stronger.

Lain

Psycho Pass 4-5

I'm not a fan of multi part episodes, but this wasn't bad, though I put the reason for that mostly on setting and Akane.
I did feel bad for
Akane's "friend" (acquaintance?)
and I'm also intrigued by the last tidbit of info in episode 5.

I like K. Stylish, nice background music, tripping use of colors. Really enjoyable so far.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb - 05

YYHZE.png
QMoL4.png

YTKmN.png
d4Lpl.png

Sae you dun goofed!

Holy shit if this show was actually about romance brewing inside a dormitory full of lesbians it would be the best love story ever told.

Silliness aside it was nice to have another episode centered on the newer characters Nori and Nazuna not to mention the ability to show off Hiro as a top-tier waifu with her cooking skills and ability to turn any bad situation on its head. After all that talk of fried chicken I'm having a mean craving for it too. :(

Narag

Resubbed to netflix and looks like some shows are expiring soon:

Baccano
FMP Fumoffu
Spice & Wolf
Eden of the East
Moribito
X TV
Casshern Sins
Heroic Age
The Slayers
Birdy the Mighty: Decode
Heat Guy J

and likely others.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 7

The hhhhnnnnnnnngggggggggghhhhhh is strong with this one. Belldandy reminds me a bit of Aigis, what with her limited knowledge of the world and the odd things she does as a result.

Good news: Megumi is still a part of this show. Bad news: So is Sayoko. And holy shit, was I wrong when I thought she had stopped trying to ruin Belldandy. She sends him off with a creepy player who tries to fucking rape her. Bad move. Holy shit, Belldandy will fuck you up if she has to.

Then she takes Keiichi to an auto show which he enjoys. But then she does other things like take him to a repair shop where they stand like idiots watching the guys work, all with their "The fuck are these guys?" faces. And then to a junkyard.

Keiichi looked pretty pathetic going in for that kiss. He looked like he was going to motorboat her.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 5

ibmYKnm682VViB.png
iKn4QulGgElVo.JPG

The two stars of this episode.

Aah, character-focused half episodes have made a return for the two new kids. As anyone would know, any notes from Hidamari Sketch x365's general direction are fine by me.

The first has Nazuna being Nazuna...while attempting to cook! A bundle of cute that is only rivaled by her occasional clumsiness. Hiro shows off her excellent home cooking and saves the day, of course.

ibzsg8WqefB0kp.png
iWMg9VqvAmGSx.png

Miyako images because Miyako images.

Second half handles Nori and bad dreams. She
sleeps over at Sae's place.
Poor Hiro having to deal with a no good spouse! She cooks, cleans and makes the bed only to get back stabbed by the new girl on the block. Triflin'!

Joking aside, it was decent to execute this step for the new girls, even if it didn't really add much of a dynamic to their characters. That is, unless you didn't already know that "Nori loves technology!"

Defuser

Sword Art Online ep 19
QkvtK.png

Good question Kirito. It's Lyfa's massive boobs as always!

Awesome transformation scene by Kirito. I like that scream of his, it always signals that he will fuck them up good. Can't wait for episode 20 where the the real action goes down.

PQjsB.png

If this is what he keeps on doing to girls he met I can't imagine what kinky shit he does to asuna in bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom