• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallen Navy SEAL gets US Navy destroyer named after him

Status
Not open for further replies.

suaveric

PhoenixDark said:
Liberal isn't being used strictly in a political way here. Multiple studies have shown liberal and conservative brains are different in terms of reasoning, fear, etc. I certainly believe a more conservative person would have less of a problem doing what needed to be done in this type of situation.

If you read his book, he definitely meant it in a political way. Marcus Luttrell comes from deep in the heart of Texas and when he's not describing the mission in the book, he's bitching about how the liberal politicians and media back in the US were fucking the war up for the military.

His political rants really tainted what was a great tribute to his fallen SEALs.

EYEL1NER

Just heard about this yesterday.
At PT we have been doing the Murph every now and then. I forget what he called the workout, but I guess XFit enthusiasts renamed it after him. 1 mile run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, 1 mile run.
I didn't know anything about this guy though before reading this, so I learned something I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom